TPMS for 2011 Chevy Aveo LT

Old October 1st 14, 06:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default TPMS for 2011 Chevy Aveo LT

On Sunday, September 25, 2011 1:00:27 PM UTC-4, Nicholas wrote:
> My owner's manual does NOT tell me how to reset the TPMS after tire
>
> rotation. It simply says take to dealership.
>

> I did internet search and found this: does it sound right? A Bartech
>
> tool to do this costs well in excess of $1 thousand.

> The TPMS matching process is outlined below:
>

> Set the parking brake. Turn the ignition switch to ON/RUN
>
> with the engine off.
>

> Press and hold the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter's
>
> LOCK and UNLOCK buttons, at the same time, for about five
>
> seconds to start the TPMS learn mode. The horn sounds twice
>
> indicating the TPMS receiver is ready and in learn mode. Start
>
> with the driver side front tire. The driver side front turn
>
> signal also comes on to indicate that corner's sensor is ready
>
> to be learned.
>

> Remove the valve cap from the tire's valve stem.
>

> Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or decreasing the
>
> tire's air pressure for about eight seconds. The horn chirp, can
>
> take up to 30 seconds to sound.
>

> It chirps one time and then all the turn signals flash one
>
> time to confirm the sensor identification code has been matched
>
> to the tire/wheel position.
>

> The passenger side front turn signal comes on to indicate
>
> that corner sensor is ready to be learned. Proceed to the
>
> passenger side front tire and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
>

> The passenger side rear turn signal comes on to indicate
>
> that corner sensor is ready to be learned. Proceed to the
>
> passenger side rear tire and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
>

> The driver side rear turn signal comes on to indicate that
>
> corner sensor is ready to be learned. Proceed to the driver side
>
> rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
>

> After hearing the single horn chirp for the driver side rear
>
> tire, two additional horn chirps sound to indicate the tire
>
> learning process is done. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF.
>

> If no tires are learned after entering the TPMS learn mode,
>
> or if communication with the receiver stops, or if the time
>
> limit has expired, turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF and
>
> start over beginning with Step 2.
>

> Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as
>
> indicated on the Tire and Loading Information label. Put the
>
> valve caps back on the valve stems.
>

> Lg

It would be nice if someone actually answered the question? Nicholas did you try this?
Old October 1st 14, 07:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
N8N[_2_]

On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 1:32:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:

> It would be nice if someone actually answered the question? Nicholas did you try this?

I can't say if it works or doesn't on that particular vehicle, but that is a familiar TPMS relearn procedure for many GM cars.

nate
Old November 8th 14, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 2:12:31 PM UTC-4, N8N wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 1:32:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>
> > It would be nice if someone actually answered the question? Nicholas did you try this?

> I can't say if it works or doesn't on that particular vehicle, but that is a familiar TPMS relearn procedure for many GM cars.
>
> nate

Unfortunately this does not work on my 2011 Aveo. I press the lock/unlock and nothing.
Old November 8th 14, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Saturday, November 8, 2014 2:23:21 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 2:12:31 PM UTC-4, N8N wrote:
> > On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 1:32:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> >
> > > It would be nice if someone actually answered the question? Nicholas did you try this?

> > I can't say if it works or doesn't on that particular vehicle, but that is a familiar TPMS relearn procedure for many GM cars.
> >
> > nate

> Unfortunately this does not work on my 2011 Aveo. I press the lock/unlock and nothing.

My dealer want $12.50 to reset it. Maybe when I go in for something else I'll let them do it but for now I'll live with the stupid light on.