PING: DAD! question about c4 ecm problem

Old October 13th 15, 12:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
unclevito

Default PING: DAD! question about c4 ecm problem

On 9/16/2015 5:11 AM, wrote:
> I have a 1990 C4. base engine, 6 speed. All of a suddent it would
> start locking out my ignition as if it where reading my key chip as
> invalid. 5 minutes later it would reset and I could get it started
> agin. Suspected key switch but it always read good. Then it just shut
> down. No fuel pump, no turn over, nothing. Exaclty as anti theft would
> do but never reset. No codes from the ccm or ecm. Finally I changed
> out the ecm and bingo it started and ran fine. I did see to dark pins
> on one of the connectors. I cleaned them and hooked everything up and
> all was well, for about 2 weeks. This is not a dailey driver, but
> after approximatly 10 starts and stops it did it again. I had it towed
> home and again no codes and everything appeared fine. I replaced the
> ecm again and bang it started right back up. I am almost afraid to
> drive it now as I dont want to get starnded somewhere. I will probably
> buy a back up ecm so if it does ahppen again I can get home. I was
> just wondering if you might have an additional idea as to what to look
> for/check that may be a cause for this proble. I do have 107000 miles
> on it. I appreciate any help you can gie me.
> Thanks
> Ron

Go to
www.corvetteactioncenter.com and ask there.

Vito
Old October 14th 15, 02:09 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Thanks for the info. I have registered and will see if they can help!

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 04:41:39 -0700, unclevito
> wrote:

>On 9/16/2015 5:11 AM, wrote:
>> I have a 1990 C4. base engine, 6 speed. All of a suddent it would
>> start locking out my ignition as if it where reading my key chip as
>> invalid. 5 minutes later it would reset and I could get it started
>> agin. Suspected key switch but it always read good. Then it just shut
>> down. No fuel pump, no turn over, nothing. Exaclty as anti theft would
>> do but never reset. No codes from the ccm or ecm. Finally I changed
>> out the ecm and bingo it started and ran fine. I did see to dark pins
>> on one of the connectors. I cleaned them and hooked everything up and
>> all was well, for about 2 weeks. This is not a dailey driver, but
>> after approximatly 10 starts and stops it did it again. I had it towed
>> home and again no codes and everything appeared fine. I replaced the
>> ecm again and bang it started right back up. I am almost afraid to
>> drive it now as I dont want to get starnded somewhere. I will probably
>> buy a back up ecm so if it does ahppen again I can get home. I was
>> just wondering if you might have an additional idea as to what to look
>> for/check that may be a cause for this proble. I do have 107000 miles
>> on it. I appreciate any help you can gie me.
>> Thanks
>> Ron
>>

> Go to
www.corvetteactioncenter.com and ask there.

>Vito

PING: 2000 Caravan 3.0L V6 problem/question. Blondie Dodge 3 October 22nd 05 11:43 PM
update question on knock and ping Erik BMW 4 February 10th 05 04:52 AM
e36 Knock and ping question Erik BMW 1 February 3rd 05 02:48 AM
PING Gary.. TCC question Bret Chase 4x4 1 January 21st 05 08:04 PM