MOT Failure Figures

Old January 13th 10, 10:13 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

Default MOT Failure Figures

Looking very briefly at the figures, it seems that Alfas generally
passed more MOTs with the progressively newer models.
Yippeeee..progress! (for whatever reasons).

Get your sleeping pills (spreadsheet) he

I nearly coughed my tea over the monitor when I saw that there was one
attempt to get an Arna through an MOT in '85 and..it failed! So it's
got a 100% failure rate with no passes. What an utterly fabulous do.

Some interesting figures in there for saddos like me..

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)
Old January 13th 10, 10:28 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Zathras > wrote:

> I nearly coughed my tea over the monitor when I saw that there was one
> attempt to get an Arna through an MOT in '85 and..it failed! So it's
> got a 100% failure rate with no passes. What an utterly fabulous do.

Thought that was a 1985 Arna tested in 2007?

Myself and Catman have probably seen that one in the flesh, too.

One thing that did stand out was nil failures for 'body and
construction' for the SZ - I know they're a composite shell, but the
chassis is still metal.
--
SteveH
Old January 13th 10, 10:54 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Zathras > wrote:

> >One thing that did stand out was nil failures for 'body and
> >construction' for the SZ - I know they're a composite shell, but the
> >chassis is still metal.

> ..maybe good metal? Were they galvanised?

I assume they were - as they're adapted from a 75 floor.

But we all know that (eventually) 75s will need a bit of TLC to the
chassis.
--
SteveH
Old January 14th 10, 06:27 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Zathras > wrote:
>
>> I nearly coughed my tea over the monitor when I saw that there was one
>> attempt to get an Arna through an MOT in '85 and..it failed! So it's
>> got a 100% failure rate with no passes. What an utterly fabulous do.

> Thought that was a 1985 Arna tested in 2007?
>
> Myself and Catman have probably seen that one in the flesh, too.
>
> One thing that did stand out was nil failures for 'body and
> construction' for the SZ - I know they're a composite shell, but the
> chassis is still metal.

Perhaps the glue holding the panels on started to peel?

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old January 14th 10, 02:17 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Zathras wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 06:35:25 +0000, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> Zathras wrote:

>>> Maybe, I haven't sussed out all the figures yet..some seem odd.
>>>

>> Looks reasonably easy to me:

> Yeah yeah.. ;-)
>
>> These are the figures for cars tested in 2007, with the year of first
>> use listed.
>>
>> It looks like 2 90s were tested, and they both failed first time.
>>
>> Unless there are any others hidden away, looks like there are a total of
>> 9 116 Giuliettas left. I doubt they are worth anything due to rarity
>> either

> The sheer rarety value would make me feel warm inside! It even did on
> the 156 and when I met another identical spec one in Fife, the owner
> was ecstatic.

Heh.

I should really go and make sure that the Giulietta and Sprint are OK I
suppose But it's sort of worrying that they might not be IYSWIM.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

congratulations to who ever figures this out! Carjunky Saturn 3 March 21st 07 11:11 PM
That figures Mike T. Driving 2 June 11th 06 09:18 PM
GT500 Price and production figures Nicholas Anthony Ford Mustang 0 June 5th 06 08:04 PM
auto lease / why different figures [email protected] General 0 April 19th 05 12:35 AM
New Z06 HP figures? David Algie Corvette 8 February 16th 05 02:46 AM