Anyone asking anyone questions?

Old April 29th 05, 03:29 AM
Alan Bernardo

Default Anyone asking anyone questions?

What's with this meee character? Did he all of a sudden come out from
nowhere, asking random questions?

Weird.

Alanb

Old April 29th 05, 01:59 PM
Juan Vizoso

:-) never volunteer , leave that to the officers lol .. jv

Old April 30th 05, 12:50 AM
Andre Warringa

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:29:48 -0400, "Alan Bernardo" >
wrote:

>What's with this meee character? Did he all of a sudden come out from
>nowhere, asking random questions?
>
>Weird.
>
>Alanb

Yeah, coming out of nowhere, asking simracing-related questions,
giving his opinion about racing sims..
what the hell is he thinking??

Andre
Old April 30th 05, 04:38 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Andre Warringa" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:29:48 -0400, "Alan Bernardo" >
> wrote:
>
>>What's with this meee character? Did he all of a sudden come out from
>>nowhere, asking random questions?
>>
>>Weird.
>>
>>Alanb
>>

> Yeah, coming out of nowhere, asking simracing-related questions,
> giving his opinion about racing sims..
> what the hell is he thinking??
>
> Andre

No, I'm not talking about that, sarcasm aside. It's just that it's like the
guy found a new toy, and has to tell everyone about it.

Maybe that's entirely too deep for you.

Alanb

Old April 30th 05, 11:11 AM
Forsyth McKinsey

Alan ... who?

Old April 30th 05, 11:21 AM
meee

Actually Bernardo, I have participated in this newsgroup on and off for
several years, but under other names, as I have switched to different
ISP'sover time. Over the last couple of years this newsgroup seemed a bit
less interesting than a few years ago when there were far more frequent and
substantive posts. Debates over GPL versus Viper racing versus F-1 2001, and
whether Crammonds f-1 games were lackluster or well crafted sims. Those were
interesting times in this group, IMHO. Consequently, I visited this group
almost every day just to read the latest debates, and to get the latest tips
on new mods/demos and gamers reviews and opinions . I would also
sporadically post my views, join in on the debates, or give helpful advice ,
about once a month back then. However it seemed about the time this group
started getting all of the "RASCAR" announcements that I saw fewer and fewer
interesting posts, or at least I got tired of sorting through all of the
repetitious posts and spam, in order to find the fun or informative
posts.Perhaps it's just my nostalgic misperception, but there seem to be
alot fewer posts than in years past also. So, mostly over the last two years
I have just checked in from time to time to see if there is anything new
going on in here, just lurking.

Old April 30th 05, 01:27 PM
Alan Bernardo

"meee" > wrote in message
> Actually Bernardo, I have participated in this newsgroup on and off for
> several years, but under other names, as I have switched to different
> ISP'sover time. Over the last couple of years this newsgroup seemed a bit
> less interesting than a few years ago when there were far more frequent
> and
> substantive posts. Debates over GPL versus Viper racing versus F-1 2001,
> and
> whether Crammonds f-1 games were lackluster or well crafted sims. Those
> were
> interesting times in this group, IMHO. Consequently, I visited this group
> almost every day just to read the latest debates, and to get the latest
> tips
> on new mods/demos and gamers reviews and opinions . I would also
> sporadically post my views, join in on the debates, or give helpful advice
> ,
> about once a month back then. However it seemed about the time this group
> started getting all of the "RASCAR" announcements that I saw fewer and
> fewer
> interesting posts, or at least I got tired of sorting through all of the
> repetitious posts and spam, in order to find the fun or informative
> posts.Perhaps it's just my nostalgic misperception, but there seem to be
> alot fewer posts than in years past also. So, mostly over the last two
> years
> I have just checked in from time to time to see if there is anything new
> going on in here, just lurking.
> "Alan Bernardo" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Andre Warringa" > wrote in message

>> > Yeah, coming out of nowhere, asking simracing-related questions,
>> > giving his opinion about racing sims..
>> > what the hell is he thinking??
>> >
>> > Andre

>> No, I'm not talking about that, sarcasm aside. It's just that it's like

> the
>> guy found a new toy, and has to tell everyone about it.
>>
>> Maybe that's entirely too deep for you.
>>
>> Alanb

I see. I'm not altogether sure why you would need these different aliases
or what the motivation is, but then there are more important things to
consider.

It all just seemed a bit odd, a bit pre-teenagish, a bit too exuberant, like
you just got some new toys for Christmas.

I know all about these feelings-- I get them all the time.

Alanb

Old April 30th 05, 06:20 PM
Steve Blankenship

"Andre Warringa" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:29:48 -0400, "Alan Bernardo" >
> wrote:
>
> >What's with this meee character? Did he all of a sudden come out from
> >nowhere, asking random questions?
> >
> >Weird.
> >
> >Alanb
> >

> Yeah, coming out of nowhere, asking simracing-related questions,
> giving his opinion about racing sims..
> what the hell is he thinking??
>
> Andre

Probably just checking in to see if GPaL was out yet... ;-)

Old May 2nd 05, 11:27 PM
Andre Warringa

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 23:38:16 -0400, "Alan Bernardo" >
wrote:

>> Yeah, coming out of nowhere, asking simracing-related questions,
>> giving his opinion about racing sims..
>> what the hell is he thinking??
>>
>> Andre

>No, I'm not talking about that, sarcasm aside. It's just that it's like the
>guy found a new toy, and has to tell everyone about it.
>
>Maybe that's entirely too deep for you.
>
>Alanb

Sorry about that. But since you are acting like an ass in most of your
posts, I ass-umed you were being an ass again.

Andre