Anti-theft horn 1980 C3

Old February 10th 06, 06:30 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Anti-theft horn 1980 C3

Can anyone tell me were the anti-theft horn is at and how to deactivate the system until I find the problem? I went to open my car door today and the alarm kept going off and the only way to stop the horn from waking the neighbors was to disconnect the battery. I have disconnected two horns up front but still a horn is going off. Can someone help?

--
BART FITZPATRICK
Old February 10th 06, 07:35 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

In article <tpWGf.16123$ZA5.3646@fed1read05>,
"BART FITZPATRICK" > wrote:

> Can anyone tell me were the anti-theft horn is at and how to deactivate the
> system until I find the problem? I went to open my car door today and the
> alarm kept going off and the only way to stop the horn from waking the
> neighbors was to disconnect the battery. I have disconnected two horns up
> front but still a horn is going off. Can someone help?

I believe I know where it is, but your post raised my suspicion level to
"Elevated"... so I ain't gonna tell you.

There is, of course, a way to turn off the alarm system without
unhooking the wiring - perhaps a quick glance at the owner's manual will
help. You only need to open the door for 30 seconds or so to retrieve it.

If you truly own this car, I would think you should be able to easily
locate the horn from where the sound is coming from. Try opening the
door again and then put one of your ears to the body and move around the
car until the sound gets really loud. Then, crawl underneath with a
flashlight and take a look around.

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen
___

'67BB & '72BB

-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is
original posting --
___

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
-- Ann Hayman Zwinger
Old February 10th 06, 11:30 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

take the drivers side panel off the shifter/emergency console, there is a relay just ahead of the shifter, pull the plug. If you only remove the horn wire, the horn is on the firewall behind the washer bottle on the drivers side, the horn circuit will kill your battery in a few days.

Old February 10th 06, 03:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Barking Rats" > wrote in message
> In article <tpWGf.16123$ZA5.3646@fed1read05>,
> There is, of course, a way to turn off the alarm system without
> unhooking the wiring - perhaps a quick glance at the owner's manual will
> help. You only need to open the door for 30 seconds or so to retrieve it.

ROFL. I have yet to buy an old Corvette that had its owner's manual. I
bought manuals for several of them, but even then, I didn't keep them in the
glove box/storage box.

Old February 10th 06, 05:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

In article .net>,
"Tom in Missouri" > wrote:

> ROFL. I have yet to buy an old Corvette that had its owner's manual. I
> bought manuals for several of them, but even then, I didn't keep them in the
> glove box/storage box.

Yeah, of the three Corvettes I've owned, only one, my '67, came with the
original owner's manual in the folder envelope plus Protecto-plate!
Might have even gotten a radio card, tho it's been years since I pulled
the hermetically sealed documents out of the safe to refresh my memory.

As you know, it's certainly not difficult to get reprinted manuals.

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen
___

Old February 10th 06, 06:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

yeah, what if he really is a car jacker ?

Anti Theft Problem RC Technology 4 November 14th 05 02:45 PM
anti theft codes for radio Bruce Johnson Honda 5 November 13th 05 03:52 AM
Where's the horn ?? 94JeepMan Jeep 3 July 13th 05 04:14 AM
99 Honda Odyssey Radio - Anti Theft jchav Honda 1 May 24th 05 06:34 PM
Horn malfunction private Saturn 7 February 16th 05 04:12 PM