tow bar electrics

Old March 8th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default tow bar electrics

Hi,

How easy/difficult is it to wire up the two bar electrics on my Cherokee
Jeep, 1997?
And does anyone have a preferred type of tow bar to fit?

Thnaks a lot in advance.

Derek

Old March 8th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Could you explain a little more about this 'tow bar'?

Are you towing something with it or are you putting it on the front to
tow the Cherokee?

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old March 8th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

It's just to tow a trailer. From the rear of the vehicle.

Tks

Derek

Old March 8th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

You can get cheap universal kits that crimp onto the existing wires to
make the hitch plug, but the best is the harness adapter from the
$tealer. The crimp kits fail down the road and cause troubles usually.

You can buy remote magnetic lights to plug in from hitch to the towed
vehicle. I have seen replacement bulbs for the rear lights that come
with 20" of wire so they can plug into the hitch plug too.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old March 8th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

http://www.accessconnect.com/trailerwiring.htm
http://www.etrailer.com/faq/wiring.asp
http://www.jeepworld.com/accessories...e/trailerh.htm
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 8th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

One question you want to ask yourself: Does this trailer have brakes? If
it is a simple two wheel trailer, or a U-Haul type trailer with surge type
brakes, then things are "fairly" simple. If the trailer will have electric
brakes, then wiring is a little more elaborate, with an electric brake
controller to worry about. If it is a full blown camping trailer, with a
host of lights and other appliances, then we may be talking about an
auxiliary battery with an isolation switch, a land line converter, etc. It
all depends on what your requirements are. The more of the story you can
tell up front, the more we can tell you about how difficult it is going to
be.

Earle

Tow Bar Electrics Peugeot 406 Audi 1 February 17th 06 02:20 PM
Strange electrics on GTV lanky Alfa Romeo 2 December 23rd 05 11:46 AM
Strange electrics on GTV lanky Alfa Romeo 0 December 20th 05 09:07 PM
E39 dash electrics Jay BMW 8 November 4th 04 09:58 AM
156 - quirky electrics Dave Savage Alfa Romeo 1 October 21st 04 05:18 PM