rFactor track blinking braking zones

Old September 5th 05, 08:22 PM
John Smith

Default rFactor track blinking braking zones

I tried everything I know, but the track braking areas blink off and
on(darker braking zones). It's like one second they are darker then it looks
like a normal track without darker braking zones. The demo is fine, no
blinking. Anyone else have this problem? Nothing on rsc either. I tried dx7,
dx8 and auto, along with changing the video setup within the game. Running a
ti4600 and amd 2100mhz.

Old September 5th 05, 09:17 PM
Steve Blankenship

"John Smith" > wrote in message
. ..
> I tried everything I know, but the track braking areas blink off and
> on(darker braking zones). It's like one second they are darker then it

looks
> like a normal track without darker braking zones. The demo is fine, no
> blinking. Anyone else have this problem? Nothing on rsc either. I tried

dx7,
> dx8 and auto, along with changing the video setup within the game. Running

> ti4600 and amd 2100mhz.

Yup, same thing here with a similar machine.

Old September 5th 05, 10:18 PM
Paulinho

"Steve Blankenship" > wrote in message
> "John Smith" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> I tried everything I know, but the track braking areas blink off and
>> on(darker braking zones). It's like one second they are darker then it

> looks
>> like a normal track without darker braking zones. The demo is fine, no
>> blinking. Anyone else have this problem? Nothing on rsc either. I tried

> dx7,
>> dx8 and auto, along with changing the video setup within the game.
>> Running

>> ti4600 and amd 2100mhz.
>>

> Yup, same thing here with a similar machine.

I get audio problems... cars that arn't even near me pop in and out of my
speakers...?

Old September 5th 05, 11:35 PM
DJRJR

"Steve Blankenship" > wrote in message
> "John Smith" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> I tried everything I know, but the track braking areas blink off and
>> on(darker braking zones). It's like one second they are darker then it

> looks
>> like a normal track without darker braking zones. The demo is fine, no
>> blinking. Anyone else have this problem? Nothing on rsc either. I tried

> dx7,
>> dx8 and auto, along with changing the video setup within the game.
>> Running

>> ti4600 and amd 2100mhz.
>>

> Yup, same thing here with a similar machine.

What I don't understand is why I don't have this issue with the demo? (btw
this is John Smith) Nothing showing up in the player files either. The final
version is a lot buggier than the demo too, for instance I have to disable
EAV before starting the game, but not on the demo?? I lost gear display on
the F1 car. Temporary slow down with ai crashing in front of me. Don't get
me started on the ai too, and yea I went ahead and fixed that also. FF
pulling to the left more than usual. How long do I have to get my money
back?

Old September 6th 05, 03:03 AM
Scoob Droolins

the blinking road line is caused by some buggy old nvidia drivers
you're using. update to the latest and it will go away. rfactor
clashes with your AV program because it is now a copy-protected app.
add it to your AV program's exclusion list.

Old September 6th 05, 09:57 PM
John Smith

"Scoob Droolins" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> the blinking road line is caused by some buggy old nvidia drivers
> you're using. update to the latest and it will go away. rfactor
> clashes with your AV program because it is now a copy-protected app.
> add it to your AV program's exclusion list.

Why does the demo work fine if it was the video drivers?