iRacing = crack in a box

Old June 28th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
The Coward Robert Ford

Default iRacing = crack in a box

"0-0-0-0-0" > wrote in news:6bI8k.26669$kx.15486@pd7urf3no:

> NO !
>
> He's saying that iRacing is for "artsy-fartsy" people....
> and rFactor is for everyone else. LOL
>
> ( Easy Larry.... I am just making a pc-mac joke here! - no i-offense
> meant

Offending is my forte'! iRacing is for sandal wearing fags that need to be
spoon fed their pablum and rFactor is for cool geeks that like to tinker.
Old June 28th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
The Coward Robert Ford

"Larry" > wrote in :

> Ok, a few points, speaking for myself...
>
> First, the mess that rFactor has become is exactly what I want to get
> AWAY from.

Fag!
Old June 28th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
The Coward Robert Ford

"Larry" > wrote in news
> Yep. Can't keep up with it, it's utterly fragmented, completely out
> of control, and something I personally don't have the time to deal
> with.

Um, no it isn't. It is purely user choice as to what you install and play
in rFactor. The base game has the fantastic trainers so there is no need to
install any mods if you don't want to.
Old June 28th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
The Coward Robert Ford

"Ed Medlin" <ed@ edmedlin.com> wrote in
:

> I like rFactor fine. The main problem is that there are just so many
> mods......and a lot of them very much the same, that it gets confusing
> especially online.

Mods are user choice and not mandatory.
Old June 28th 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ronald Stoehr

David Fisher's Left Testicle wrote:

> "Ronald Stoehr" > wrote in message
>> David Fisher's Left Testicle wrote:
>>> Come on, admit it, the rFactor scene is a mess as far as just doing
>>> pick up races goes. The driving standard is appallingly low. I had a
>>> race in the Renault Megane Trophy and just got continuously punted
>>> off because people knew they could get away with hitting you as you
>>> turn into the corner.

>> Well, that's about as surprising as "the world is not flat"...
>>
>> Go to any server of any online game that is moddable (FPS, flight or
>> racing sim) -> big chance you don't have the right level, area or track.
>> It's just the silly bashing of rF for being what it is. If you don't like
>> it, get LfS or iRacing.
>>
>> BTW, who wants to race total strangers in a pick up race anyway?

> Well, lots of people who don't have time to schedule for proper league
> racing. It's rather stupid of you to pose that question! Shows your lack
> of empathy with the greater community.
>
> The fact is that iRacing is worth the extra money, for me, over rFactor.
> And looking at the whining surrounding the new Historic GT mod and the
> overall **** poor driving standards, I don't really want to be part of
> the online rFactor community any more. Also, people like you put me off.

I'm not driving online at all, ****wit. Just because of what I mentioned.
But IF you wanna drive rF online, you better get your five braincells together
and start a server with your buddies. Who's talking about a league, moron?

Yeah, you're as dumb as those twits complaining about the DVD check for
Historic GT....

Old June 28th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ronald Stoehr

The Coward Robert Ford wrote:
> "Ed Medlin" <ed@ edmedlin.com> wrote in
> :
>
>> I like rFactor fine. The main problem is that there are just so many
>> mods......and a lot of them very much the same, that it gets confusing
>> especially online.

> Mods are user choice and not mandatory.

Don't stress his feeble brain, it might pop...
Old June 29th 08, 08:32 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"The Coward Robert Ford" > wrote in message
> "Ed Medlin" <ed@ edmedlin.com> wrote in
> :
>
>> I like rFactor fine. The main problem is that there are just so many
>> mods......and a lot of them very much the same, that it gets confusing
>> especially online.

> Mods are user choice and not mandatory.

And off course you'll have loads of people to race if you just stick with
the original content. <ROLLS EYES>

Old June 29th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
The Coward Robert Ford

"David Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote in
:

> And off course you'll have loads of people to race if you just stick
> with the original content. <ROLLS EYES>

So? You just install a few of the more popular online racing mods. What's
so confusing about that? Hopefully you are rolling your eyes because you
are on your death bed.
Old June 29th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
0-0-0-0-0

Well excuse me for being so "dumb"

but it would have been NICE to find out this "little requirement" BEFORE
doing the 6 large downloads.

I don't know about complaining the need --- but I do know the problems
with NOT TRYING TO LET PEOPLE KNOW IN ADVANCE of their downloading time and
bandwidth. That's STUPID or DUMB

This should be the first line of the "mod" description:

NOTE - GTL DVD REQUIRED TO INSTALL THIS er, mod.

It's so easy and yet the decision seems to have been made to make this point
somehow moot.

******* FINAL NOTE ********

Due to the use of GTL's 3D models, and the big respect we have for the great
work Simbin did creating that game, a valid GTL DVD is going to be required
to install the mod in rFactor.

------ oh, yeah, after getting this far..... if you don't have a GTL DVD -
throw away everything you have done up to here.

Final point? WTF. That should have been the FIRST point. Not the last.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Old June 29th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

Just buy a copy, you tight cnut!

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ_n...romZR40QQ_mdoZ