Tech: weird starting problem 03 town car

Old October 26th 15, 12:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

Default Tech: weird starting problem 03 town car

If you lock, unlock, and lock the car it will start. Doesn't matter with or without remote.

Bad ignition switch maybe? This car does have auto lock when put in gear.

Thanks
Old October 26th 15, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Why I don't believe in remote start or
auto/power door locks or power windows.

I can crank my own windows and reach over
to lock/unlock any door that needs it.
Old October 26th 15, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 8:27:19 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> Why I don't believe in remote start or
> auto/power door locks or power windows.
>

> I can crank my own windows and reach over
> to lock/unlock any door that needs it.

My 1983 Dodge van has front left and right doors power windows and power door locks. On the drivers side door, the key won't lock and unlock that door.. I think the solenoid inside the door is worn out. I reckon I will disconnect one of the pull/push rods so my key will lock and unlock that door. I don't like power windows and power door locks. Low Tech is best. Google,,, zengardner.com Why Low Tech Living Is Back
Old October 26th 15, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bill Vanek[_2_]

On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 17:13:28 -0700 (PDT), m6onz5a
> wrote:

>If you lock, unlock, and lock the car it will start. Doesn't matter with or without remote.
>
>Bad ignition switch maybe? This car does have auto lock when put in gear.
>
>Thanks

Sounds a bit like a theft deterrent/alarm problem. Does it have a
factory alarm system? An aftermarket one?
Old October 26th 15, 11:42 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

m6onz5a wrote:
> If you lock, unlock, and lock the car it will start. Doesn't matter
> with or without remote.
>
> Bad ignition switch maybe? This car does have auto lock when put in
> gear.
>
> Thanks

More like an anti theft problem. Or the BCM is starting to have issues
with a signal feed from a door switch.

--
Steve W.
Old October 26th 15, 02:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

Pats factory alarm.
Old October 26th 15, 04:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

Just found its an aftermarket alarm that was hacked into place.

Old October 26th 15, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

Removed aftermarket alarm and all is good.

Someone half assed installed the alarm. Bare wires everywhere.

Thanks everyone
Old October 26th 15, 08:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bill Vanek[_2_]

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:58:53 -0700 (PDT), m6onz5a
> wrote:

>Removed aftermarket alarm and all is good.
>
>Someone half assed installed the alarm. Bare wires everywhere.
>
>Thanks everyone

Thanks for letting us know what it was.
Old October 26th 15, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Bill Vanek wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:58:53 -0700 (PDT), m6onz5a
> > wrote:
>
>> Removed aftermarket alarm and all is good.
>>
>> Someone half assed installed the alarm. Bare wires everywhere.
>>
>> Thanks everyone

> Thanks for letting us know what it was.

Yeah that is something we are not used to.

--
Steve W.