Z3 cold start issue update

Old April 10th 10, 11:18 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Tom D

Default Z3 cold start issue update

A few months ago I posted a message about a cold starting problem that I was
having with my '97 Z3. When it was cold, the car would start but then the
idle would drop. The car would stall if I didn't keep the revs up for a
minute or so. Then once I got going it was fine. I asked if it might be
the idle control valve. Scott D. said to start there by giving it a good
cleaning. I didn't know that it was something that could be cleaned. I was
figuring that I would need to get a new one. So I found some instructions
online for getting to the valve and cleaning it and went through the steps
on a nice day last month. After spraying a bunch of carb cleaner through
it, the little flap inside started to move. So it was definitely gunked up
and stuck. After replacing everything, the problem was gone. And before I
did this, I was even seeing engine faults related to the oxygen sensor, but
that is no longer occurring as well. So thanks again to everyone that
responded, especially Scott. So glad to have been able to resolve this with
a minimal amount of effort and cost.

-=- Tom

Old April 11th 10, 04:46 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
frischmoutt

Thanks for the feedback.
Quite rare nowadays.
I archive your email in case of future need.

cold start issue with Z3 Tom D BMW 10 December 7th 09 08:04 PM
Update on My A/C issue [email protected] Technology 9 July 21st 08 04:23 AM
Citroen Visa Cold Start - Really Cold Day J General 0 March 28th 08 10:48 AM
dakota cold start issue Greg and Candy Dodge 0 January 22nd 08 09:56 PM
83 VW Rabbit Hard to start and progressively looses power and dies. Cold start? Fuel pressure? Electrical? URGENT. Please respond! Mark Amero VW water cooled 3 August 4th 05 02:15 AM