MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

Old July 2nd 07, 01:11 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Mike Hunter

Default MIKE Hunter's smal car v large car thesis is correct

Are you refer to my service in WWII? You, of course, are free to believe
whatever you choose. LOL

mike

Old July 2nd 07, 01:13 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Mike Hunter

Our friend Scott would disagree. He says the opposite LOL

mike

oups.com...

Old July 2nd 07, 01:23 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Jeff[_3_]

Mike Hunter wrote:
> Are you refer to my service in WWII?

No, I neither knew nor cared that you served in WWII. I had some
relatives who served in WWII, including an uncle who got killed in
France, as well as Korea and Viet Nam (including an uncle who served
twenty years in active duty in the reserves).

In addition, I probably had many distant relatives who served in Europe
in the German Army (my family came from there, but we lost contact with
them before the first World War).

> You, of course, are free to believe
> whatever you choose. LOL

Yes, and you show us what happens when one does not think much about
what he believes (or anything else for that matter).

Jeff

Old July 2nd 07, 01:41 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Go Mavz

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> Mike Hunter wrote:
>> I do not now, or have I ever owned an SUV. I am retired now and what I
>> do have is fifteen years of my thirty years experience, as an automotive
>> structural design engineer, designing automobile crumple zones and test
>> crashing hundreds of all types of vehicles and observing the result on
>> crash dummies.

> From your comments, it looks like you volunteered at one point. That would
> explain your brain damage. ;-)
>
>> Whether one chooses to agree or not is immaterial, the fact is one can
>> not defy the laws of physics. The fact remains the larger the vehicle,
>> the more efficient the crumple zones, and the safety features are in
>> absorbing the forces a collision and thus much less likely for properly
>> belted passengers to be injured or killed by the "third collision" where
>> ones
>> organs strike ones skeleton, period.

> The fact is that the smaller the vehicle, the fewer forces there are to
> absorb.
>
> The fact is that many small cars have fewer fatalities per million miles
> driven than big cars.
>

>> One is free to believe whatever one wishes and buy whatever one chooses.

> One can even believe a clueless twit.
>
>> For me, I choose to never be caught dead in a small car, to save a
>> relatively few hundred dollars on fuel annually.

> And for me, I choose to drive a same small car, so that I won't be caught
> dead in a rollover crash.

Its no secret that if you slam 800 pounds into a smaller car at 60 mph
compared to an SUV that the damage is going to be more so, to the car.

The problem though is many things arent valued into that.. SUV's are harder
to move when a mistake is noticed and smaller cars are easier to move...

You can sit in a warehouse all day and slam stuff into cars and come up with
the obvious that the smaller car is going to get more abuse. Any moron could
tell you that. However, how do SUV's play into it?

A smaller car, hitting another smaller car is going to do less damage than a
smaller car being hit by an SUV...

Old July 2nd 07, 01:41 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Go Mavz

"Mike Hunter" > wrote in message
> Are you refer to my service in WWII?

I don't know. Are you?

You, of course, are free to believe
> whatever you choose. LOL

chooo chooo

Old July 2nd 07, 01:51 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Gordon McGrew

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 20:11:37 -0400, "Mike Hunter"
> wrote:

>Are you refer to my service in WWII?

Fortunately, you were defeated.
Old July 2nd 07, 02:12 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Jeff[_3_]

Default MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>>
>>> "Michael Pardee" > wrote in message
>>> .. .
>>>
>>> For further clarification of "hemisphere", I'll share some enlightenment
>>> from the commander in chief:
>>>
>>> "Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature
>>> because
>>> it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."-Austin, Texas,
>>> Dec.
>>> 20, 2000

>> As a public service, please accompany any quotes of George W. Bush
>> with his blood alcohol level at the time he spoke those words.
>>

> 19.7

George W. Bush has not had any alcohol in a long time; since long before
he became President.

I am not suggesting that it is not concerning that he made all those
comments while he was sober, either.

Jeff
Old July 2nd 07, 02:19 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
JoeSpareBedroom

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>>> As a public service, please accompany any quotes of George W. Bush
>>> with his blood alcohol level at the time he spoke those words.
>>>

>> 19.7

> George W. Bush has not had any alcohol in a long time; since long before
> he became President.
>
> I am not suggesting that it is not concerning that he made all those
> comments while he was sober, either.
>
> Jeff

Excellent.

Old July 2nd 07, 02:21 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Mike Hunter

Why do I not find it odd that you did not mention you served your country?

mike

Old July 2nd 07, 02:37 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Mike Hunter

That's obvious, but it will be more danger to the passengers than if the SUV
his a large car. The fact is if a small car hits a small car their is a
greater chance that the properly belted passenger will be injured or killed
than the properly belted passenger of a larger vehicle.

Maybe you learned something while attaining your metallurgy engineering
degree than did I, but I doubt it. The laws of terminal dynamics in a
collision do not change.

Whether you believe so or not, is your purgative, but I'll not continue to
try and enlighten
one who has only an opinion on his side.

mike

"Go Mavz" > wrote in message

> "Jeff" > wrote in message
>> Mike Hunter wrote:
>>> I do not now, or have I ever owned an SUV. I am retired now and what I
>>> do have is fifteen years of my thirty years experience, as an automotive
>>> structural design engineer, designing automobile crumple zones and test
>>> crashing hundreds of all types of vehicles and observing the result on
>>> crash dummies.

>> From your comments, it looks like you volunteered at one point. That
>> would explain your brain damage. ;-)
>>
>>> Whether one chooses to agree or not is immaterial, the fact is one can
>>> not defy the laws of physics. The fact remains the larger the vehicle,
>>> the more efficient the crumple zones, and the safety features are in
>>> absorbing the forces a collision and thus much less likely for properly
>>> belted passengers to be injured or killed by the "third collision" where
>>> ones
>>> organs strike ones skeleton, period.

>> The fact is that the smaller the vehicle, the fewer forces there are to
>> absorb.
>>
>> The fact is that many small cars have fewer fatalities per million miles
>> driven than big cars.
>>

>>> One is free to believe whatever one wishes and buy whatever one chooses.

>> One can even believe a clueless twit.
>>
>>> For me, I choose to never be caught dead in a small car, to save a
>>> relatively few hundred dollars on fuel annually.

>> And for me, I choose to drive a same small car, so that I won't be caught
>> dead in a rollover crash.

> Its no secret that if you slam 800 pounds into a smaller car at 60 mph
> compared to an SUV that the damage is going to be more so, to the car.
>
> The problem though is many things arent valued into that.. SUV's are
> harder to move when a mistake is noticed and smaller cars are easier to
> move...
>
> You can sit in a warehouse all day and slam stuff into cars and come up
> with the obvious that the smaller car is going to get more abuse. Any
> moron could tell you that. However, how do SUV's play into it?
>
> A smaller car, hitting another smaller car is going to do less damage than
> a smaller car being hit by an SUV...

Is anyone using a smaller steering wheel in a C3 ? dave Corvette 1 March 31st 05 04:13 PM
Smaller Wheels CobraJet Ford Mustang 17 February 17th 05 04:35 AM
4WD smaller vehicle choices Dan Birchall 4x4 2 August 11th 04 08:24 PM