Notice: Nominations for RAMFM coordinator?

Old December 2nd 04, 11:13 PM
Backyard Mechanic

Default Notice: Nominations for RAMFM coordinator?

################################################## #############
AMENDED CHARTER-Dated December 11th, 1995

rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang is intended to be an unmoderated newsgroup
to support discussion amongst Ford Mustang enthusiasts. Discussion will
include, but not be limited to, repairs, modifications, upgrades,
notices, opinions, advice and experiences from individuals that have an
interest in the Ford Mustang automobile in its various flavours.

Allowing the use of an "on record coordinator" for the use of dealing
with the posting of commercial advertisers, massive cross posted "off
topic" posts, and the occasional flamer.

Non "commercial" advertising, for-sale notices and want-ads are acceptable as
long as they are in-keeping with the Mustang theme.

################################################## ############

Bill S having been gone a decent interval... what do the rest of you think
about "electing' a new Nanny?

Realize this is largely ceremonial as the actual FLAMING seems to have
dropped to near zero since we've had no-one trying to enforce against it.

Since Garth dug this up from the archives, I nominate him as the new
coordinator.

Anyone else?
Old December 2nd 04, 11:26 PM
SVTKate

It seems that everyone is doing prety well without giving someone a headache
(or ego trip) like that.
AND...
all the hollering and threats in the world won't stop the spammers.

As far as the Trolls, they will come and they will go. Not much you can do
about them either without moderation.

Abbreviated version: Why not just let sleeping dogs lie.

Kate

Old December 2nd 04, 11:30 PM
Backyard Mechanic

SVTKate opined in
ink.net:

> It seems that everyone is doing prety well without giving someone a
> headache (or ego trip) like that.
> AND...
> all the hollering and threats in the world won't stop the spammers.
>
> As far as the Trolls, they will come and they will go. Not much you can
> do about them either without moderation.
>
> Abbreviated version: Why not just let sleeping dogs lie.
>
> Kate

Abreviated reply:

"None" is also good...

Read between lines, sister!

Old December 2nd 04, 11:44 PM
SVTKate

Oh.. lemmie go get my glasses and give it another try
*DUH!*
I hate these blonde moments.

Old December 3rd 04, 12:28 AM
Garth Almgren

On 12/2/2004 3:13 PM, Backyard Mechanic wrote:

> Realize this is largely ceremonial as the actual FLAMING seems to have
> dropped to near zero since we've had no-one trying to enforce against it.

Wait, that's a good thing, right?

> Since Garth dug this up from the archives, I nominate him as the new
> coordinator.

Heh. "If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve" ...
unless I feel like it, and even then not very well.

Life has been so busy lately that I've barely got time to loosely follow
this group anymore, let alone poke at anthills.

--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |
Old December 3rd 04, 02:00 AM
Wound Up

Backyard Mechanic wrote:
> ################################################## #############
> AMENDED CHARTER-Dated December 11th, 1995
>
> rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang is intended to be an unmoderated newsgroup
> to support discussion amongst Ford Mustang enthusiasts. Discussion will
> include, but not be limited to, repairs, modifications, upgrades,
> notices, opinions, advice and experiences from individuals that have an
> interest in the Ford Mustang automobile in its various flavours.
>
> Allowing the use of an "on record coordinator" for the use of dealing
> with the posting of commercial advertisers, massive cross posted "off
> topic" posts, and the occasional flamer.
>
> Non "commercial" advertising, for-sale notices and want-ads are acceptable as
> long as they are in-keeping with the Mustang theme.
>
> ################################################## ############
>
> Bill S having been gone a decent interval... what do the rest of you think
> about "electing' a new Nanny?
>

> Realize this is largely ceremonial as the actual FLAMING seems to have
> dropped to near zero since we've had no-one trying to enforce against it.
>

> Since Garth dug this up from the archives, I nominate him as the new
> coordinator.
>

> Anyone else?

Why single out Bill S.? I Googled my own old posts to this group a few
weeks back, some from 7-8 years ago, and in my estimation he was then
and is now a fine fellow, if you're not just cruisin for a bruisin to
begin with.

This is perfectly in the spirit of the current RAMFM. Garth (really
nice guy) doesn't want it, and no one else seems to care.

I lurked a -long- time in this group before re-emerging, gleaning what I
could, and enjoying the banter, but have seen its slow decay. Hell, you
know I contributed to some of it, admittedly mainly for my own
amusement. Sometimes I throw in a thoughtful and intelligent diatribe,
but get ignored. It's a waste of time. I guess people hear what they
want to hear.

A few good people do remain, but RAMFM in general has become a
disjointed mess of talking loud and saying next to nothing. No cohesion
really exists in this group, making it dilute white noise for the most
part. Egos tend to run high, and facts tend to run low. Glib retorts
have replaced intelligent dialogue.

I am as guilty as anyone, but it's because this place has gone from
meaty to Wonder Bread texture since I've been posting and lurking in it.
When in Rome...

That said, in all honesty and forthrightness in my persepective,
Backyard Mechanic seems to be as qualified as anyone. I nominate him,
because he probably doesn't want to nominate himself. Hell, he may not
want me to nominate him. That's also perfectly in the RAMFM spurit.

--
Wound Up

1967 Mustang coupe, restored & modified

Remove "put her" to reply in that bucket

Old December 3rd 04, 02:59 AM
dwight

"Wound Up" > wrote in message

> That said, in all honesty and forthrightness in my persepective, Backyard
> Mechanic seems to be as qualified as anyone. I nominate him, because he
> probably doesn't want to nominate himself. Hell, he may not want me to
> nominate him. That's also perfectly in the RAMFM spurit.

I'll take the job.

I'm absolutely opposed to any regulation of usenet, and I promise to do
nothing.

That's my platform.

dwight

Old December 3rd 04, 03:19 AM
Backyard Mechanic

Wound Up opined

>> Anyone else?

> Why single out Bill S.? I Googled my own old posts to this group a few
> weeks back, some from 7-8 years ago, and in my estimation he was then
> and is now a fine fellow, if you're not just cruisin for a bruisin to
> begin with.
>
> This is perfectly in the spirit of the current RAMFM. Garth (really
> nice guy) doesn't want it, and no one else seems to care.

I didnt really single him out...I made an observation. But it's true,
nothing attracts flamers like an active "moderator"

And I dont want it either, that's why I nom'd Garth... and because I have
been known to get ornery once in a while.

But i disagree with you on the state of the group... go back to the
beginning* Not too much different in content, just goes in cycles.

* Remember the names?!!! like yesterday

- - - - - - - -- - - - -

Get this!!!

|> 5. Prediction: If the Mustang returns to the sales levels of 1991-92,
then
|> it is dead. The rear-drive Mustang will be too expensive for
|> "Front-Drive-Ford" to produce for less than 100,000 cars per year. Make no
|> mistake about it; Ford is not sentimental. If the dollars aren't there for
|> them, they will kill it in a heartbeat. (no Chevy reference implied ;-)

I doubt it.. The Mustang (and Thunderbird) are fundamental to what Ford is.
I expect Ford to move to a single rear-drive V-8 platform for the Mustang,
Thunderbird, Lincoln Mark IX, and an unnamed small Jaguar and small Lincoln..
(this is all speculated upon/discussed in this month's Automobile magazine..)

- Robert W. Hall Aug 8, 1996

Full Thread... also look at sales figures: http://tinyurl.com/63l4c
Old December 3rd 04, 03:22 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Backyard Mechanic wrote:

> Bill S having been gone a decent interval... what do the rest of you think
> about "electing' a new Nanny?
>

> Realize this is largely ceremonial as the actual FLAMING seems to have
> dropped to near zero since we've had no-one trying to enforce against it.
>

> Since Garth dug this up from the archives, I nominate him as the new
> coordinator.
>

> Anyone else?

I nominate Kate.

--
YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate
Old December 3rd 04, 06:00 AM
Garth Almgren

Around 12/2/2004 6:59 PM, dwight wrote:

> I'm absolutely opposed to any regulation of usenet, and I promise to do
> nothing.
>
> That's my platform.

Hey! Give me back my plank!