'99 workshop manual for $55

Old July 30th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
johnny p.

Default '99 workshop manual for $55

Hey, I just got the official Mazda workshop manual for my '99 from Med
Center Mazda:

http://www.mazdaparts.org/shopmanuals.html

on sale for $55.00. Not a bad price compared to $100+ like I've seen
before, and I got free shipping by spending over $100 (I also got plugs
and wires and a fuel filter.)

I should have got brake pads too. When I changed the plugs this weekend
I also rotated the tires, and while the wheels were off I noticed my
brake pads are getting pretty thin. Anybody got tips on how to spread
apart the calipers on a Miata? Whenever I've replaced brake pads before
that was always the trickiest part.

The old plugs looked pretty good, considering that I've put 57,000 miles
on the car since I bought it used and I never changed them before. I
was pretty nervous about messing up that aluminum head so I bought a
torque wrench and actually torqued them to spec instead of just leaning
into the ratchet like I used to on cars with steel cylinder heads.

yrs jp
Old July 30th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Don Bruder

In article >,
"johnny p." > wrote:

> Hey, I just got the official Mazda workshop manual for my '99 from Med
> Center Mazda:
>
> http://www.mazdaparts.org/shopmanuals.html
>
> on sale for $55.00. Not a bad price compared to $100+ like I've seen
> before, and I got free shipping by spending over $100 (I also got plugs
> and wires and a fuel filter.)
>
> I should have got brake pads too. When I changed the plugs this weekend
> I also rotated the tires, and while the wheels were off I noticed my
> brake pads are getting pretty thin. Anybody got tips on how to spread
> apart the calipers on a Miata? Whenever I've replaced brake pads before
> that was always the trickiest part.

Don't think in terms of "spread 'em apart" - Think in terms of "mash the
piston back into the cylinder". Same end result, but the mechanism is a
whole bunch simpler to implement and requires much less effort.

ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd> for more info
Old July 31st 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"Don Bruder" > wrote

See http://www.miata.net/garage/brakepad.html
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old August 4th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

$55 is a great price! I never could even find them used for that cheap! Keep
in mind the small book (the $55 version) is very small print and if your
vision is like mine (not the greatest), it's a bit frustrating. The workshop
manual IMHO is not nearly as user friendly as the Haynes / Chilton's type of
manuals. There's more of a wealth of info but it's not at all what I call
used friendly.

Chris
99BBB

"johnny p." > wrote in message
> Hey, I just got the official Mazda workshop manual for my '99 from Med
> Center Mazda:
>
> http://www.mazdaparts.org/shopmanuals.html
>
> on sale for $55.00. Not a bad price compared to $100+ like I've seen
> before, and I got free shipping by spending over $100 (I also got plugs
> and wires and a fuel filter.)
>
> I should have got brake pads too. When I changed the plugs this weekend
> I also rotated the tires, and while the wheels were off I noticed my
> brake pads are getting pretty thin. Anybody got tips on how to spread
> apart the calipers on a Miata? Whenever I've replaced brake pads before
> that was always the trickiest part.
>
> The old plugs looked pretty good, considering that I've put 57,000 miles
> on the car since I bought it used and I never changed them before. I
> was pretty nervous about messing up that aluminum head so I bought a
> torque wrench and actually torqued them to spec instead of just leaning
> into the ratchet like I used to on cars with steel cylinder heads.
>
> yrs jp

workshop manual for Mk 2.5 1.8iS Robert Boswell Mazda 2 July 8th 06 10:03 AM
164 workshop manual Alfa Romeo 1 June 2nd 06 07:44 PM
164 workshop manual Alfa Romeo 0 May 28th 06 07:34 PM
156 workshop manual Martin N Alfa Romeo 1 February 14th 05 05:50 PM
Workshop Manual 147 Martin N Alfa Romeo 2 February 14th 05 05:48 PM