South Dakota to impose total alcohol prohibition on anyone convicted of drunk driving.

Old March 1st 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default South Dakota to impose total alcohol prohibition on anyone convicted of drunk driving.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1630.asp

"South Dakota Mandates Daily Breathalyzer Testing
South Dakota to impose total alcohol prohibition on anyone convicted of
drunk driving.

Attorney General Larry LongThe South Dakota state legislature last week
approved a statewide program that imposes a complete alcohol prohibition
on those convicted of driving under the influence (DUI). The program,
entitled "24/7 Sobriety," would mandate alcohol testing at a local
sheriff's office once in the morning and again in the evening. State
Attorney General Larry Long promoted the idea which was unanimously
adopted in the Senate on Friday and the House on February 15."

<...>

--------------------------

Old March 1st 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Mike T.

"Brent P" > wrote in message
. ..
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1630.asp
>
> "South Dakota Mandates Daily Breathalyzer Testing
> South Dakota to impose total alcohol prohibition on anyone convicted of
> drunk driving.
>
> Attorney General Larry LongThe South Dakota state legislature last week
> approved a statewide program that imposes a complete alcohol prohibition
> on those convicted of driving under the influence (DUI). The program,
> entitled "24/7 Sobriety," would mandate alcohol testing at a local
> sheriff's office once in the morning and again in the evening. State
> Attorney General Larry Long promoted the idea which was unanimously
> adopted in the Senate on Friday and the House on February 15."

Holy ****, anybody see the problem with this idea? Before you get smart, I
don't drink, at all. Ever. But there are only a couple counties in that
whole state large enough to have a "local sheriff's office". Is there going
to be a line 5 miles long at those two offices every morning? Get through
the line many hours later, and then get back IN the line to do the afternoon
testing? Damn, someone really dropped the ball on this one. Talk about a
logistical nightmare. Wouldn't this fall under cruel and unusual punishment
by forcing DUIs to lose their job as they are constantly absent because they
are standing in line at the sheriff's office???????????????? -Dave

Old March 1st 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article ews.net>, Mike T. wrote:

>> Attorney General Larry LongThe South Dakota state legislature last week
>> approved a statewide program that imposes a complete alcohol prohibition
>> on those convicted of driving under the influence (DUI). The program,
>> entitled "24/7 Sobriety," would mandate alcohol testing at a local
>> sheriff's office once in the morning and again in the evening. State
>> Attorney General Larry Long promoted the idea which was unanimously
>> adopted in the Senate on Friday and the House on February 15."

> Holy ****, anybody see the problem with this idea?

I see many. But figured it best to prevent without comment.

> Before you get smart, I don't drink, at all. Ever.

Isn't it sad that instead of examinining the problems, people would just
accuse a person of being a drunk for objecting?

> But there are only a couple counties in that
> whole state large enough to have a "local sheriff's office". Is there going
> to be a line 5 miles long at those two offices every morning? Get through
> the line many hours later, and then get back IN the line to do the afternoon
> testing? Damn, someone really dropped the ball on this one. Talk about a
> logistical nightmare. Wouldn't this fall under cruel and unusual punishment
> by forcing DUIs to lose their job as they are constantly absent because they
> are standing in line at the sheriff's office???????????????? -Dave

That's the least of the problems... my initial comment was going to be a
remark such as: 'wait until they get around to trans-fats'

Old March 1st 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Mar 1, 11:38 am, (Brent P)
wrote:
> In article ews.net>, Mike T. wrote:
> >> Attorney General Larry LongThe South Dakota state legislature last week
> >> approved a statewide program that imposes a complete alcohol prohibition
> >> on those convicted of driving under the influence (DUI). The program,
> >> entitled "24/7 Sobriety," would mandate alcohol testing at a local
> >> sheriff's office once in the morning and again in the evening. State
> >> Attorney General Larry Long promoted the idea which was unanimously
> >> adopted in the Senate on Friday and the House on February 15."

> > Holy ****, anybody see the problem with this idea?

> I see many. But figured it best to prevent without comment.
>
> > Before you get smart, I don't drink, at all. Ever.

> Isn't it sad that instead of examinining the problems, people would just
> accuse a person of being a drunk for objecting?
>
> > But there are only a couple counties in that
> > whole state large enough to have a "local sheriff's office". Is there going
> > to be a line 5 miles long at those two offices every morning? Get through
> > the line many hours later, and then get back IN the line to do the afternoon
> > testing? Damn, someone really dropped the ball on this one. Talk about a
> > logistical nightmare. Wouldn't this fall under cruel and unusual punishment
> > by forcing DUIs to lose their job as they are constantly absent because they
> > are standing in line at the sheriff's office???????????????? -Dave

> That's the least of the problems... my initial comment was going to be a
> remark such as: 'wait until they get around to trans-fats'

If this pace keeps up, in a handful of years the US population will be
divided into two categories: government officials and inmates.

Old March 1st 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.true-crime,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

(Brent P) wrote in
:

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1630.asp

> "South Dakota Mandates Daily Breathalyzer Testing
> South Dakota to impose total alcohol prohibition on anyone convicted of
> drunk driving.
>
> Attorney General Larry LongThe South Dakota state legislature last week
> approved a statewide program that imposes a complete alcohol prohibition
> on those convicted of driving under the influence (DUI). The program,
> entitled "24/7 Sobriety," would mandate alcohol testing at a local
> sheriff's office once in the morning and again in the evening. State
> Attorney General Larry Long promoted the idea which was unanimously
> adopted in the Senate on Friday and the House on February 15."

This is OK but better yet would be to suspend their license and if caught
driving throw them in prison. I'm no coddler.
Old March 2nd 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article m>, MLOM wrote:

>> That's the least of the problems... my initial comment was going to be a
>> remark such as: 'wait until they get around to trans-fats'

> If this pace keeps up, in a handful of years the US population will be
> divided into two categories: government officials and inmates.

There are also the guards for the prison. But yes, that's where we are
headed unless things change rapidly.

Old March 2nd 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Old Wolf

On Mar 2, 6:38 am, (Brent P) wrote:
> That's the least of the problems... my initial comment was going to be a
> remark such as: 'wait until they get around to trans-fats'

That's completely different; driving drunk means you are a threat
to other peoples' lives; eating trans fats (according to the current
pop nutrition) makes you a threat only to yourself.

Old March 2nd 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article .com>, Old Wolf wrote:
> On Mar 2, 6:38 am, (Brent P) wrote:
>> That's the least of the problems... my initial comment was going to be a
>> remark such as: 'wait until they get around to trans-fats'

> That's completely different; driving drunk means you are a threat
> to other peoples' lives; eating trans fats (according to the current
> pop nutrition) makes you a threat only to yourself.

Read the article. They can't drink PERIOD. Even if locked up in their
home for a weekend.

Old March 2nd 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave[_15_]

"Old Wolf" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 2, 6:38 am, (Brent P) wrote:
> > That's the least of the problems... my initial comment was going to be a
> > remark such as: 'wait until they get around to trans-fats'

> That's completely different; driving drunk means you are a threat
> to other peoples' lives; eating trans fats (according to the current
> pop nutrition) makes you a threat only to yourself.

Not according to the Department of Transportation!!! If you ever have to
pass a DOT physical, you will understand it's not so far-fetched to think
that trans-fats are NEXT, after alcohol, testing twice daily. -Dave

Old March 2nd 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Dave said in
rec.autos.driving:

> "Old Wolf" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > On Mar 2, 6:38 am, (Brent P) wrote:
> > > That's the least of the problems... my initial comment was going to be a
> > > remark such as: 'wait until they get around to trans-fats'

> > That's completely different; driving drunk means you are a threat
> > to other peoples' lives; eating trans fats (according to the current
> > pop nutrition) makes you a threat only to yourself.
> >

> Not according to the Department of Transportation!!! If you ever have to
> pass a DOT physical, you will understand it's not so far-fetched to think
> that trans-fats are NEXT, after alcohol, testing twice daily. -Dave

I was listening to the radio last night (Jim Bohannon, IIRC) and they
were discussing some type of test that can detect if you are too tired
(something about certain enzymes in the mouth). Care to guess which way
that will be headed if such a test is possible (among the occupations
mentioned as subject to the test would be truck drivers)? SEIG HEIL!

--
"My tars have been bald for two years.
Every month i glue some sandpaper to them and

--Laura Buch murdered her boyfriend
/ laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE 10/25/05

Message ID:
http://tinyurl.com/7p7xq