Synthetic Blends

Old November 10th 05, 12:43 AM
WindsorFox

Default Synthetic Blends

John wrote:

> I have a friend that never changes his oil. Every 3,000 miles he puts
> on a new filter and tops it off with Mobil 1. He's done this for
> years now. This is probably equivalent to changing the oil every 15
> to 30 K miles, depending on how much oil the filter holds.
>
> John
> '69 Mach 1 390 Toploader Acapulco Blue
> ThunderSnake #59

God forbid you tell Joe that. He goes out of his way to make
sophomoric crap about a one year change interval.

--
I'm intrigued by the thought that, later on,
the poster wont be able to find his question,
Old November 10th 05, 01:18 AM

"John" > wrote in message

> The initial 428 that came out in '66 was not a CJ. It had heads and
> intake similar to a 390. In '67 there was a 428 PI. The 428 CJ
> debutted in the '68 model year replacing the 427 as Ford's performance
> engine. The 428 SCJ came out in the '69 model year.

The 428 was not available in a Mustang in 66. The best engine was the 289
hi po.

In 1967 the 390 was available.

I was one of the few people who ordered and got a 68 Cobra Jet.
The 427 crossbolt was advertised, and maybe they even made a few of them,
but I never saw one.

Old November 10th 05, 01:19 AM

"WindsorFox" > wrote in message

> Only a fool ignores scientific proof. You know not of what you speak.

And you are a total dickhead, Fox. High school harry.

Old November 10th 05, 01:20 AM

> John wrote:
>
> > I have a friend that never changes his oil. Every 3,000 miles he puts
> > on a new filter and tops it off with Mobil 1. He's done this for
> > years now. This is probably equivalent to changing the oil every 15
> > to 30 K miles, depending on how much oil the filter holds.
> >
> > John
> > '69 Mach 1 390 Toploader Acapulco Blue
> > ThunderSnake #59

> God forbid you tell Joe that. He goes out of his way to make
> sophomoric crap about a one year change interval.

I would never buy a car that had been maintained by a bunch of
children like yourselves. Maybe you had rich parents, but I had
to work for my money.

Old November 10th 05, 01:23 AM

"trainfan1" > wrote in message > From a chemical &
physical perspective, synthetics are far superior,
> but please don't let science get in the way of anecdotal evidence...
> which is all you will get in usenet discussions.
>
> Rob

From a chemical perspective, I am far more qualified to make an observation
than you will ever be.
I was the R&D director for a major global firm for years.

You can believe all the bull**** you want, but the facts are far less
definitive that you would
hope we would believe.

Old November 10th 05, 01:25 AM

> Just because you and some others on Usenet can not find it does not
> mean it does not exist. There is plenty of proof in test samples.

Well, if you are so totally sure of this, then post your unequivocal
sources. There is a lot of
data, yes. We are not privy to much of it. A lot of the claims are made
without rigorous proof.

You can believe it if you wish. There is a fool born every minute.

Old November 10th 05, 02:42 AM
Richard

> wrote in message
et...

> "John" > wrote in message
>
> > I have a friend that never changes his oil. Every 3,000 miles he puts
> > on a new filter and tops it off with Mobil 1. He's done this for
> > years now. This is probably equivalent to changing the oil every 15
> > to 30 K miles, depending on how much oil the filter holds.

> He probably never changes his underdrawers either. Only a fool
> treats an engine this way.

I wonder. I seem to recall reading an article many, many years ago that
Greyhound did the same thing.

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red

Old November 10th 05, 03:05 AM
nospam

Default Synthetic Blends THIS IS A GOOD IDEA???

An old man I've known since the '70's (he's now 82 years old) asked me the question "What's 10W30 mean?"
I told him, and he replied, if 10 weight is OK in the winter, why not all of the time? I had no answer. He said that since the 1950's he has run only pure 10 weight oil in every car he's ever owned. He said that once in the late '50's there was a recall, he took the car in and the mechanics were astonished by how perfect the interior of his engine was.
The way he explained it to me was that 10 weight oil's molecules are smaller, thus allowing more of them to get to bearing surfaces, etc. and providing better lubrication overall.

Does anyone else here think this could be true?

Dave
"BradandBrooks" > wrote in message news:hVhbf.416545$oW2.242151@pd7tw1no...
Q:

How much synthetic oil is really in a synthetic blend oil? I saw on the Havoline website that they say between 3 and 10%. That seems really low. And for the price? It would be better, and cheaper to throw in one litre of full synthetic oil in with the rest of the dino oil in your crankcase.

Is synthetic blend a rip? Sure seems like it to me.

Brad

too late for synthetic? chibitul Honda 8 July 18th 05 05:24 AM
warman i am surprised you mix oil [email protected] Ford Mustang 5 May 8th 05 04:04 AM
full synthetic VW 505 01 in North America? Achim Nolcken Lohse VW water cooled 20 November 8th 04 07:41 AM
VW502.00 and Shell Rotella T Synthetic - the answer William Maslin VW water cooled 0 October 27th 04 10:06 PM
Question to those who use synthetic oil Joe Blo General 14 July 22nd 04 03:47 AM