Needs a respray and a radiator

Old January 11th 10, 03:33 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_12_]

Default Needs a respray and a radiator

Also has a dodgy ownership history and needs new tyres. Not mine, was just
browsing...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/alfa-166-super...item27ae69cc36

GT

Old January 11th 10, 06:50 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

GT > wrote:

> Also has a dodgy ownership history and needs new tyres. Not mine, was just
> browsing...
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/alfa-166-super...-repair-has-mo
> t_W0QQitemZ170429893686QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobi les_UK?hash=item27ae69cc
> 36

Seems a tad pricey, considering it was due a cambelt change about 4
years ago....

--
SteveH
Old January 11th 10, 07:01 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> GT > wrote:
>
>> Also has a dodgy ownership history and needs new tyres. Not mine, was just
>> browsing...
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/alfa-166-super...-repair-has-mo
>> t_W0QQitemZ170429893686QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobi les_UK?hash=item27ae69cc
>> 36

> Seems a tad pricey, considering it was due a cambelt change about 4
> years ago....

£800 for a V6? I'd have it. Although it's dodgy as **** if you read the
rest of it.
<quote>
i checked with alfa still in his name as he was first owner and i
couldnt insure it so kept it im his name
</quote>
!!!

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old January 11th 10, 07:07 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Catman > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
> > GT > wrote:
> >
> >> Also has a dodgy ownership history and needs new tyres. Not mine, was just
> >> browsing...
> >>
> >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/alfa-166-super...-repair-has-mo
> >> t_W0QQitemZ170429893686QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobi les_UK?hash=item27ae69cc
> >> 36

> > Seems a tad pricey, considering it was due a cambelt change about 4
> > years ago....
> >

> £800 for a V6? I'd have it. Although it's dodgy as **** if you read the
> rest of it.
> <quote>
> i checked with alfa still in his name as he was first owner and i
> couldnt insure it so kept it im his name
> </quote>
> !!!

It's an early 166 with little history, dodgy paint and needing a 500+
quid service, assuming you find nothing wrong with it aside from needing
a service.

Then there's the cost of a radiator, again, if that's all it needs....

You can buy one with history and full MOT for not a lot over £1k, that
one has the potential to cost you £1300 just for the car and a belt
change service.

A whole heap of expensive trouble, there.
--
SteveH
Old January 11th 10, 07:09 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Emerson

"SteveH" > wrote in message
.. .

> A whole heap of expensive trouble, there.

Check the numberplate, it's JuNK.

--
Dave
ex Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop

Old January 11th 10, 07:30 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> SteveH wrote:

>>> Seems a tad pricey, considering it was due a cambelt change about 4
>>> years ago....
>>>

>> £800 for a V6? I'd have it. Although it's dodgy as **** if you read the
>> rest of it.
>> <quote>
>> i checked with alfa still in his name as he was first owner and i
>> couldnt insure it so kept it im his name
>> </quote>
>> !!!

> It's an early 166 with little history, dodgy paint and needing a 500+
> quid service, assuming you find nothing wrong with it aside from needing
> a service.
>
> Then there's the cost of a radiator, again, if that's all it needs....

Yeah, spose.
Fair point

> You can buy one with history and full MOT for not a lot over £1k, that
> one has the potential to cost you £1300 just for the car and a belt
> change service.

I don't recall seeing many of them last time we were looking, at that
price point. But you're probably right. It's your anorak

Old January 11th 10, 07:38 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Catman > wrote:

> > You can buy one with history and full MOT for not a lot over £1k, that
> > one has the potential to cost you £1300 just for the car and a belt
> > change service.

> I don't recall seeing many of them last time we were looking, at that
> price point. But you're probably right. It's your anorak

There aren't many out there - but one sold on PH for £1245 ono recently
and there's one on Autotrader at around the same price, too.

I'd love to pick up a cheap TSpark myself.
--
SteveH
Old January 11th 10, 08:24 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>>> You can buy one with history and full MOT for not a lot over £1k, that
>>> one has the potential to cost you £1300 just for the car and a belt
>>> change service.

>> I don't recall seeing many of them last time we were looking, at that
>> price point. But you're probably right. It's your anorak

> There aren't many out there - but one sold on PH for £1245 ono recently
> and there's one on Autotrader at around the same price, too.
>
> I'd love to pick up a cheap TSpark myself.

*Way* too slow IMHO

Old January 12th 10, 10:47 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:01:54 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

>£800 for a V6? I'd have it. Although it's dodgy as **** if you read the
>rest of it.
><quote>
> i checked with alfa still in his name as he was first owner and i
>couldnt insure it so kept it im his name
></quote>
>!!!

Call me an old duffer but I always feel that too little anti-freeze
(in this case probably none) in the engine isn't really a very good
thing. How's that going to work well and reliably with rust coursing
through its veins?

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)
Old January 12th 10, 11:49 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Zathras wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:01:54 +0000, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> £800 for a V6? I'd have it. Although it's dodgy as **** if you read the
>> rest of it.
>> <quote>
>> i checked with alfa still in his name as he was first owner and i
>> couldnt insure it so kept it im his name
>> </quote>
>> !!!

> Call me an old duffer but I always feel that too little anti-freeze
> (in this case probably none) in the engine isn't really a very good
> thing. How's that going to work well and reliably with rust coursing
> through its veins?

Yeah yeah. Everyone's a critic

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Radiator and the A/C 93 SW2 [email protected] Saturn 2 April 10th 08 06:19 AM
car respray? FairKop BMW 9 August 1st 07 04:57 PM
Radiator Cap [email protected] Honda 5 May 18th 05 09:02 PM
body repair and respray for an alfa spider in SE UK hhatza Alfa Romeo 9 August 18th 04 10:09 PM