Any 300K miles engine around? Need real data...

Old March 27th 20, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Any 300K miles engine around? Need real data...

On Saturday, December 12, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, USER wrote:
> Given the fact that you don't have a lemon (i.e. Ford Windstar and alike),
> it is easier than you think to get a very high mileage car.
>
> What will differ is the amount of money to get it there.
>
> I would trust an Honda Accord, but my experience is that I wouldn't trust an
> Audi (I have laid down 7000$ before 100000 miles!)
>
> With a good car, about worst that can appear is an engine overhaul. Don't
> let the car rust, too.

I know this is old but I laughed when you said Windstar. Here in New York they lucky to made it to 110k before they no good but looking pretty. I drive by them sitting quite a bit,... in my not so pretty looking great running 03 Winstar that is just about to hit 275,000 mile. original motor and transmission. Lower intake gasket replaced once. Oh,... And a tree fell on it 3 years ago and couldn't give it the fate it should of had many years ago. Like this one but would never want another one or the Freestar. Nothing but horror stories. Must be cuz I do my own work. All I got.