to call or not to call

Old July 16th 08, 07:03 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
not much of anyone

Default to call or not to call

I hope I didn't post this last nite.

While I never drive drunk, I sometimes post drunk.

So yesterday some moron runs a stop sign and pulls out in front of me.

I'm travelling on a 5 lane street (2 each way and one turning lane).

I move from the right lane to the left lane to avoid him, but he swings
wide so I swerve back into the right lane and at the same time he
corrects and also takes the right lane.

So I make another lane change and pass him.

At the stop light, I make note of the name of the company on his truck
and write down his license plate.

Should I even bother? Does anything ever come of these reports?
Old July 16th 08, 07:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alexander Rogge

> While I never drive drunk, I sometimes post drunk.

That should be illegal now, along with using the mobile phone while posting.

> So yesterday some moron runs a stop sign and pulls out in front of me.
>
> I move from the right lane to the left lane to avoid him, but he swings
> wide so I swerve back into the right lane and at the same time he
> corrects and also takes the right lane.

It's another MFFY Sloth.

> So I make another lane change and pass him.
>
> At the stop light, I make note of the name of the company on his truck
> and write down his license plate.
>
> Should I even bother? Does anything ever come of these reports?

Reporting to the driver's employer may get a response.
Old July 16th 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

On Jul 16, 2:03*am, not much of anyone > wrote:
> I hope I didn't post this last nite.
>
> While I never drive drunk, I sometimes post drunk.
>
> So yesterday some moron runs a stop sign and pulls out in front of me.
>
> I'm travelling on a 5 lane street (2 each way and one turning lane).
>
> I move from the right lane to the left lane to avoid him, but he swings
> wide so I swerve back into the right lane and at the same time he
> corrects and also takes the right lane.
>
> So I make another lane change and pass him.
>
> At the stop light, I make note of the name of the company on his truck
> and write down his license plate.
>
> Should I even bother? *Does anything ever come of these reports?

At my employer, a certain number of those complaints can get you
fired. (well, not strictly, but you can lose your privileges to drive
a company vehicle. Of course that may mean that they consider you
unable to do your job anymore...) I would say use your discretion;
don't call because someone ****ed you off because calling one of those
numbers is a really big deal. However, don't *not* call when you see
someone doing something truly dangerous because you think nothing will
happen - trust me, it will.

nate
Old July 16th 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Jul 16, 2:50*am, Alexander Rogge > wrote:
> > While I never drive drunk, I sometimes post drunk.

> That should be illegal now, along with using the mobile phone while posting.
>
> > So yesterday some moron runs a stop sign and pulls out in front of me.

> > I move from the right lane to the left lane to avoid him, but he swings
> > wide so I swerve back into the right lane and at the same time he
> > corrects and also takes the right lane.

> It's another MFFY Sloth.
>
> > So I make another lane change and pass him.

> > At the stop light, I make note of the name of the company on his truck
> > and write down his license plate.

> > Should I even bother? *Does anything ever come of these reports?

> Reporting to the driver's employer may get a response.

I agree. All my father's company vehicles are prominently lettered,
including the business (which is his cell phone) number. When he gets
such a call he takes it very seriously, as annoying the public isn't
good for business. Then again, he's gotten calls by people
complaining about perfectly acceptable things, when he's at the site.
He then smiles at the complaining cars driver while assuring them
he'll take care of it. Those are good for a laugh. Basically, call
if it's truly legit, but not just because you're annoyed. You could
be effecting someone's job.
Old July 16th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Darkangel de la Louisiane

On Jul 16, 1:03*am, not much of anyone > wrote:
> I hope I didn't post this last nite.
>
> While I never drive drunk, I sometimes post drunk.
>
> So yesterday some moron runs a stop sign and pulls out in front of me.
>
> I'm travelling on a 5 lane street (2 each way and one turning lane).
>
> I move from the right lane to the left lane to avoid him, but he swings
> wide so I swerve back into the right lane and at the same time he
> corrects and also takes the right lane.
>
> So I make another lane change and pass him.
>
> At the stop light, I make note of the name of the company on his truck
> and write down his license plate.
>
> Should I even bother? *Does anything ever come of these reports?

He ran a stop sign and drove pretty erratically there. If he did that
and got into a wreck or something, that'd be pretty bad for the
business the guy drives for.

I'd say report him.
Old July 16th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Jul 16, 10:00*am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> In message
> >,
>
> " > wrote:
> >I agree. *All my father's company vehicles are prominently lettered,
> >including the business (which is his cell phone) number. *When he gets
> >such a call he takes it very seriously, as annoying the public isn't
> >good for business. *Then again, he's gotten calls by people
> >complaining about perfectly acceptable things, when he's at the site.
> >He then smiles at the complaining cars driver while assuring them
> >he'll take care of it. *Those are good for a laugh. *Basically, call
> >if it's truly legit, but not just because you're annoyed. *

> If what he did was legit, I wouldn't be annoyed.
> --
> Q: What's the difference between a traffic snake and a real one?
> A: The traffic snake's asshole at the *front* end.

As you should know, some people are annoyed by perfectly legit and
reasonable things. Since you live in CA, I'm assuming you are not the
person who called and complained.
Old July 16th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Jul 16, 6:59*am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> In message >, Alexander Rogge
>
> > wrote:
> >> At the stop light, I make note of the name of the company on his truck
> >> and write down his license plate.

> >> Should I even bother? *Does anything ever come of these reports?

> >Reporting to the driver's employer may get a response.

> Boycotting the employer is also easy.
> --
> Q: What's the difference between a traffic snake and a real one?
> A: The traffic snake's asshole at the *front* end.

And ineffective in correcting the problem. The employer won't know
there was a problem unless you tell him. Now if you mean 'call and
then boycott' yes, but it is a bit extreme. Give him a chance to
correct the problem before you boycott. One screwup in traffic isn't
much of a cause to affect a business.

Harry K
Old July 17th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Jul 16, 7:43*pm, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> In message
> >,
>

> Harry K > wrote:
> >On Jul 16, 6:59*am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> >> In message >, Alexander Rogge

> >> Boycotting the employer is also easy.

> >And ineffective in correcting the problem. *The employer won't know
> >there was a problem unless you tell him. *Now if you mean 'call and
> >then boycott' yes, but it is a bit extreme. *

> How about "fill out a comment card and then boycott?"

Basically, that is what I said, inform and then boycott or you are
accomplishing nothing

> >One screwup in traffic isn't much of a cause to affect a business.

> If it's an honest mistake, you are correct. But if it's an obvious
> MFFY move, then I have no interest in doing business with people who
> hire MFFYs (since they are probably MFFYs themselves).

Quite so!

Harry K

O.T. $10,000 call FrankW Jeep 2 February 28th 08 12:56 PM
SS, C7, Z07, ZR1 ? ....call it what you want for $100K! Billy Ryman Corvette 10 December 23rd 07 01:50 PM
On His Way to a Call, No Doubt jaybird Driving 7 May 27th 06 02:55 AM
What do you call... Scott H VW air cooled 3 May 21st 05 03:29 PM
A call to pen James Hilins Jeep 0 February 16th 05 01:20 PM