GPL65, Gem+2 & AI speeds...

Old April 29th 05, 08:06 PM
Rick Catton

Default GPL65, Gem+2 & AI speeds...

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me how to tweak the AI speed of opponents to achieve
the following...

Tighter fields, as opposed to variations of 5-6 seconds per lap from
front-runners to tail-enders.
AI speeds which _do_ adapt to my improvements, but...
Fastest AI drivers whose best lap times are about consistent with my own
'best' pace.

By the last point, I mean that if my combined (10?) laps average a 1:30 at
any given track, then Clark, Hill et al are putting in 1:29.5's or slower,
instead of being miles out in front.

I've just done a fresh installation of GPL from the 2004 Demo and added
original tracks from the CD, but I did also keep my original player folder
and drop it into the file system. Should I get rid of this and just start
with a new player?

Also, in trying to find answers to the above, I've read that GEM only alters
the AI for the track which you select in the start-up process, and switching
tracks without exiting GPL and changing the track through GEM will give
inconsistent AI speeds. I presume that it follows that I can't run a
Championship with the 'correct' AI at each track without swapping out
through GEM and keeping pencil/paper scores for myself. Any ideas?

Thanks for getting this far, and thanks in advance for any advice,

Regards
Rick.

Old April 30th 05, 11:41 PM
Ruud Dingemans

Rick Catton wrote:

> Tighter fields, as opposed to variations of 5-6 seconds per lap from
> front-runners to tail-enders.

Hi Rick,

Well, there's AITweaker in general and there's an AI tweaker in GEM
(which you use for the 65 Mod), although I haven't tried that since
there was supposed to be a bug in the original 65Mod version which could
mess up your settings.

As for tighter fields as opposed to every AI going faster/slower in
general, that's a more difficult subject - but I believe there have been
people working at making better AI files for this. Check into RSCnet.org
or GPLMZ (Speedgeezers) and visit the GPL forums for more info.

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank -24)
Old May 1st 05, 09:13 PM
Rick Catton

Thanks Rudy - looking into all of the above now.
Regards
Rick.