what is the dumbest thing u have ever been pulled over for?

Old June 15th 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
ricer1991

Default what is the dumbest thing u have ever been pulled over for?

Last night i was driving and i got pulled over because the cop said i
was going 3 miles over the limit of 55. I even got the ticket i am
trying to post a picture on here i got 58mph in a 55mph. It is not like
i was driving my tuner car i was driving my stock rusty dynoed at 125
mph top speed chevrolet cavalier station wagon! well their is my story
wheres yours.

--
ricer1991
ricer1991's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=518125

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old June 15th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Shawn Hirn

In article >,
ricer1991 > wrote:

> Last night i was driving and i got pulled over because the cop said i
> was going 3 miles over the limit of 55. I even got the ticket i am
> trying to post a picture on here i got 58mph in a 55mph. It is not like
> i was driving my tuner car i was driving my stock rusty dynoed at 125
> mph top speed chevrolet cavalier station wagon! well their is my story
> wheres yours.

Many years ago while driving a rented van home with six friends home
from a day of skiing, I made a left turn onto a friend's street to drop
him off. This was in the Art Museum area of Philadelphia. I was stopped
for making a left turn through a red light. The problem was that the
street I turned onto was on the same side as the traffic light from me.
I didn't cross the intersection that was controlled by that red light.

My friend who lived on that street argued in my defense that the ticket
would be bogus because I didn't go through the intersection that was
controlled by that light. After about 15 minutes of back and forth
debate with the cop (he was very polite the entire time, as was my
friend and I), I asked the cop to call a supervisor to get an additional
opinion. The supervisor agreed with my friend and me, so the cop let us
go without a ticket and he actually apologized for the confusion.
Old June 15th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, ricer1991 wrote:

> Last night i was driving and i got pulled over because the cop said i
> was going 3 miles over the limit of 55. I even got the ticket i am
> trying to post a picture on here i got 58mph in a 55mph. It is not like
> i was driving my tuner car i was driving my stock rusty dynoed at 125
> mph top speed chevrolet cavalier station wagon! well their is my story
> wheres yours.

A driver ahead of me in the left lane of two is driving about 20mph under
the posted speed limit weaving left and right. I get in the right lane
and wait for the driver to weave left and punch it. I get up to the
posted speed limit and pass. I get pulled over and my papers run.

The more amusing ones are when I'm biking. I was pulled over for not
teetering on the edge of the paved surface. I was pulled over for yelling
'green light go!' when a driver sat still on a green signal.

Of course there were times I was pulled over simply because the officer
wanted to run my papers, where no event had occured and the cop did not
give a reason or clearly pulled one out of his ass.

Old June 15th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

ricer1991:

> Last night i was driving and i got pulled over because the cop said i
> was going 3 miles over the limit of 55. I even got the ticket i am
> trying to post a picture on here i got 58mph in a 55mph. It is not like
> i was driving my tuner car i was driving my stock rusty dynoed at 125
> mph top speed chevrolet cavalier station wagon! well their is my story
> wheres yours.

Years ago (early '90's), I was driving south on I-95 just south of the
I-4 junction. A Volusia County Sheriff's Deputy pulls me over and orders
me out of the car over his PA. Then he gets out of his car, and says to
the effect, "Sorry, I got the wrong car. I didn't realise it untill I
was right on top of you." I haven't driven that stretch of road since.
Even now, when I hit the Volusia County line, I get onto US1 at the
first opportunity.

--
"The world's gone crazy... You know how I know the
world's gone crazy? 'Cause I'm more scared of white
Old June 15th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Jun 15, 8:58 am, Scott en Aztlán > wrote:
> (Brent P) said in
> rec.autos.driving:
>
> >Of course there were times I was pulled over simply because the officer
> >wanted to run my papers, where no event had occured and the cop did not
> >give a reason or clearly pulled one out of his ass.

> You know, I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I
> have been pulled over by a cop - and I've been driving for over 25
> years. The first few years of my driving career were spent in the
> Chicago area, yet I was only pulled over once while I lived there (got
> a justified speeding ticket when I was 17). Yet it sounds like you get
> pulled over for a "papers check" at least once a month.
>
> How do you account for this?

<SPIT TAKE>

What're you, some kinda troll or sumpin'...?
-----

- gpsman

Old June 15th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> (Brent P) said in
> rec.autos.driving:
>
>>A driver ahead of me in the left lane of two is driving about 20mph under
>>the posted speed limit weaving left and right. I get in the right lane
>>and wait for the driver to weave left and punch it. I get up to the
>>posted speed limit and pass. I get pulled over and my papers run.
>>
>>The more amusing ones are when I'm biking. I was pulled over for not
>>teetering on the edge of the paved surface. I was pulled over for yelling
>>'green light go!' when a driver sat still on a green signal.

>>Of course there were times I was pulled over simply because the officer
>>wanted to run my papers, where no event had occured and the cop did not
>>give a reason or clearly pulled one out of his ass.

> You know, I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I
> have been pulled over by a cop - and I've been driving for over 25
> years. The first few years of my driving career were spent in the
> Chicago area, yet I was only pulled over once while I lived there (got
> a justified speeding ticket when I was 17). Yet it sounds like you get
> pulled over for a "papers check" at least once a month.

Just purely checking papers? One checkpoint, two pull pull overs. Now
thinly veiled excuse to check papers? add about 4 more.

> How do you account for this?

It's not the 1980s any more Scott. Before the late
1990s I had only been pulled over twice. Once for doing the speed of
traffic through a suburban speed trap and once for a papers check in chicago.

You take the train and ride the bus. You're probably not driving between
11pm and 3am much, I do so at least twice a week. You're not a vehicluar
bicyclist. Last time I was pulled over while biking the cop says first
off, 'I don't like the way you ride your bike, that's not a car'. Then
he went into how I yelled 'go green light go'.

Is that enough reasons?

Old June 15th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

On Jun 15, 9:58 am, Scott en Aztlán > wrote:
> (Brent P) said in
> rec.autos.driving:
>
> >A driver ahead of me in the left lane of two is driving about 20mph under
> >the posted speed limit weaving left and right. I get in the right lane
> >and wait for the driver to weave left and punch it. I get up to the
> >posted speed limit and pass. I get pulled over and my papers run.

> >The more amusing ones are when I'm biking. I was pulled over for not
> >teetering on the edge of the paved surface. I was pulled over for yelling
> >'green light go!' when a driver sat still on a green signal.

> >Of course there were times I was pulled over simply because the officer
> >wanted to run my papers, where no event had occured and the cop did not
> >give a reason or clearly pulled one out of his ass.

> You know, I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I
> have been pulled over by a cop - and I've been driving for over 25
> years. The first few years of my driving career were spent in the
> Chicago area, yet I was only pulled over once while I lived there (got
> a justified speeding ticket when I was 17). Yet it sounds like you get
> pulled over for a "papers check" at least once a month.
>
> How do you account for this?
> --
> MFFYCam Videos Galohttp://www.geocities.com/mffycam/

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it was his choice of cars. I used
to get pulled over all the time in my old Scirocco, not once (knock on
wood) in the Porsche. I guess the Porsche looks more respectable
although in truth it's only four years newer.

nate

Old June 16th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
The Real Bev[_1_]

ricer1991 wrote:

> Last night i was driving and i got pulled over because the cop said i
> was going 3 miles over the limit of 55. I even got the ticket i am
> trying to post a picture on here i got 58mph in a 55mph. It is not like
> i was driving my tuner car i was driving my stock rusty dynoed at 125
> mph top speed chevrolet cavalier station wagon! well their is my story
> wheres yours.

A couple of cops spent half an hour looking over our van, MC trailer and
motorcycles looking for SOMETHING to cite. They ultimately settled for a
ticket for an illegible month sticker on our license plate, which we
replaced in Fresno, for free, in about 15 minutes and it wasn't even out of
our way.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 16th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Jun 16, 1:53 pm, Scott en Aztlán > wrote:

> I'm convinced it's more than just the car; it's the way you drive,
> where you drive, and/or how you look that attracts their attention.

Occam's Razor.
-----

- gpsman

Old June 17th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> N8N > said in rec.autos.driving:
>

>>If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it was his choice of cars. I used
>>to get pulled over all the time in my old Scirocco, not once (knock on
>>wood) in the Porsche. I guess the Porsche looks more respectable
>>although in truth it's only four years newer.

> I have driven Arrest-Me Red Mustangs (not sure what color Brent's
> Mustang was, but bright red is surely the worst color WRT attracting
> the attention of cops) in the wee hours of the morning. One cop came
> zooming up behind me (I was doing 60-something in a 60 MPH zone) but
> just whoosed on past at 90 MPH without giving me even a second glance.
> There was an instance where I was in one of my Cobra cobvertibles,
> with the top down, blasting some music; there was a cop in the next
> lane but he paid no attention to me, even though he probably could
> have hassled me about my loud music. Of course, it was the stock Ford
> Mach 460 stereo, not some ridiculous million-watt monstrosity with 20"
> woofers filling up the entire trunk space, so maybe it wasn't really
> all that loud (relatively speaking).
>
> OTOH, I have been warned to slow down a couple of times - once in my
> Mineral Grey Cobra, and once in my Safety Yellow Corvette. Both times
> I broke the unwritten "acceleration limit" - i.e. I was accelerating
> "too fast" even though I stopped accelerating before my velocity
> exceeded the speed limit.
>
> I'm convinced it's more than just the car; it's the way you drive,
> where you drive, and/or how you look that attracts their attention.

I don't get it, I'm still the same guy and I don't drive any
differently. I am convinced that it has to do with something about the
car, although I'm not sure what. Nothing else makes sense; I still live
in about the same area and while I drive on different roads I still
drive quite a bit, a lot of it in neighborhoods that I don't look like I
"belong" in (you have to go through the bad part of DC to get from where
I live to Annapolis)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.