cannot find classic or antique insurance

Old January 23rd 05, 09:58 PM
David

Default cannot find classic or antique insurance

I have an 88 custom k1500 and I cannot find anyone that insures 4wd as classic or antique( I have several cars with
Hagerty but they do not do 4wds ) . This is not a daily driver it is show quality, does anyone have antique or classic
insurance on the 4wd. If so what company ?
Thank
David

Old January 23rd 05, 11:22 PM
tom

most classic insurance companies consider an 88 as a used car, not a
classic. in their eyes, it has to be at least 25 years old, like my 79 f250
4x4.

Old January 24th 05, 05:30 AM
Frank Morris

Howdy David,
I think another insurance company is Grundy.

Frank X. Morris
http://community.webtv.net/Sulkhalil/SalukiCornerChime

Old January 24th 05, 03:39 PM
Lee Ayrton

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, David wrote:

> I have an 88 custom k1500 and I cannot find anyone that insures 4wd as
> classic or antique( I have several cars with Hagerty but they do not do
> 4wds ) . This is not a daily driver it is show quality, does anyone have
> antique or classic insurance on the 4wd. If so what company ?

?!? My `79 CJ-5 is insured with Hagerty, and it is most certainly 4WD.
But my `79 older than their 25-year cutoff, your `88 isn't and that's
probably the problem.

Their other big restriction is "NO racing."

--
"I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with
whips....r"

Old January 24th 05, 06:36 PM
Peter D. Hipson

I don't think there is any question that the age (lack thereof,
actually) is the issue that causes the problem... Maybe he should get
an older truck! <g>

Old January 26th 05, 06:41 PM
David

Thanks anyways , after talking to a person at american classic insurance, since it is a choo-choo custom, they will
cover it. $114.00 a year. Some insurance companys consider 15 years classic and will provide reduced insurance.
Dave

Peter D. Hipson wrote:
> I don't think there is any question that the age (lack thereof,
> actually) is the issue that causes the problem... Maybe he should get
> an older truck! <g>
>
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:39:36 -0500, Lee Ayrton >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, David wrote:
>>
>>> I have an 88 custom k1500 and I cannot find anyone that insures 4wd
>>> as classic or antique( I have several cars with Hagerty but they do
>>> not do 4wds ) . This is not a daily driver it is show quality, does
>>> anyone have antique or classic insurance on the 4wd. If so what
>>> company ?

>> ?!? My `79 CJ-5 is insured with Hagerty, and it is most certainly
>> 4WD. But my `79 older than their 25-year cutoff, your `88 isn't and
>> that's probably the problem.
>>
>> Their other big restriction is "NO racing."

"No garage" classic car insurance available? MATT S. VW air cooled 4 November 6th 04 03:05 PM
FS: 1991 "Classic Cars" (Of The World) Cards with Box J.R. Sinclair General 0 May 27th 04 07:31 AM
Classic Car Insurance KRD Antique cars 2 May 5th 04 05:51 PM
You Can't Find Everything On The Net. orionfinderservices Antique cars 0 November 27th 03 02:46 PM
Insurance: Classic vs. regular vs. ???? dodgeboy Antique cars 3 July 30th 03 07:06 AM