Racing Legends cancelled.

Old August 21st 05, 07:10 PM
whooo

redTed wrote:
>>>And some of us knew this in 2001 but were ritually abused and ridiculed
>>>by all and sundry.
>>>Ellison, Simmons...etc.

>>...and you'd have bet your life on it! Yeah, right. <ROLLS EYES>

> It wasn't a life or death issue. It was something that seriously ****ed me
> off at the time tho.
> There were lots of "<ROLLS EYES>" when I suggested all the West's *self
> made* hype and propaganda was nothing but hot air.
> I don't recall you being around then either. Perhaps you're Simmons in
> disguise.

IIRC, no one really disagreed that RL might not appear. It was more your
rudeness towards the Wests - who owed you nothing btw- that people
didn't like.

Old August 21st 05, 08:55 PM
redTed

>>>...and you'd have bet your life on it! Yeah, right. <ROLLS EYES>

>> It wasn't a life or death issue. It was something that seriously ****ed
>> me off at the time tho.
>> There were lots of "<ROLLS EYES>" when I suggested all the West's *self
>> made* hype and propaganda was nothing but hot air.
>> I don't recall you being around then either. Perhaps you're Simmons in
>> disguise.

> IIRC, no one really disagreed that RL might not appear. It was more your
> rudeness towards the Wests - who owed you nothing btw- that people didn't
> like.

Rudeness on Usenet ????? Whatever next.
In the great scheme of things, my "rudeness" was rather tame compared to
some of the crap going on even now in this ng.

Apparently the West's didn't owe anybody anything. Hands up all those who've
actually played any car sims designed by the West's.
Perhaps you're one of the nitwits who forked out for their merchandise.

Old August 21st 05, 10:08 PM
Timmy Ferrell

"reggie white" > wrote in message
> The West Brothers have announced what most of us already knew. Racing
> Legends is officially cancelled.

What are we going to do next April 1st???
Oh wait, I know....the next patch for EA Nascar Sim Racing!!!

Timmy

Old August 21st 05, 10:13 PM
whooo

redTed wrote:

>>>It wasn't a life or death issue. It was something that seriously ****ed
>>>me off at the time tho.
>>>There were lots of "<ROLLS EYES>" when I suggested all the West's *self
>>>made* hype and propaganda was nothing but hot air.
>>>I don't recall you being around then either. Perhaps you're Simmons in
>>>disguise.

>>IIRC, no one really disagreed that RL might not appear. It was more your
>>rudeness towards the Wests - who owed you nothing btw- that people didn't
>>like.

> Rudeness on Usenet ????? Whatever next.
> In the great scheme of things, my "rudeness" was rather tame compared to
> some of the crap going on even now in this ng.
>
> Apparently the West's didn't owe anybody anything. Hands up all those who've
> actually played any car sims designed by the West's.
> Perhaps you're one of the nitwits who forked out for their merchandise.

Sorry, I thought you were upset because some people on here were rude to
you! IIRC you admitted you were at fault at the time and whined about
how rude people were to you.

Live by the sword, die by the sword, sonny!

The Wests owe me nothing. Do they owe you anything?
Old August 21st 05, 10:21 PM
redTed

>>>IIRC, no one really disagreed that RL might not appear. It was more your
>>>rudeness towards the Wests - who owed you nothing btw- that people didn't
>>>like.

>> Rudeness on Usenet ????? Whatever next.
>> In the great scheme of things, my "rudeness" was rather tame compared to
>> some of the crap going on even now in this ng.
>>
>> Apparently the West's didn't owe anybody anything. Hands up all those
>> who've actually played any car sims designed by the West's.
>> Perhaps you're one of the nitwits who forked out for their merchandise.
>>

> Sorry, I thought you were upset because some people on here were rude to
> you! IIRC you admitted you were at fault at the time and whined about how
> rude people were to you.

Already stated that..."It was something that seriously ****ed me off at the
time tho."
Sorry, you're memory must be fading with age. Your take on the fiasco reeks
of D.Ellison.
I claim my £5 Dougie boy.

> The Wests owe me nothing. Do they owe you anything?

How about an apology for leading so many ppl up the garden path ?
Or selling them products to fund their scam.
etc....

A tin of Salmon looks like the only thing I'll ever get made by anybody
called West.
And I hate fish.

Old August 21st 05, 10:41 PM
Larry Lindstrom

reggie white wrote:
> The West Brothers have announced what most of us already knew. Racing
> Legends is officially cancelled.

Hi Reggie:

Where did you see this? I saw nothing on their site.
Nothing new anyway. It's still the race transporter
page they had up a year and a half ago.

It's sad, if true. I have no reason to doubt their
sincerity. What would be the point? But I can't
understand why a modest interim product couldn't be
released, to give them some capital and us something to
look at.

I have a feeling that only now, with multiple dual
core Opterons, would we start to have the compute power
needed to realize their ambitious vision.

Larry
Old August 21st 05, 11:18 PM
redTed

> Hi Reggie:
>
> Where did you see this? I saw nothing on their site.
> Nothing new anyway. It's still the race transporter
> page they had up a year and a half ago.
>
> It's sad, if true. I have no reason to doubt their
> sincerity. What would be the point? But I can't
> understand why a modest interim product couldn't be
> released, to give them some capital and us something to
> look at.
>
> I have a feeling that only now, with multiple dual
> core Opterons, would we start to have the compute power
> needed to realize their ambitious vision.
>
> Larry

Shouldn't this be in the "Just for laffs ;-)" thread ?

Old August 22nd 05, 04:51 AM
Bruce Kennewell

Don't tell me...........they couldn't get a replacement for the bloody cat?

BK

Old August 22nd 05, 06:25 AM

reggie you are insanely badass.

Old August 22nd 05, 06:40 AM
Mitch_A

Figures.. I knew I never liked you, this cements it. Must you use an
alter ego to give yourself a compliment?

Now that I think about some of your previous nonsense Id bet
Fredrickson/Reggie/Flightless are the same fool, or a Kindergarden class
sneaking access through their teachers pc.

oups.com...