MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

Old July 4th 07, 05:42 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
JoeSpareBedroom

Default MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> "Jeff" > wrote in message
>> newsePii.16305$MR5.10546@trndny02...

>>> Please provide evidence about how much beer he drank in Germany. My
>>> understanding is that he doesn't drink at all any more.
>>>
>>> Jeff

>> Maybe. I still wonder why he fondled the chancellor, though.

> You know, when you make up things about the President, you hurt your
> argument.
>
> You should know better.
>
> After all, he does so much to hurt his own cause.
>
> Jeff

Because I'm a nice guy, I'll give you one chance to recant your statement
before I provide you with video footage of Bush inappropriately touching the
chancellor, and her reaction.

Do you recant your statement?

Old July 4th 07, 05:56 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Jeff[_3_]

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Jeff" > wrote in message
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>>> "Jeff" > wrote in message
>>> newsePii.16305$MR5.10546@trndny02...

>>> Maybe. I still wonder why he fondled the chancellor, though.

>> You know, when you make up things about the President, you hurt your
>> argument.
>>
>> You should know better.
>>
>> After all, he does so much to hurt his own cause.
>>
>> Jeff

> Because I'm a nice guy, I'll give you one chance to recant your statement
> before I provide you with video footage of Bush inappropriately touching the
> chancellor, and her reaction.
>
> Do you recant your statement?

Why would I recant my statement? I have no knowledge of the President
touching her in any appropriate way, and your state behavior to date
doesn't give me much confidence in your statement.

Jeff
Old July 4th 07, 05:58 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Cathy F.[_4_]

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> "Jeff" > wrote in message

>>> You know, when you make up things about the President, you hurt your
>>> argument.
>>>
>>> You should know better.
>>>
>>> After all, he does so much to hurt his own cause.
>>>
>>> Jeff

>> Because I'm a nice guy, I'll give you one chance to recant your statement
>> before I provide you with video footage of Bush inappropriately touching
>> the chancellor, and her reaction.
>>
>> Do you recant your statement?

> Why would I recant my statement? I have no knowledge of the President
> touching her in any appropriate way, and your state behavior to date
> doesn't give me much confidence in your statement.

It was on TV news broadcasts at the time, & if you Google "Bush German
Chancellor" you can find articles about it, along w/video, no problem. He
gave her an uninvited shoulder massage as he passed behind her chair, & her
body language reaction was along the lines of "Arghhh" or "Iccck!"

Cathy

Old July 4th 07, 06:16 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Jeff[_3_]

Cathy F. wrote:
> "Jeff" > wrote in message
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>>> "Jeff" > wrote in message

>>> Because I'm a nice guy, I'll give you one chance to recant your statement
>>> before I provide you with video footage of Bush inappropriately touching
>>> the chancellor, and her reaction.
>>>
>>> Do you recant your statement?

>> Why would I recant my statement? I have no knowledge of the President
>> touching her in any appropriate way, and your state behavior to date
>> doesn't give me much confidence in your statement.

> It was on TV news broadcasts at the time, & if you Google "Bush German
> Chancellor" you can find articles about it, along w/video, no problem. He
> gave her an uninvited shoulder massage as he passed behind her chair, & her
> body language reaction was along the lines of "Arghhh" or "Iccck!"

I would not use the word "fondle" to describe this.

Jeff

Old July 4th 07, 06:20 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
JoeSpareBedroom

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> "Jeff" > wrote in message

>>> You know, when you make up things about the President, you hurt your
>>> argument.
>>>
>>> You should know better.
>>>
>>> After all, he does so much to hurt his own cause.
>>>
>>> Jeff

>> Because I'm a nice guy, I'll give you one chance to recant your statement
>> before I provide you with video footage of Bush inappropriately touching
>> the chancellor, and her reaction.
>>
>> Do you recant your statement?

> Why would I recant my statement? I have no knowledge of the President
> touching her in any appropriate way, and your state behavior to date
> doesn't give me much confidence in your statement.
>
> Jeff

Jeff, you really need to become a better citizen and pay attention to the
news.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1823983.shtml

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dfrHT8o-0A

I play in a band, so obviously, I spend lots of time observing drunk people.
What Bush did is pretty common* behavior for drunk guys in bars. They have
no clue about the physical space that most people consider the norm. They
walk up to a woman and massage her shoulders, but since they have no idea
how to do it, they annoy the woman, and perhaps give her a muscle knot that
hurts for 20 minutes.

A second definition, applicable to Bush's behavior in the video:
Common - 5 a: falling below ordinary standards : second-rate b: lacking
refinement : coarse

Old July 4th 07, 06:21 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
JoeSpareBedroom

"Jeff" > wrote in message

>> It was on TV news broadcasts at the time, & if you Google "Bush German
>> Chancellor" you can find articles about it, along w/video, no problem.
>> He gave her an uninvited shoulder massage as he passed behind her chair,
>> & her body language reaction was along the lines of "Arghhh" or "Iccck!"

> I would not use the word "fondle" to describe this.
>
> Jeff

You wouldn't, but her reaction clearly indicated that it was inappropriate
and undesirable.

Old July 4th 07, 06:40 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Cathy F.[_4_]

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> Cathy F. wrote:
>> "Jeff" > wrote in message

>>> Why would I recant my statement? I have no knowledge of the President
>>> touching her in any appropriate way, and your state behavior to date
>>> doesn't give me much confidence in your statement.

>> It was on TV news broadcasts at the time, & if you Google "Bush German
>> Chancellor" you can find articles about it, along w/video, no problem.
>> He gave her an uninvited shoulder massage as he passed behind her chair,
>> & her body language reaction was along the lines of "Arghhh" or "Iccck!"

> I would not use the word "fondle" to describe this.

I would! Men do *not* go around giving women shoulder rubs unless they are
close to eachother & it's understood to be an invited touch.

Cathy

Old July 4th 07, 06:47 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Jeff[_3_]

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Jeff" > wrote in message
>
>>> It was on TV news broadcasts at the time, & if you Google "Bush German
>>> Chancellor" you can find articles about it, along w/video, no problem.
>>> He gave her an uninvited shoulder massage as he passed behind her chair,
>>> & her body language reaction was along the lines of "Arghhh" or "Iccck!"

>> I would not use the word "fondle" to describe this.
>>
>> Jeff

> You wouldn't, but her reaction clearly indicated that it was inappropriate
> and undesirable.

We saw what? six seconds of action? We don't know the context. It could
have been highly offensive or just a joke or a gesture of friendship.
And, IMHO, her reaction indicated surprise at an unexpected shoulder
massage.

From what I've read, it was just a friendly gesture that had no sexual
connotation at all.

At any rate, I disagree with calling this 3 second shoulder rub,
undesirable or not, "fondling."

Jeff
Old July 4th 07, 06:50 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Cathy F.[_4_]

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> "Jeff" > wrote in message

>>> I would not use the word "fondle" to describe this.
>>>
>>> Jeff

>> You wouldn't, but her reaction clearly indicated that it was
>> inappropriate and undesirable.

> We saw what? six seconds of action? We don't know the context. It could
> have been highly offensive or just a joke or a gesture of friendship. And,
> IMHO, her reaction indicated surprise at an unexpected shoulder massage.
>
> From what I've read, it was just a friendly gesture that had no sexual
> connotation at all.
>
> At any rate, I disagree with calling this 3 second shoulder rub,
> undesirable or not, "fondling."

Look at her facial expression & the tenseness of her shoulders, up in the
air. That overture was obviously *not* a welcome one. (I hope Laura gave
him hell about it later; nothing to do w/jealousy, but the
inappropriateness of the touch.)

Cathy

Old July 4th 07, 06:51 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
JoeSpareBedroom

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> "Jeff" > wrote in message

>>> I would not use the word "fondle" to describe this.
>>>
>>> Jeff

>> You wouldn't, but her reaction clearly indicated that it was
>> inappropriate and undesirable.

> We saw what? six seconds of action? We don't know the context. It could
> have been highly offensive or just a joke or a gesture of friendship. And,
> IMHO, her reaction indicated surprise at an unexpected shoulder massage.
>
> From what I've read, it was just a friendly gesture that had no sexual
> connotation at all.
>
> At any rate, I disagree with calling this 3 second shoulder rub,
> undesirable or not, "fondling."
>
> Jeff

The context? They're at a friggin' conference table at the G8 summit, in
front of television cameras, you knucklehead!

How old are you?

Is anyone using a smaller steering wheel in a C3 ? dave Corvette 1 March 31st 05 04:13 PM
Smaller Wheels CobraJet Ford Mustang 17 February 17th 05 04:35 AM
4WD smaller vehicle choices Dan Birchall 4x4 2 August 11th 04 08:24 PM