Punch Dub?

Old April 8th 10, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

Default Punch Dub?

What is with VWoA and their new commercials, sheess?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3wgX2Oruo

What was punch bug is now punch dub? They keep dipping back in the
past. I wouldn't mind this at all if I could go down to my local VW
dealer and buy parts for my 73... BUT I CAN'T!

Old April 8th 10, 12:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
zam

On Apr 7, 10:55*pm, David Gravereaux > wrote:
> What is with VWoA and their new commercials, sheess?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3wgX2Oruo
>
> What was punch bug is now punch dub? *They keep dipping back in the
> past. *I wouldn't mind this at all if I could go down to my local VW
> dealer and buy parts for my 73... BUT I CAN'T!
> --
>
> *signature.asc
> < 1KViewDownload

Feel the same way, someone should tell them like I scream everytime I
see the commercial PUNCH BUGGY, NOT PUNCH DUB!!!!
Pete
Old April 12th 10, 11:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bugnut68

On Apr 8, 4:56*am, zam > wrote:
> On Apr 7, 10:55*pm, David Gravereaux > wrote:
>
> > What is with VWoA and their new commercials, sheess?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3wgX2Oruo

> > What was punch bug is now punch dub? *They keep dipping back in the
> > past. *I wouldn't mind this at all if I could go down to my local VW
> > dealer and buy parts for my 73... BUT I CAN'T!
> > --

> > *signature.asc
> > < 1KViewDownload

> Feel the same way, someone should tell them like I scream everytime I
> see the commercial PUNCH BUGGY, NOT PUNCH DUB!!!!
> Pete

It's because VWOA sucks royal monkey balls AND ass. They want to play
it off like it's an original idea,but in reality, when I see a new VW
roll down the street, I say "Wow, there goes another one of VW's big
turds."
Old April 13th 10, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Berckman

I saw the ad and thought it was more B.S. from VWoA. I still love the
aircooled VW, but would not purchase a new VW. We bought a new car
for my wife within the last year and went with Nissan. My last used
car was a Honda.

Old April 17th 10, 06:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randall

David Gravereaux wrote:
> What is with VWoA and their new commercials, sheess?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3wgX2Oruo
>
> What was punch bug is now punch dub? They keep dipping back in the
> past. I wouldn't mind this at all if I could go down to my local VW
> dealer and buy parts for my 73... BUT I CAN'T!

I don't recall punch bug but this current ad must have been a very good
payday for Tracy Morgan and Stevie Wonder for about 13 seconds of screen
time. It's not like the producers could have chosen two actors at random
like they did with the other pairs of actors.
Old April 19th 10, 10:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bugnut68

On Apr 17, 10:39*am, Randall > wrote:
> David Gravereaux wrote:
> > What is with VWoA and their new commercials, sheess?
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3wgX2Oruo

> > What was punch bug is now punch dub? *They keep dipping back in the
> > past. *I wouldn't mind this at all if I could go down to my local VW
> > dealer and buy parts for my 73... BUT I CAN'T!

> I don't recall punch bug but this current ad must have been a very good
> payday for Tracy Morgan and Stevie Wonder for about 13 seconds of screen
> time. It's not like the producers could have chosen two actors at random
> like they did with the other pairs of actors.

I wouldn't be heartbroken is Volkswagen were to go out of business
tomorrow. It's the aftermarket that's keeping the air-cooled cars
alive, not VWAG and certainly not VWOA. I would love to see the
Jettas, Golfs, Cabrios and all that nonsense just go the way of the
Yugo. Lol.
Old April 20th 10, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

bugnut68 wrote:
> On Apr 17, 10:39 am, Randall > wrote:
>> David Gravereaux wrote:
>>> What is with VWoA and their new commercials, sheess?
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3wgX2Oruo
>>> What was punch bug is now punch dub? They keep dipping back in the
>>> past. I wouldn't mind this at all if I could go down to my local VW
>>> dealer and buy parts for my 73... BUT I CAN'T!

>> I don't recall punch bug but this current ad must have been a very good
>> payday for Tracy Morgan and Stevie Wonder for about 13 seconds of screen
>> time. It's not like the producers could have chosen two actors at random
>> like they did with the other pairs of actors.

> I wouldn't be heartbroken is Volkswagen were to go out of business
> tomorrow. It's the aftermarket that's keeping the air-cooled cars
> alive, not VWAG and certainly not VWOA. I would love to see the
> Jettas, Golfs, Cabrios and all that nonsense just go the way of the
> Yugo. Lol.

hey now, I just made over $400 working on a 2001 Jetta, replacing front
struts, "fixing" (workaround) a messed up AC/cooling fan controller to
get the fans to work and the AC to engage. These cars will keep
shadetree mechanics busy for a good while
Just don't give your money to the stealerships for repairs. In too many
cases, you get worse than shadetree quality work, or no work performed
at all (just billed).

Old April 20th 10, 08:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bugnut68

On Apr 19, 6:21*pm, Jan Andersson >
wrote:
> bugnut68 wrote:
> >> I don't recall punch bug but this current ad must have been a very good
> >> payday for Tracy Morgan and Stevie Wonder for about 13 seconds of screen
> >> time. It's not like the producers could have chosen two actors at random
> >> like they did with the other pairs of actors.

> > I wouldn't be heartbroken is Volkswagen were to go out of business
> > tomorrow. *It's the aftermarket that's keeping the air-cooled cars
> > alive, not VWAG and certainly not VWOA. *I would love to see the
> > Jettas, Golfs, Cabrios and all that nonsense just go the way of the
> > Yugo. *Lol.

> hey now, I just made over $400 working on a 2001 Jetta, replacing front
> struts, "fixing" (workaround) a messed up AC/cooling fan controller to
> get the fans to work and the AC to engage. These cars will keep
> shadetree mechanics busy for a good while
> Just don't give your money to the stealerships for repairs. In too many
> cases, you get worse than shadetree quality work, or no work performed
> at all (just billed).

I'm sorry, but I just can't support a company that's continually
turned its back on the very vehicles that made them what they are
today. It even goes back to the days of Joe Vittone and EMPI (the
good one, not the whores ruining the name at Mr. Bug), which
inadvertently led to the demise of the original EMPI business.
There's plenty of other brands for shadetrees to work on, in my
opinion. :-) Toyota seems to be keeping mechanics busy these days, am
I right? lol