Peak Oil

Old May 22nd 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,talk.politics.misc,rec.autos.driving
Henry[_1_]

Default Peak Oil

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/4019

"Robert Hirsch, author of Peaking of World Oil Production:
Impacts, Mitigation, and Risk Management (a.k.a. the
Hirsch Report), appeared on CNBC this morning. He said flat
out that new technologies and new drilling won't solve the
peak oil problem, and that we should expect $12-15/gallon
gasoline followed by rationing."

--

http://911research.wtc7.net

Here's what happens to steel framed buildings exposed
to raging infernos for hours on end.

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/anal...are/fires.html
http://davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr69c.html

On 9-11-01, WTC7, a 47 story steel framed building, which
had only small, random fires, dropped in perfect symmetry
at near free fall speed as in a perfectly executed controlled
demolition.

http://911research.wtc7.net/talks/wtc/videos.html

Ever wonder who benefits from the 700 MILLION
U.S. taxpayer dollars spent each DAY in Iraq?
http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?list=type&type=21

"They are waging a campaign of murder and destruction. And
there is no limit to the innocent lives they are willing to
take... men with blind hatred and armed with lethal weapons
who are capable of any atrocity... they respect no laws of
warfare or morality."
-bu$h describing his own illegal invasion of Iraq.
http://www.robert-fisk.com/iraqwarvictims_mar2003.htm

http://www.commondreams.org/
http://thirdworldtraveler.com/

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things
that matter." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is
not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable
to the American public."
-- Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

Don't let Bush do to the United States what his very close
friend and top campaign contributor, Ken Lay, did to Enron...
Old May 22nd 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,talk.politics.misc,rec.autos.driving
Sean_Q_

Henry wrote:

> http://www.theoildrum.com/node/4019
>
> "Robert Hirsch, author of Peaking of World Oil Production:
> Impacts, Mitigation, and Risk Management (a.k.a. the
> Hirsch Report), appeared on CNBC this morning. He said flat
> out that new technologies and new drilling won't solve the
> peak oil problem, and that we should expect $12-15/gallon
> gasoline followed by rationing."

Does that mean I should keep my Virago 250? What about all the people
who have bought the big SUV's? These monsters are still selling around
here; I see lots of new ones.

SQ
Old May 22nd 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,talk.politics.misc,rec.autos.driving
John A. Weeks III

In article >,
Henry > wrote:

> "Robert Hirsch, author of Peaking of World Oil Production:
> Impacts, Mitigation, and Risk Management (a.k.a. the
> Hirsch Report), appeared on CNBC this morning. He said flat
> out that new technologies and new drilling won't solve the
> peak oil problem, and that we should expect $12-15/gallon
> gasoline followed by rationing."

How come the peak oil people act just like the tinfoil hat
people did 10 years ago? Are they just as crazy? Or just
as stupid?

-john-

John A. Weeks III * * * * * 612-720-2854 * * * * *
Newave Communications * * * * * * * * * * * * http://www.johnweeks.com
Old May 22nd 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,talk.politics.misc,rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

On 2008-05-22, Henry > wrote:

> http://www.theoildrum.com/node/4019
>
> "Robert Hirsch, author of Peaking of World Oil Production:
> Impacts, Mitigation, and Risk Management (a.k.a. the
> Hirsch Report), appeared on CNBC this morning. He said flat
> out that new technologies and new drilling won't solve the
> peak oil problem, and that we should expect $12-15/gallon
> gasoline followed by rationing."

There is no shortage of oil. None. Zero zip. Put in an order with the
saudi's they will sell you as much as you can buy.

The scarcity is artifical. The main reason for the price increase is the
dollar.

Here, some simple math. Oil used to be ~$30/bbl. Now it's ~$130/bbl. The
euro used to be ~85 cents. That's 35 euro/bbl then. Now a euro is
~$1.58. That's 82 euro/bbl. Oil in euro terms is only 2.34X while in
dollars it is 4.33X. Now in terms of gold, because the euro inflates
too, oil isn't that much different.

http://www.kitco.com/ind/saville/may022006.html

And silver:

http://www.itulip.com/images/OilvsSi...03-2006-25.gif

As of today's close, 1960s 90% silver US coin, $0.35 face is worth
$4.55. Gasoline is still less than 35 cents a gallon in
US constitutional money.

Peak oil is a fraud. High prices are due to fiat money. There are no
shortages, there is no production supply problem of any significance.
Oil companies continue to increase their reserves faster than sales.

Old May 22nd 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,talk.politics.misc,rec.autos.driving
Kenneth P. Turvey

Followup-To set to rec.motorcycles.

On Wed, 21 May 2008 20:23:43 -0500, John A. Weeks III wrote:

> How come the peak oil people act just like the tinfoil hat people did 10
> years ago? Are they just as crazy? Or just as stupid?

Even if they are wrong today, they are doomed to be right before long.
We just aren't making any new oil, and we won't be any time soon, in any
quantity that matters.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey >
Old May 22nd 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,talk.politics.misc,rec.autos.driving
Timberwoof

In article >,
Brent P > wrote:

> On 2008-05-22, Henry > wrote:
> >
> > http://www.theoildrum.com/node/4019
> >
> > "Robert Hirsch, author of Peaking of World Oil Production:
> > Impacts, Mitigation, and Risk Management (a.k.a. the
> > Hirsch Report), appeared on CNBC this morning. He said flat
> > out that new technologies and new drilling won't solve the
> > peak oil problem, and that we should expect $12-15/gallon
> > gasoline followed by rationing."

> There is no shortage of oil. None. Zero zip. Put in an order with the
> saudi's they will sell you as much as you can buy.
>
> The scarcity is artifical. The main reason for the price increase is the
> dollar.
>
> Here, some simple math. Oil used to be ~$30/bbl. Now it's ~$130/bbl. The
> euro used to be ~85 cents. That's 35 euro/bbl then. Now a euro is
> ~$1.58. That's 82 euro/bbl. Oil in euro terms is only 2.34X while in
> dollars it is 4.33X. Now in terms of gold, because the euro inflates
> too, oil isn't that much different.
>
> http://www.kitco.com/ind/saville/may022006.html
>
> And silver:
>
> http://www.itulip.com/images/OilvsSi...03-2006-25.gif
>
> As of today's close, 1960s 90% silver US coin, $0.35 face is worth
> $4.55. Gasoline is still less than 35 cents a gallon in
> US constitutional money.
>
> Peak oil is a fraud. High prices are due to fiat money. There are no
> shortages, there is no production supply problem of any significance.
> Oil companies continue to increase their reserves faster than sales.

Nope. Not true, Brent. My father's a petroleum geologist and he confirms
it. Keynesian economics only works where resources are plentiful; what
you're proposing is just wishful thinking.

--
Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com>
faq: http://www.timberwoof.com/motorcycle/faq.shtml
Old May 22nd 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,talk.politics.misc,rec.autos.driving
Timberwoof

In article >,
"John A. Weeks III" > wrote:

> In article >,
> Henry > wrote:
>
> > "Robert Hirsch, author of Peaking of World Oil Production:
> > Impacts, Mitigation, and Risk Management (a.k.a. the
> > Hirsch Report), appeared on CNBC this morning. He said flat
> > out that new technologies and new drilling won't solve the
> > peak oil problem, and that we should expect $12-15/gallon
> > gasoline followed by rationing."

> How come the peak oil people act just like the tinfoil hat
> people did 10 years ago? Are they just as crazy? Or just
> as stupid?

What do you mean? The peak oil people I know have presented their
research with plenty of past examples that prove their hypothesis and
methods correct. It's sound science, if you'd just look into it.

Look the first peak-oil nutcase presented his bad news in the 1950s ...
and was proven right earlier than he predicted. And all the principles
of peak oil get proven over and over at oil fields all over the world.
There's only so much and you can get it out only so fast. If you try to
get it faster, you'll end up getting less out. Remember the famous oil
gushers of the early 20th century? They were all tapped out within a
year. Had they limited production, more oil would have been recoverable.

So how come you're acting like the creationists? Are you just as crazy,
or just as stupid?

Old May 22nd 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,talk.politics.misc,rec.autos.driving
Timberwoof

In article <ni3Zj.155692$rd2.78167@pd7urf3no>, Sean_Q_ >
wrote:

> Henry wrote:
> >
> > http://www.theoildrum.com/node/4019
> >
> > "Robert Hirsch, author of Peaking of World Oil Production:
> > Impacts, Mitigation, and Risk Management (a.k.a. the
> > Hirsch Report), appeared on CNBC this morning. He said flat
> > out that new technologies and new drilling won't solve the
> > peak oil problem, and that we should expect $12-15/gallon
> > gasoline followed by rationing."

> Does that mean I should keep my Virago 250?

Yeah, keep it until it's uneconomical, and then scrap it.

> What about all the people
> who have bought the big SUV's? These monsters are still selling around
> here; I see lots of new ones.

Basically, they're ****ed. They will eventually have to scrap their
fatmobiles.

Old May 22nd 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,talk.politics.misc,rec.autos.driving
GortWeasel

On Wed, 21 May 2008 20:30:18 -0500, Brent P wrote:

> Peak oil is a fraud. High prices are due to fiat money. There are no
> shortages, there is no production supply problem of any significance.
> Oil companies continue to increase their reserves faster than sales.

Yup. The price of oil is rising because the price of oil is rising. There
is no other reason. The good news about price bubbles is that they
eventually break.
Old May 22nd 08, 06:33 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,talk.politics.misc,rec.autos.driving
Kenneth P. Turvey

On Wed, 21 May 2008 21:19:02 -0700, Timberwoof wrote:

> Nope. Not true, Brent. My father's a petroleum geologist and he confirms
> it. Keynesian economics only works where resources are plentiful; what
> you're proposing is just wishful thinking.

I disagree with him on the basic point. Oil supply isn't unlimited.
That doesn't mean that our currency isn't part of the problem. To buy a
1913 dollar will cost you $22.00 today. This is the fault of fiat money
to a large degree.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey >