Adios!

Old July 3rd 10, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
The busman

Default Adios!

Sold my 63 Camper to my brother and find myself without a VW for the first
time in 21 years. Just don't have the time or energy any more. Wanted to
wish y'all good luck with your ACVWs as I head out. Take care!
Andy
thebusman

Old July 3rd 10, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani[_2_]

"The Busman" > wrote in message
> Sold my 63 Camper to my brother and find myself without a VW for the first
> time in 21 years. Just don't have the time or energy any more. Wanted to
> wish y'all good luck with your ACVWs as I head out. Take care!
> Andy
> thebusman

wish you all the best, Andy!

Old July 3rd 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim[_2_]

The Busman wrote:
> Sold my 63 Camper to my brother and find myself without a VW for the first
> time in 21 years. Just don't have the time or energy any more. Wanted to
> wish y'all good luck with your ACVWs as I head out. Take care!
> Andy
> thebusman

We will miss you, Andy!

Tell me about no longer having the energy! LOL

I have not been without an aircooled VW since 1959!
But now that I can barely drive one, let alone work on it,
my very last VW (a '63 Beetle) must go.

http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=Speedy_1.jpg

(OK, I admit to a bit of PhotoShopping and posing... LOL)

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old July 4th 10, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
The busman

Very nice car Jim! Take care of yourself!
Andy

Old July 4th 10, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
The busman

Old July 4th 10, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim Ed

Wow! I always imagined Speedy Jim to be a lot younger.
You're only as young as you feel I guess.

Old July 5th 10, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani[_2_]

"Jim Ed" > wrote in message

> Wow! I always imagined Speedy Jim to be a lot younger.
> You're only as young as you feel I guess.

those of us that have been here at RAMVA for, well, ever, all know that
speedy bought his first vw in 1959(I believe that was the year) and it was a
59 model... by my guesstimation that puts speedy as an early 40's model!...
Plus, you just don't get that much working vw knowledge from a book, it took
time to acquire it!

Old July 5th 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Berckman

Hi Jim:

I have been on Ramva for 13 years although have not be as active
lately. You have been the best when it comes to helping out fellow
Vdubbers with a problem. Sorry to hear that your VW must go, but
maybe you can keep it for a little bit longer. Very few people would
take care of a VW the way that you have. I am getting a little past
middle age myself. Will be 50 next February. Was a young lad in my
30's when I started reading Ramva. Also Busman sorry that you are
selling the 63, but hopefully your brother will be a worth caretaker
of your bus and you can still drive it once in a while.