1998 Honda Accord Coupe

Old June 12th 05, 05:13 PM

Default 1998 Honda Accord Coupe

I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on how I can get this car
started. Went on vacation last week and upon return my 1998 Accord
Coupe V6 will not start.

The battery seems to be fine and it cranks over the engine nicely. I
have checked the cables, air filter, fuel cap, etc. Any ideas?

Old June 12th 05, 07:45 PM
TomP

Check the ICM

NOTE:If the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) comes on, refer to the Diagnostic
Trouble Code (DTC) troubleshooting Index; refer to the '98-02 Accord Service
Manual.

Perform an input test for the ignition control module (ICM) after finishing
the fundamental tests for the ignition system and the fuel and emissions
systems.

1. Disconnect the 3P connector from the distributor.

2. Turn the ignition switch ON (II). Check for voltage between the No. 2
terminal and body ground. There should be battery voltage.

+ If there is no battery voltage, check:

- ignition coil.
- BLK/YEL wire between the ICM and ignition coil.

+ If there is battery voltage, go to step 3.

3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II). Check for voltage between the No. 3
terminal and body ground. There should be battery voltage.

+ If there is no battery voltage, check:

- ignition coil.
- BLU wire between the ICM and ignition coil.

+ If there is battery voltage, go to step 4.

4. Disconnect PCM connector B (25P) and check for continuity on the No. 1
terminal between the ICM connector terminal No. 1 (YEL/GRN) and PCM connector
terminal B13. There should be continuity.

5. Check for continuity on the No. 1 terminal to body ground. There should be
no continuity. If there is continuity (short to ground), the ICM is probably
damaged.

6. Reconnect PCM connector B (25P) and the distributor 3P connector.

+ If all the tests are normal, replace the ICM.

--
Tp,

-------- __o
----- -\<. -------- __o

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

Old June 16th 05, 04:42 AM

After two days of trying to get the car started with a variety of
techniques, I gave up and had it towed for repair. It sat for 1 day at
the shop and cranked up fine the first try for the mechanic.
Grrrrrr....but good news all the same, no repair charges and the tow
was free.

Thanks for all of the advise!