Build date by #VIN

Old October 8th 05, 11:44 PM
lib

Default Build date by #VIN

I've been able to decode my 1963 roadster's VIN upto the S (St.Louis). The
remaining numbers are 114229. Would someone with the magic decoder book (or
a link to that info) please tell me what date those numbers represent? I've
looked on line with no luck so far for the last 6 digits. Thanx- Lib

Old October 9th 05, 02:14 AM
Bob G

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 15:44:07 -0700, "lib" >
wrote:

>I've been able to decode my 1963 roadster's VIN upto the S (St.Louis). The
>remaining numbers are 114229. Would someone with the magic decoder book (or
>a link to that info) please tell me what date those numbers represent? I've
>looked on line with no luck so far for the last 6 digits. Thanx- Lib

================

Vn 14128 was the last 63 made in April of 63

Vin 16409 was the last 63 made in May of 63

Looks like your car was the 101st car produced in May of 63

without looking at the actual number of days the plant was in
production in May 63...

and they made 2281 cars assuming a 7 day week (not a sure thing)

My bet is that your car was made in the middle of the day on the
second production day of May 1963

Hope this Helps....

Bob G.
Old October 9th 05, 09:42 PM
RicSeyler

LOLOL
BUT was it sunny outside or overcast?? Hummm Hummm??? ;-)

Bob G wrote:

>On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 15:44:07 -0700, "lib" >
>wrote:
>

>>I've been able to decode my 1963 roadster's VIN upto the S (St.Louis). The
>>remaining numbers are 114229. Would someone with the magic decoder book (or
>>a link to that info) please tell me what date those numbers represent? I've
>>looked on line with no luck so far for the last 6 digits. Thanx- Lib
>>

>================
>

>Vn 14128 was the last 63 made in April of 63
>
>Vin 16409 was the last 63 made in May of 63
>
>Looks like your car was the 101st car produced in May of 63
>

>without looking at the actual number of days the plant was in
>production in May 63...
>
>and they made 2281 cars assuming a 7 day week (not a sure thing)
>
>My bet is that your car was made in the middle of the day on the
>second production day of May 1963
>
>Hope this Helps....

I'd say that's bout all the help you could ever hope for!! :-)

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Chrysler decides not to build any new plants in U.S., Canada, and Mexico L.W.(ßill) Hughes III Jeep 6 August 19th 05 04:40 AM
Don't buy Dodge justme Dodge 10 July 13th 05 06:40 AM
Any word on sale date for Mustang GT500 Shelby Cobra? [email protected] Ford Mustang 6 May 6th 05 07:43 PM
MEXICAN TRUCK DRIVERS L00K OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Moderate Mammal Driving 19 February 21st 05 02:32 AM
GT4 release date would appear to be 2/23 V \fnugen\ Simulators 1 February 17th 05 01:47 PM