new car vs own car

Old September 22nd 04, 01:13 PM

not mine

Old September 22nd 04, 03:06 PM
Oliver Costich

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 06:54:32 GMT, Sparky > wrote:

>MarcKyle64 wrote:
>
>>>what would have happened if youd told arkansas to blow a goat? is there
>>>a reciprocity agreement?
>>>

>> I'm sure that failure to pay on my part would have meant some sort of legal
>> hassle for me.

>Arkansas to Montana? Doubt it.

Arkansas would get a judgment against him which would put a real
damper on his credit rating.

Old September 22nd 04, 06:22 PM
Larry

Wait till you need to buy a car.....but also wait till you get to Oregon at
minimum, as Oregon has no sales tax.

om...

Old September 22nd 04, 09:03 PM
Pars

> you suck, caroline
>
> its amazing that in just 7 years, the mpg of civics dropped about 10
> mpg. mu 98 gets about 32 average. i always liked the way that particular
> generation of civics looked, too... low beltline, wedgy, lots of glass.

Hey Mike, You're still getting poor mileage on you 98 DX Hatch ??!?!

I'm getting about about 40mpg (about 650km per fill-up). The fact that
my 1.6L engine is always running throughtout the day (combo city/hwy)
and never gets a chance to cool down, does contributes to the above
average mileage.

Regarding the orginal post, A car that is over a decade old, is going to
have a very difficult time being broken in, for the winter. Most likely,
it'll just end up broken...

Pars
98 DX Hatch

Old September 22nd 04, 10:38 PM
SoCalMike

Pars wrote:

>>you suck, caroline
>>
>>its amazing that in just 7 years, the mpg of civics dropped about 10
>>mpg. mu 98 gets about 32 average. i always liked the way that particular
>>generation of civics looked, too... low beltline, wedgy, lots of glass.

> Hey Mike, You're still getting poor mileage on you 98 DX Hatch ??!?!

eh, i dont consider 32 "poor", considering its mostly short city trips.
i think i hit 38 on a trip to laughlin, and IIRC, its rated 32/38. its
also porkier than carolines car, and has a slightly bigger engine.

> I'm getting about about 40mpg (about 650km per fill-up). The fact that
> my 1.6L engine is always running throughtout the day (combo city/hwy)
> and never gets a chance to cool down, does contributes to the above
> average mileage.
>
> Regarding the orginal post, A car that is over a decade old, is going to
> have a very difficult time being broken in, for the winter. Most likely,
> it'll just end up broken...

aside from the O2 sensor, nothing broken in almost 7 years/47k miles.
damn thing better take me to 200k, if i want, or ill be disappointed in
honda

Old September 23rd 04, 08:26 PM
Pars

SoCalMike wrote:

> Pars wrote:
>
> >>you suck, caroline
> >>
> >>its amazing that in just 7 years, the mpg of civics dropped about 10
> >>mpg. mu 98 gets about 32 average. i always liked the way that particular
> >>generation of civics looked, too... low beltline, wedgy, lots of glass.

> > Hey Mike, You're still getting poor mileage on you 98 DX Hatch ??!?!

> eh, i dont consider 32 "poor", considering its mostly short city trips.
> i think i hit 38 on a trip to laughlin, and IIRC, its rated 32/38. its
> also porkier than carolines car, and has a slightly bigger engine.

True, 32mpg is good in worst case scenario.

That 1.5L Civic is great for around the town (good mileage), but tends
to run out of steam at
high speeds. Also, 1.5l doesn't give good fuel economy while cursing at
130km/hr (my average speed on the hwy).

> > I'm getting about about 40mpg (about 650km per fill-up). The fact that
> > my 1.6L engine is always running throughtout the day (combo city/hwy)
> > and never gets a chance to cool down, does contributes to the above
> > average mileage.
> >
> > Regarding the orginal post, A car that is over a decade old, is going to
> > have a very difficult time being broken in, for the winter. Most likely,
> > it'll just end up broken...

> aside from the O2 sensor, nothing broken in almost 7 years/47k miles.
> damn thing better take me to 200k, if i want, or ill be disappointed in
> honda

My 98 DX Hatch is packing 6.5 years/195,000km. At your rate, it'll take
another 21 years for your
car to get to 200k miles. Good luck with that...

later,
Pars