rusty rotors cause pulsing brakes??

Old August 25th 04, 11:59 PM
Dad

Default rusty rotors cause pulsing brakes??

Now fix the cross posting.

--
Dad
04 C5 CE Z51

Old August 25th 04, 11:59 PM
Dad

Now fix the cross posting.

--
Dad
04 C5 CE Z51

Old August 29th 04, 02:31 AM
RWDoyle

Can someone explain the reason why cross posting is so frowned upon? I
understand why people don't like it in binary groups (multiplying bandwidth
consumption by the number of groups cross posted). However, I've never
understood why simple discussions such as this are not supposed to be cross
posted (at least when the subject is relevant).

This fellow could have posted the same message 5 times (once to each group)
to avoid "cross posting." However, the same bandwidth would have been
consumed. If he truly wants to reach a larger audience, then why not cross
post?

Even the Usenet FAQ does not say anything to the negative of this practice:
http://www.usenet.com/articles/cross_posting.htm

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to start crap with you, Dad. I'm just
trying to better understand.

Ryan

Old August 29th 04, 02:31 AM
RWDoyle

Old August 29th 04, 06:47 AM
Dad

Does alt.autos.corvettes have a charter? My server does and they have warned
me that if I do it again they will suspend me. I was turned in by some
pencil dick from the UK that didn't like what I did. Next day I got a
warning. That is enough for me to be told, how about you? Do you remember
how many this was posted to? Seventeen replies and he never said what the
vehicle was. It was a dumb post and it got 17 replies to 5 news groups. It
would only be a guess as to how many he got on the other groups as the
excess baggage was cut off. It is not illegal just bad manners and if some
people don't like it why do it?

Like I said, my server warned me because of a complaint, nothing generally
happens on these groups because they have no moderators. Do what you wish,
there is no reason I know for anyone to listen to me.

Advanced Usenet - Cross-Posting

related groups.

You can "cross-post" your message to more than one newsgroup if your message
is relevant to more than one group. Cross-posting is easy to do, and similar
to emailing to more than one person. Simply put a comma between each
newsgroup name you wish to post to in the address field.

However, remember that excessive cross-posting is considered bad form
without a good reason, because it multiplies the traffic on the Internet
several times without adding any new content. In the extreme case, if
everybody cross-posted every message to every group, then every group would
look exactly the same!

You should cross-post only when really needed, and usually not to more than
three groups. All cross-posted groups should be closely related. It is
considered very bad form to cross-post a message to unrelated groups, and
could cause you to receive a large number of complaints by email.

Because cross-posting of commercial advertisements has become a problem,
some news servers will ignore any message cross-posted to too many groups --
depending on their configuration, somewhere between five and fifteen is the
usual limit.

When you cross-post an article to more than one group, you may want to
specify that all responses should be directed to a single group. If your
software supports it, this is done with a "Followup-To" header that
specifies the group that all replies should be directed to. If you set such
a header, it is also considered polite to mention that fact in your message,
with a statement something like the following: (Followups redirected to
alt.misc.thoughts)

--
Dad
04 C5 CE Z51

Old August 29th 04, 06:47 AM
Dad

Old August 29th 04, 01:13 PM
Thomas Pendergast

I also turned you in you cross posting asshat.

"Dad" > wrote in message
> [...]
>> understand why people don't like it in binary groups (multiplying
>> bandwidth
>> consumption by the number of groups cross posted). However, I've never
>> understood why simple discussions such as this are not supposed to be
>> cross
>> posted (at least when the subject is relevant).
>>
>> This fellow could have posted the same message 5 times (once to each
>> group)
>> to avoid "cross posting." However, the same bandwidth would have been
>> consumed. If he truly wants to reach a larger audience, then why not
>> cross
>> post?
>>
>> Even the Usenet FAQ does not say anything to the negative of this
>> practice:
>> http://www.usenet.com/articles/cross_posting.htm
>>
>> Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to start crap with you, Dad. I'm

>>> 04 C5 CE Z51

Old August 29th 04, 01:13 PM
Thomas Pendergast

"Dad" > wrote in message
> [...]
>> understand why people don't like it in binary groups (multiplying
>> bandwidth
>> consumption by the number of groups cross posted). However, I've never
>> understood why simple discussions such as this are not supposed to be
>> cross
>> posted (at least when the subject is relevant).
>>
>> This fellow could have posted the same message 5 times (once to each
>> group)
>> to avoid "cross posting." However, the same bandwidth would have been
>> consumed. If he truly wants to reach a larger audience, then why not
>> cross
>> post?
>>
>> Even the Usenet FAQ does not say anything to the negative of this
>> practice:
>> http://www.usenet.com/articles/cross_posting.htm
>>
>> Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to start crap with you, Dad. I'm

>>> 04 C5 CE Z51

Brakes. Again ian Audi 4 December 22nd 04 04:58 AM
audi 100 5cy brakes ian Audi 3 December 19th 04 01:03 AM
97 M3-floating rotors or After market solid rotor? Abs BMW 12 December 18th 04 10:23 PM
E38 740i 1996 -- front end "shimmy" when braking. Could it be JUST the rotors? Hugh Gundersen BMW 2 September 20th 04 06:53 PM
C4 brakes and rotors [email protected] Corvette 11 August 24th 04 07:29 PM