00 Jetta 2.0l automatic wont shift past 2nd gear after the altanatorovercharged the system

Old January 7th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default 00 Jetta 2.0l automatic wont shift past 2nd gear after the altanatorovercharged the system

On Dec 29 2007, 10:04 am, wrote:
> I have a 1999 VW Jetta that had a voltage regulator failure,

causing a
> high voltage output that I think affected the transmission shift
> solenoids. I say that because the transmission shifted fine before

the
> regulator failed. It's stuck in second gear and I can't get it to
> shift. Does anyone know which component in the transmission that

may
> have been damaged?

I scanned the computer on this 00 jetta 2.0 liter
and these are the codes that showed.
P0753A Shift Selonoid A Electrical
P0758D Shift Selonoid B Electrical
P0763D Shift Selonoid C Electrical
P0768D Shift Selonoid D Electrical
P0773 Shift Selonoid E Electrical
P0785 Shift Timing Selonoid Malfunction
P0748 Presure Control Selonoid A Electrical

Does anyone know what my problem could be? Do you think it is the
computer?