Power steering reservoir cap tether

Old August 16th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ben Jammin

Default Power steering reservoir cap tether

The flexible plastic tether or retainer that secures the power steering
reservoir cap to the resevoir on my 4.6L 1997 Mustang GT is broken.

Can anyone suggest a source for a replacement?

The closest thing I have been able to find is a complete used resevoir
with cap and tether on eBay but that seems like overkill.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old August 19th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
hostlocal

<Ben Jammin> wrote in message ...
> The flexible plastic tether or retainer that secures the power steering
> reservoir cap to the resevoir on my 4.6L 1997 Mustang GT is broken.
>
> Can anyone suggest a source for a replacement?
>
> The closest thing I have been able to find is a complete used resevoir
> with cap and tether on eBay but that seems like overkill.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Aluminum foil?

seriously, try the junkyards

Old September 2nd 08, 03:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ben Jammin

On 2008-08-18 18:01:54 -0600, "hostlocal" > said:

> <Ben Jammin> wrote in message ...
>> The flexible plastic tether or retainer that secures the power steering
>> reservoir cap to the resevoir on my 4.6L 1997 Mustang GT is broken.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a source for a replacement?
>>
>> The closest thing I have been able to find is a complete used resevoir
>> with cap and tether on eBay but that seems like overkill.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks!

> Aluminum foil?
>
> seriously, try the junkyards

"Been there, done that," as they say, with no luck. Thanks for the
suggestion, though.

Old September 2nd 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ben Jammin

On 2008-08-16 15:50:29 -0600, Ben Jammin said:

> The flexible plastic tether or retainer that secures the power steering
> reservoir cap to the resevoir on my 4.6L 1997 Mustang GT is broken.
>
> Can anyone suggest a source for a replacement?
>
> The closest thing I have been able to find is a complete used resevoir
> with cap and tether on eBay but that seems like overkill.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Answering my own question, I found a cap and retainer on eBay - seller
RHENDRICKSAUTO (eBay store KAJJ Enterprise) - for $6.50 plus shipping.
The item, Ford P/N F23C-3A006-BA, was marked "1993 Ford Tempo Power
Steering Pump Cap 2.3 4 cyl," in the eBay listing but it is the same
cap used on the 1997 Mustang GT (and probably several other Ford
products as well).

Richard has many parts - including a variety of power steering resevoir
caps - and they all seem clean and reasonably priced. My part was
packed well and shipped quickly. I'd be happy to buy from him again in
the future.