"No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

Old December 30th 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Car Crashes Mean Car Sales - GM loves highway criminals

Default "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

"No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa

Tampa, Florida-- With New Year's Eve only days away, the National
Highway Traffic Safety Administration expects this to be one of the
deadliest weeks of the year on the roads.

But now a new weapon is being used in the fight against drunk driving.

It's a change that could make you more likely to be convicted.

"I think it's a great deterrent for people," said Linda Unfried, from
Mother's Against Drunk Driving in Hillsborough County.

Florida is among several states now holding what are called "no
refusal" checkpoints.

It means if you refuse a breath test during a traffic stop, a judge is
on site, and issues a warrant that allows police to perform a
mandatory blood test.

It's already being done in several counties, and now Unfried is
working to bring it to the Tampa Bay area.

(snip)

Old December 30th 10, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer[_7_]

S4B spewed:

>"I think it's a great deterrent for people," said Linda Unfried, from
>Mother's Against Drunk Driving in Hillsborough County.

Good. I hope that both you and this old MADD hen get stopped at every
one.

--
"Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS," supports letting
drunks drive:

"Yup - another scam by the automakers to increase car
prices and thereby profits for themeselves."

--"Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS," 3/27/07
Ref: http://snipurl.com/1dwi4
Message ID: .net
Old December 30th 10, 11:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
richard

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:17:31 -0800 (PST), Car Crashes Mean Car Sales - GM
loves highway criminals wrote:

> "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa
>
> Tampa, Florida-- With New Year's Eve only days away, the National
> Highway Traffic Safety Administration expects this to be one of the
> deadliest weeks of the year on the roads.
>
> But now a new weapon is being used in the fight against drunk driving.
>
> It's a change that could make you more likely to be convicted.
>
> "I think it's a great deterrent for people," said Linda Unfried, from
> Mother's Against Drunk Driving in Hillsborough County.
>
> Florida is among several states now holding what are called "no
> refusal" checkpoints.
>
> It means if you refuse a breath test during a traffic stop, a judge is
> on site, and issues a warrant that allows police to perform a
> mandatory blood test.
>
> It's already being done in several counties, and now Unfried is
> working to bring it to the Tampa Bay area.
>

> (snip)

Hell, in Ohio and other states, if you refuse the breathalyzer, the cop
takes your license. IOW, immediate suspension.
Old December 31st 10, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
edward ohare

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:17:31 -0800 (PST), Car Crashes Mean Car Sales -
GM loves highway criminals > wrote:

>"No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa
>
>Tampa, Florida-- With New Year's Eve only days away, the National
>Highway Traffic Safety Administration expects this to be one of the
>deadliest weeks of the year on the roads.
>
>But now a new weapon is being used in the fight against drunk driving.
>
>It's a change that could make you more likely to be convicted.
>
>"I think it's a great deterrent for people," said Linda Unfried, from
>Mother's Against Drunk Driving in Hillsborough County.
>
>Florida is among several states now holding what are called "no
>refusal" checkpoints.
>
>It means if you refuse a breath test during a traffic stop, a judge is
>on site, and issues a warrant that allows police to perform a
>mandatory blood test.
>
>It's already being done in several counties, and now Unfried is
>working to bring it to the Tampa Bay area.
>

>(snip)

I'm surprised. I figured given the north Florida attitudes, refusal
would result in immediate execution. Especially with a police chief
who thinks "suspect" means "guilty until proven innocent".
Old December 31st 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are Murderers

On Dec 30, 5:52*pm, edward ohare
> wrote:
>
> I'm surprised. *I figured given the north Florida attitudes, refusal
> would result in immediate execution. *Especially with a police chief
> who thinks "suspect" means "guilty until proven innocent".- Hide quoted text -

Why do you want to coddle drunk drivers?. They are literally a
thousand times bigger problem than terrorists.
Old December 31st 10, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking

On Dec 30, 3:19*pm, richard > wrote:

> Hell, in Ohio and other states, if you refuse the breathalyzer, the cop
> takes your license. IOW, immediate suspension.-

Hey stupid. Drunk drivers and killers and maimers. Stop crying about
their rights - they don't have any.
Old December 31st 10, 02:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 12/30/2010 08:20 PM, Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are Murderers wrote:
> On Dec 30, 3:19 pm, > wrote:
>>>

>> Hell, in Ohio and other states, if you refuse the breathalyzer, the cop
>> takes your license. IOW, immediate suspension.-

> Hey stupid. Drunk drivers and killers and maimers. Stop crying about
> their rights - they don't have any.

what about the rest of us? Shouldn't I have the right to just go about
my business without being hassled unless I'm actually, individually
suspected of a crime?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old December 31st 10, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer[_7_]

S4B spewed:

>Hey stupid. Drunk drivers and killers and maimers. Stop crying about
>their rights - they don't have any.

That will be untill your drunk ass is busted. Then all of a sudden you
will be squealing about your, "rights," like the fat pig you are.

Have you forgotten your reaction when you were busted for speeding:

--

Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS (a.k.a. SFB) admits to being
a deadly speeder, psychopath and criminal coddler (gramatical

"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America (c.k.a. Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/Speeders And Drunk Drivers
Are Murderers (SADDAM)), 10/3/2002
http://tinyurl.com/5u4wg

Proof that POA is LBMHB/lbVH/SADDAM:
See the following: http://tinyurl.com/ahphj
Old December 31st 10, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Lil Abner

On 12/30/2010 1:17 PM, Car Crashes Mean Car Sales - GM loves highway
criminals wrote:

> "No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa
>
> Tampa, Florida-- With New Year's Eve only days away, the National
> Highway Traffic Safety Administration expects this to be one of the
> deadliest weeks of the year on the roads.
>
> But now a new weapon is being used in the fight against drunk driving.
>
> It's a change that could make you more likely to be convicted.
>
> "I think it's a great deterrent for people," said Linda Unfried, from
> Mother's Against Drunk Driving in Hillsborough County.
>
> Florida is among several states now holding what are called "no
> refusal" checkpoints.
>
> It means if you refuse a breath test during a traffic stop, a judge is
> on site, and issues a warrant that allows police to perform a
> mandatory blood test.
>
> It's already being done in several counties, and now Unfried is
> working to bring it to the Tampa Bay area.
>

> (snip)

It's not great whatever the intention or reason.
It won't be long til they will pass legislation, like Britain, jsut
struck down, allowing Police to randomly pat down and search, without
any justification.
We have allowed the police state to take over America.
We have cameras everywhere. They wanted to and maybe have placed videos,
at checkouts of stores encouraging people to be on the look out for any
behavior outside, what they consider normal.
We probably need to re read 1984 to pick up some pointers to stay out of
the line of fire or suspicion by the new police state.
I don't recognize the Republic of my youth.
They want to stop the majority of DUIs they should stop selling
individual alcoholic drinks at every 7-11 and corner gas station.
They pull in get a quart of booze, in a paper bag, and drink it driving
down the road.
Old December 31st 10, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
richard

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 20:54:57 -0500, necromancer wrote:

> S4B spewed:
>
>>Hey stupid. Drunk drivers and killers and maimers. Stop crying about
>>their rights - they don't have any.

> That will be untill your drunk ass is busted. Then all of a sudden you
> will be squealing about your, "rights," like the fat pig you are.
>
> Have you forgotten your reaction when you were busted for speeding:

"You can't do this to me! I'm an illegal American citizen. President Obama
said so!"