Little Deuce Coupe

Old July 24th 16, 04:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Little Deuce Coupe

I always thought they sung "big slip daddy" referring to the differential.
But looked up lyrics and it is "pink slip" so they raced for registration
papers of other car.
Funny how mis-heard lyrics fits better...
Old July 25th 16, 06:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 10:27:46 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> I always thought they sung "big slip daddy" referring to the differential.
> But looked up lyrics and it is "pink slip" so they raced for registration
> papers of other car.
> Funny how mis-heard lyrics fits better...

You are going to drive me to drinking if you don't stop driving that hot rod Lincoln......
Old July 25th 16, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 5:27:46 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> I always thought they sung "big slip daddy" referring to the differential.
> But looked up lyrics and it is "pink slip" so they raced for registration
> papers of other car.
> Funny how mis-heard lyrics fits better...

Only sissy racers will race for registration papers.
Old July 25th 16, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Sanity Clause

"JR" Scribble:

> You are going to drive me to drinking if you don't stop driving that hot rod Lincoln......

Hey, buddy! How can I get this car out of second gear?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enqNl7tdLR4

Old July 25th 16, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

dsi1 > wrote:
>On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 5:27:46 PM UTC-10, wrote:
>> I always thought they sung "big slip daddy" referring to the differential.
>> But looked up lyrics and it is "pink slip" so they raced for registration
>> papers of other car.
>> Funny how mis-heard lyrics fits better...

>Only sissy racers will race for registration papers.

I was told that a "pink slip daddy" was a dual-ratio differential, called
that because engaging it was an instant invitation for a speeding ticket.
--scott
Old July 25th 16, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
.[_2_]

On 7/25/2016 1:49 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> dsi1 > wrote:
>> On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 5:27:46 PM UTC-10, wrote:
>>> I always thought they sung "big slip daddy" referring to the differential.
>>> But looked up lyrics and it is "pink slip" so they raced for registration
>>> papers of other car.
>>> Funny how mis-heard lyrics fits better...

>> Only sissy racers will race for registration papers.

> I was told that a "pink slip daddy" was a dual-ratio differential, called
> that because engaging it was an instant invitation for a speeding ticket.
> --scott

You heard wrong. You must not have been of age in the 60's.
Old July 25th 16, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 8:49:44 AM UTC-10, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> dsi1 <dsi10ahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 5:27:46 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> >> I always thought they sung "big slip daddy" referring to the differential.
> >> But looked up lyrics and it is "pink slip" so they raced for registration
> >> papers of other car.
> >> Funny how mis-heard lyrics fits better...

> >Only sissy racers will race for registration papers.

> I was told that a "pink slip daddy" was a dual-ratio differential, called
> that because engaging it was an instant invitation for a speeding ticket.
> --scott

I've never seen a dual ratio rear end but it seems like a pretty good idea.
Old July 25th 16, 09:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
The Real Bev[_5_]

On 07/25/2016 11:22 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 5:27:46 PM UTC-10, wrote:
>> I always thought they sung "big slip daddy" referring to the differential.
>> But looked up lyrics and it is "pink slip" so they raced for registration
>> papers of other car.
>> Funny how mis-heard lyrics fits better...

> Only sissy racers will race for registration papers.

:-) To make it fair, the loser would have to pay the reg fee.

I think that out-of-towners don't know the difference.

--
Cheers, Bev
Is the Pope Catholic? Do bears **** in the woods?
Old July 25th 16, 11:17 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

You'll lose her in the turns!...
Old July 26th 16, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 10:57:57 AM UTC-10, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 07/25/2016 11:22 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 5:27:46 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> >> I always thought they sung "big slip daddy" referring to the differential.
> >> But looked up lyrics and it is "pink slip" so they raced for registration
> >> papers of other car.
> >> Funny how mis-heard lyrics fits better...

> > Only sissy racers will race for registration papers.

> :-) To make it fair, the loser would have to pay the reg fee.
>
> I think that out-of-towners don't know the difference.
>

> --
> Cheers, Bev
> Is the Pope Catholic? Do bears **** in the woods?
> Does Rose Kennedy have a black dress?

OK, now that makes sense! Guys with fast cars deserve a break.