just curious - what car/truck brand is this?

Old September 16th 05, 08:19 AM

Default just curious - what car/truck brand is this?

I've met the following wreck during vaccations,
and being a boy, I'm curious what brand that is.

http://sweb.cz/Frantisek.Rysanek/wreck/emblem.jpg
http://sweb.cz/Frantisek.Rysanek/wreck/front.jpg
http://sweb.cz/Frantisek.Rysanek/wreck/rear.jpg
http://sweb.cz/Frantisek.Rysanek/wreck/transmission.jpg

Seems to have a 4-cylinder gasoline engine
(four spark plugs), OHV.
It was hard to find any badge or emblem at all
on the rotten carcass.

Any ideas are welcome

Frank Rysanek

Old September 17th 05, 08:28 AM
BobW

Some interesting pictures. At first glance, it looks to be some form of
Jennie or Donkey utility vehicle. It was possibly a highly customized
vehicle meant to be driven to a site, utilized for whatever purpose that
"spool" type of device on the back is for, then driven to the next site.
Possibly some kind of "water-wagon" to pump water from a near by stream.

Not sure what the RL inside the diamond is but I'll bet it's a casting
emblem, not a vehicle manufacturer insignia.

Totally wild speculation so take it all with VERY large portion of salt.

oups.com...

Old September 18th 05, 03:26 AM
Ashton Crusher

On 16 Sep 2005 00:19:40 -0700, wrote:

>I've met the following wreck during vaccations,
>and being a boy, I'm curious what brand that is.

http://sweb.cz/Frantisek.Rysanek/wreck/emblem.jpg
>http://sweb.cz/Frantisek.Rysanek/wreck/front.jpg
>http://sweb.cz/Frantisek.Rysanek/wreck/rear.jpg
>http://sweb.cz/Frantisek.Rysanek/wreck/transmission.jpg
>
>Seems to have a 4-cylinder gasoline engine
>(four spark plugs), OHV.
>It was hard to find any badge or emblem at all
>on the rotten carcass.
>
>Any ideas are welcome
>
>Frank Rysanek

In the first photo it looks like the face of the Virgin Mary so I'm
guessing it's the original Pope Mobile.
Old September 18th 05, 11:27 PM
Al Bundy

I second the fire truck guess. The hose reel, short wheelbase, and dual
wheels support the theory. The little four cylinder engine suggests
otherwise. It could have had a pump on it, but not much of a water tank.

Old September 19th 05, 05:11 PM
George Patterson

Al Bundy wrote:
> I second the fire truck guess. The hose reel, short wheelbase, and dual
> wheels support the theory. The little four cylinder engine suggests
> otherwise.

Yes, and the fact that it's an OHV argues against this being an early vehicle.

George Patterson
Old September 21st 05, 04:46 PM

> Yes, and the fact that it's an OHV argues against this being an early vehicle.

err... I'm not completely sure about OHV, but it's definitely not an
OHC - no camshaft drive chain/belt going to the head, that was all I
could see.
It could as well have one or both valves per cylinder by the bottom of
the cylinders, with just a channel routed to the head. I seem to recall
some sketches of older engines that had this arrangement. I'm no car
expert,
and not a native english speaker - please excuse my poor vocabulary :-)

I've met the car in Corsica, fairly high in the mountains, in the
forest-covered zone, maybe half a km away from the asphalt road, nearby
a heavily washed stony forest path (a seasonal brook). It could be some
sorta fire squad transportation vehicle, and could become broken and
abandoned in action, or could just get thrown away.

Given the geopolitical situation and history of the island, the car
brand could be French or Italian, but also German or U.S. or even
British for that matter.
Renault, Peugeot, Fiat... I don't really know.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who replied :-)

Frank Rysanek

Curious about automatic window Milleron Honda 2 August 20th 05 05:40 AM
Curious about youse guys' opinions fbloogyudsr Driving 25 July 24th 05 03:14 AM
Just Curious..... * Technology 3 May 31st 05 03:18 AM
A Curious Tale Of Mothra & The Mustang Quiet Desperation Ford Mustang 1 April 15th 05 02:13 AM
Curious, is John David Galt a troll? Cory Dunkle Driving 4 December 20th 04 10:31 PM