I guess times ARE tough

Old September 13th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_3_]

Default I guess times ARE tough

http://tucson.craigslist.org/ctd/839071966.html

Blowing out new Shelby Mustangs!

Al

Old September 14th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Big Al wrote:
> http://tucson.craigslist.org/ctd/839071966.html
>
> Blowing out new Shelby Mustangs!

I wonder what the price is on them. That fact they didn't put it in the
ad makes me think this is a gimmick to get people in the dealership.
Old September 14th 08, 05:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Gee... that's the same ad the rest of us read.... Like Michael said... I
wonder what the PRICE is on them.

They can play with numbers all they want.... what some of us would like to
know is how much cash do we need to take out of our jeans.... How much do we
write the cheque for? I don't care about mark ups and discounts..... What is
the bottom line?

Old September 14th 08, 06:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gill

Michael Johnson wrote:
> Big Al wrote:
>> http://tucson.craigslist.org/ctd/839071966.html
>>
>> Blowing out new Shelby Mustangs!

> I wonder what the price is on them. That fact they didn't put it in the
> ad makes me think this is a gimmick to get people in the dealership.

The GT's have an X-Pipe, some suspension upgrades and "Shelby"
plates....ooooooh
Last years went for over 35K, according to this from about.com

Pricing
In 2008, Ford predicts that only 2,300 2008 Shelby GT coupes and
convertibles will be built. This low production number means that most
pricing figures will mean little to nothing. As often goes, the new 2008
Shelby GT will most likely go to the highest bidder. Last year’s model
began around the $35,000 mark. If you can still get your hands on one,
after reading this, expect to pay top dollar for this piece of Mustang
history.

It's about whatever they can get from some sucker.

--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces
Old September 14th 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John C.

"Gill" > wrote in message
. ..
> Michael Johnson wrote:
> > Big Al wrote:
> >> http://tucson.craigslist.org/ctd/839071966.html
> >>
> >> Blowing out new Shelby Mustangs!

> > I wonder what the price is on them. That fact they didn't put it

in the
> > ad makes me think this is a gimmick to get people in the

dealership.

> The GT's have an X-Pipe, some suspension upgrades and "Shelby"
> plates....ooooooh
> Last years went for over 35K, according to this from about.com
>
> Pricing
> In 2008, Ford predicts that only 2,300 2008 Shelby GT coupes and
> convertibles will be built. This low production number means that

most
> pricing figures will mean little to nothing. As often goes, the new

2008
> Shelby GT will most likely go to the highest bidder. Last year’s

model
> began around the $35,000 mark. If you can still get your hands on

one,
> after reading this, expect to pay top dollar for this piece of

Mustang
> history.
>
> It's about whatever they can get from some sucker.

That sums it up nicely.

IMO The Shelby GT is undoubtedly THE most overpriced Mustang that Ford
has marketed. There is nothing really special about the hardware, you
get the privilege of having a mildly modified Mustang GT with "Shelby"
emblems for a mere $15k extra. Sweeeet.

The strangest thing I ever saw was the 2 flavors of Shelby parked on a
lot, side-by-side. The price difference was under $3000. There's
something very wrong there.
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Conv.

Old September 14th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

Gill wrote:
> Michael Johnson wrote:
>> Big Al wrote:
>>> http://tucson.craigslist.org/ctd/839071966.html
>>>
>>> Blowing out new Shelby Mustangs!

>> I wonder what the price is on them. That fact they didn't put it
>> in the ad makes me think this is a gimmick to get people in the
>> dealership.

> The GT's have an X-Pipe, some suspension upgrades and "Shelby"
> plates....ooooooh
> Last years went for over 35K, according to this from about.com
>
> Pricing
> In 2008, Ford predicts that only 2,300 2008 Shelby GT coupes and
> convertibles will be built. This low production number means that
> most pricing figures will mean little to nothing. As often goes,
> the new 2008 Shelby GT will most likely go to the highest bidder.
> Last year’s model began around the $35,000 mark. If you can still
> get your hands on one, after reading this, expect to pay top dollar
> for this piece of Mustang history.
>
> It's about whatever they can get from some sucker.

The suckers aren't biting as much recently, or have become more
educated. I was shopping at a San Diego dealer, and on the way to see
a car I was interested in the salesman pointed out two Shelby GTs. One
was a 2007 model. You could probably get it for less than a 2008
Mustang GT, by now, if you were more stubborn than the dealer. And
then what have you got? An expensive Cobra emblem and a chance,
somewhere down the road, to try being more stubborn than an uneducated
sucker.

Earlier that day I had test-driven a 2008 GT500 that would have gone
off the lot for $42.5K. Wrong color, though.

I think the "price on them" mentioned above starts at sticker, which I
believe is $45 to $51K depending on model and extras. Add and subtract
your $10K ups and $7K downs, and you are in the neighborhood of my
wrong-color experience. I've never been very good at maths,
especially car-price maths.

--
Frank ess

Old September 14th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_3_]

"Big Al" > wrote in message
> http://tucson.craigslist.org/ctd/839071966.html
>
> Blowing out new Shelby Mustangs!
>
> Al

Click this:

http://www.oracleford.com/new-invent...seHistory=true

Then see if they will actually quote a price.

Al

Old September 15th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Frank ess wrote:

> Gill wrote:
>> Michael Johnson wrote:

>>> I wonder what the price is on them. That fact they didn't put it
>>> in the ad makes me think this is a gimmick to get people in the
>>> dealership.

>> The GT's have an X-Pipe, some suspension upgrades and "Shelby"
>> plates....ooooooh
>> Last years went for over 35K, according to this from about.com
>>
>> Pricing
>> In 2008, Ford predicts that only 2,300 2008 Shelby GT coupes and
>> convertibles will be built. This low production number means that
>> most pricing figures will mean little to nothing. As often goes,
>> the new 2008 Shelby GT will most likely go to the highest bidder.
>> Last year’s model began around the $35,000 mark. If you can still
>> get your hands on one, after reading this, expect to pay top dollar
>> for this piece of Mustang history.
>>
>> It's about whatever they can get from some sucker.

> The suckers aren't biting as much recently, or have become more
> educated. I was shopping at a San Diego dealer, and on the way to see a
> car I was interested in the salesman pointed out two Shelby GTs. One was
> a 2007 model. You could probably get it for less than a 2008 Mustang GT,
> by now, if you were more stubborn than the dealer. And then what have
> you got? An expensive Cobra emblem and a chance, somewhere down the
> road, to try being more stubborn than an uneducated sucker.
>
> Earlier that day I had test-driven a 2008 GT500 that would have gone off
> the lot for $42.5K. Wrong color, though.
>
> I think the "price on them" mentioned above starts at sticker, which I
> believe is $45 to $51K depending on model and extras. Add and subtract
> your $10K ups and $7K downs, and you are in the neighborhood of my
> wrong-color experience. I've never been very good at maths, especially
> car-price maths.

I took a shortcut through a Ford dealer today and couldn't believe my
eyes. The dealership was closed and they had an "Eleanor" grey GT500
sitting all by itself in the front parking lot. I have never seen one
sitting outside like that before today.
Old September 15th 08, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gill

Michael Johnson wrote:
> Frank ess wrote:
>>

>> Gill wrote:

>>> The GT's have an X-Pipe, some suspension upgrades and "Shelby"
>>> plates....ooooooh
>>> Last years went for over 35K, according to this from about.com
>>>
>>> Pricing
>>> In 2008, Ford predicts that only 2,300 2008 Shelby GT coupes and
>>> convertibles will be built. This low production number means that
>>> most pricing figures will mean little to nothing. As often goes,
>>> the new 2008 Shelby GT will most likely go to the highest bidder.
>>> Last year’s model began around the $35,000 mark. If you can still
>>> get your hands on one, after reading this, expect to pay top dollar
>>> for this piece of Mustang history.
>>>
>>> It's about whatever they can get from some sucker.

>> The suckers aren't biting as much recently, or have become more
>> educated. I was shopping at a San Diego dealer, and on the way to see
>> a car I was interested in the salesman pointed out two Shelby GTs. One
>> was a 2007 model. You could probably get it for less than a 2008
>> Mustang GT, by now, if you were more stubborn than the dealer. And
>> then what have you got? An expensive Cobra emblem and a chance,
>> somewhere down the road, to try being more stubborn than an uneducated
>> sucker.
>>
>> Earlier that day I had test-driven a 2008 GT500 that would have gone
>> off the lot for $42.5K. Wrong color, though.
>>
>> I think the "price on them" mentioned above starts at sticker, which I
>> believe is $45 to $51K depending on model and extras. Add and subtract
>> your $10K ups and $7K downs, and you are in the neighborhood of my
>> wrong-color experience. I've never been very good at maths,
>> especially car-price maths.

> I took a shortcut through a Ford dealer today and couldn't believe my
> eyes. The dealership was closed and they had an "Eleanor" grey GT500
> sitting all by itself in the front parking lot. I have never seen one
> sitting outside like that before today.

Makes me think of the days when as a kid I would see Dodge Daytonas and
Plymouth Superbirds in the back parking lots just collecting dust.
Speaking of Dodge, I've seen two new Challengers around town and a
friend saw another, all were different colors. I walked up to one and
two things I noticed were, the hood looked like carbon fiber, and the
big ass 20 inch wheels. Not sure if the carbon fiber was a stick-on or
if it was real.
I'm in kind of a "smallish" area, so it kind of surprises me to see
these cars, or at least three of them clustered around here.

--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces
Old September 16th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_114_]

Gill > wrote in
:

> Michael Johnson wrote:
>> Frank ess wrote:

>>> The suckers aren't biting as much recently, or have become more
>>> educated. I was shopping at a San Diego dealer, and on the way to

see
>>> a car I was interested in the salesman pointed out two Shelby GTs.

One
>>> was a 2007 model. You could probably get it for less than a 2008
>>> Mustang GT, by now, if you were more stubborn than the dealer. And
>>> then what have you got? An expensive Cobra emblem and a chance,
>>> somewhere down the road, to try being more stubborn than an

uneducated
>>> sucker.
>>>
>>> Earlier that day I had test-driven a 2008 GT500 that would have gone
>>> off the lot for $42.5K. Wrong color, though.
>>>
>>> I think the "price on them" mentioned above starts at sticker, which

>>> believe is $45 to $51K depending on model and extras. Add and

subtract
>>> your $10K ups and $7K downs, and you are in the neighborhood of my
>>> wrong-color experience. I've never been very good at maths,
>>> especially car-price maths.

>> I took a shortcut through a Ford dealer today and couldn't believe my
>> eyes. The dealership was closed and they had an "Eleanor" grey GT500
>> sitting all by itself in the front parking lot. I have never seen

one
>> sitting outside like that before today.

> Makes me think of the days when as a kid I would see Dodge Daytonas

and
> Plymouth Superbirds in the back parking lots just collecting dust.
> Speaking of Dodge, I've seen two new Challengers around town and a
> friend saw another, all were different colors. I walked up to one and
> two things I noticed were, the hood looked like carbon fiber, and the
> big ass 20 inch wheels. Not sure if the carbon fiber was a stick-on or
> if it was real.
> I'm in kind of a "smallish" area, so it kind of surprises me to see
> these cars, or at least three of them clustered around here.

There are at least 4 dealers in the county that have them on display
outside the showroom. Awesome-looking in person.

Guess what? [email protected] Ford Mustang 10 January 1st 06 01:24 PM
Most times Brakes..Some times no. Frankenstien Ford Explorer 8 September 22nd 05 02:29 AM
Bushamerica - Cops shoot SUV 120 times. Hit UNARMED driver 4 times. Jesse Jackson calls it a hate crime [email protected] Driving 1 June 9th 05 01:52 AM
GUESS WHAT? JP Roberts Audi 46 April 12th 05 11:14 AM
I guess I'm an ass man ... dwight Ford Mustang 29 March 25th 05 11:45 PM