NFSU2 demo, anyone tried it?

Old October 28th 04, 05:52 PM
rms

Default NFSU2 demo, anyone tried it?

It's 350meg, too big for me, but I'm curious how good it is!

rms

Old October 28th 04, 10:50 PM
mjones53

I have no sim, but it is fun, and good graphics, just hard to get my logi
driving force pro and act labs pedals to work right.
. ..

Old October 29th 04, 12:31 AM
Kyle Roberts

"rms" > wrote in message
. ..
> It's 350meg, too big for me, but I'm curious how good it is!
>
> rms

I downloaded it, but it requires DirectX 9.0c to be installed. I won't
update DirectX until I buy a game that needs it. The demo most likely would
have only been on my PC for a short time anyway.

Kyle

Old October 29th 04, 01:08 AM
rms

> I downloaded it, but it requires DirectX 9.0c to be installed. I won't
> update DirectX until I buy a game that needs it. The demo most likely
> would
> have only been on my PC for a short time anyway.

SP2 for WinXP includes DX9c I believe ?

rms

Old October 29th 04, 01:15 AM
Tiny Lund

I tried it last night. Great sound and cute graphics but not much for
hardcore sim fans.
. ..

Old October 29th 04, 01:47 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Tiny Lund" > wrote in message
>I tried it last night. Great sound and cute graphics but not much for
>hardcore sim fans.
> "rms" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> It's 350meg, too big for me, but I'm curious how good it is!
>>
>> rms

You expected this game to be good for the hardcore? I hope not. Might be
fun nevertheless.

I'm not expecting much regarding the game being a good simulator, I know
that going in. But the game might be fun to mess with for a bit. I got the
demo but haven't installed it yet.

Alanb

Old October 29th 04, 03:14 AM
Tiny Lund

You expected this game to be good for the hardcore?

No, I have played the previous NFS's I do like the car sound and wanted to
see if there were any interesting graphic innovations. I'll expect to see it
free with a pack of smokes at the local mini-mart soon.

Old October 29th 04, 03:42 AM
Mike Beauchamp

Dude, calm down and install the latest directx... it isn't gonna blow up
your system.

Mike
http://mikebeauchamp.com

om...

Old October 29th 04, 04:10 AM
cronik

Wonderful!

Visually it's a feast for the eyes, bright lights, neon and shiny
surfaces abound.

Combine this with superb audio and pumping trax and you have the
makings of a great racer.

The handling feels very good, appears to have been overhauled from the
original, car feels more difficult to drive and when traversing over
grass sections you can notice the reduction in grip level.

Besides the usual modes of play such as quick race and online there is
a great new feature called 'free roam' where you can basically just
cruise around exploring the vast city area.

During this mode of play you will also come across street races that
you can choose to participate in if you so desire.

Looks like there will also be a great deal of tuning and customisation
options in the final game.

It's shaping up to be very good and a game you can't miss even if you
only remotely liked the original.

Old October 29th 04, 05:19 AM
Mike Beauchamp

> What about if you almost vommitted whenever you saw the original?

Then you are the coolest person in the world... the videogames you prefer
(gpl i assume?) must be so much more mature than this mass audience game.

Mike
http://mikebeauchamp.com

Is it just me? (GTR Demo) David G Fisher Simulators 8 November 1st 04 09:41 PM
Problems with Wheel and Rbr demo Xander Vlasveld Simulators 18 October 28th 04 11:14 PM
Demo or new? Rich Honda 10 October 27th 04 03:49 PM
GTR official demo is out David G Fisher Simulators 7 October 22nd 04 08:16 PM
GTR -> Official Demo with Press Demo Simulation files Sting32 Simulators 0 October 15th 04 05:57 AM