Ride an SUB not an SUV

Old May 2nd 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Amy Blankenship

Default Ride an SUB not an SUV

"Bill" > wrote in message
. net...
> Nate Nagel wrote:
>> George Conklin wrote:
>>>
>>> Quick.....call up Toyota and tell them about this.
>>>

>> They're probably evaluating them already. An ultra-cap does have some
>> advantages over the batteries.
>>
>> nate
>>

> They should be. It's the best thing I have seen in capacitors for quite a
> while. At least someone knows what an ultra-cap is.

I don't know... Aren't those the same thing Dr. Emmett Brown was using in
1985?

-Amy

Old May 2nd 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Bill[_19_]

Amy Blankenship wrote:
> "Bill" > wrote in message
> . net...
>> Nate Nagel wrote:
>>>>

>>> They're probably evaluating them already. An ultra-cap does have some
>>> advantages over the batteries.
>>>
>>> nate
>>>

>> They should be. It's the best thing I have seen in capacitors for quite a
>> while. At least someone knows what an ultra-cap is.

> I don't know... Aren't those the same thing Dr. Emmett Brown was using in
> 1985?
>
> -Amy

Not FLUX capacitors.
Time storage in a bottle?
Bill Baka
Old May 2nd 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Amy Blankenship

"Bill" > wrote in message
t...
> Amy Blankenship wrote:
>> "Bill" > wrote in message
>> . net...

>>> They should be. It's the best thing I have seen in capacitors for quite
>>> a while. At least someone knows what an ultra-cap is.

>> I don't know... Aren't those the same thing Dr. Emmett Brown was using in
>> 1985?
>>
>> -Amy

> Not FLUX capacitors.
> Time storage in a bottle?

If I could save Time in a bottle
The first thing that Id like to do
Is to save every day
Til Eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

Don't take it personally, Bill... It's just a song ;-)

Old May 2nd 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Bill[_19_]

Amy Blankenship wrote:
> "Bill" > wrote in message
> t...
>> Amy Blankenship wrote:
>>> "Bill" > wrote in message
>>> . net...

>>> I don't know... Aren't those the same thing Dr. Emmett Brown was using in
>>> 1985?
>>>
>>> -Amy

>> Not FLUX capacitors.
>> Time storage in a bottle?

> If I could save Time in a bottle
> The first thing that Id like to do
> Is to save every day
> Til Eternity passes away
> Just to spend them with you
>
> Don't take it personally, Bill... It's just a song ;-)

I know, the tune came up in my head. That was a good time for me when
that song came out.
Time flies when you aren't looking.
Bill (rained out day of reminiscence) Baka
Old May 8th 07, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Chris[_16_]

Default Iraq responsibility was promoting "smart growth"

dgk > wrote in
:

> On 07 May 2007 20:03:24 GMT, Chris > wrote:

(Matthew T. Russotto) wrote in
:

after

troops

daily

>>> Iraq can't work. As soon as the US leaves, the civil war will heat

up
>>> full time and continue until some group hostile to the US comes out

on
>>> top. This is inevitable, unless the US maintains the occupation
>>> indefinitely.
>>>

>>I think that is the US governmaents intent

> That was unclear. Do you think the intent is to have a group hostile
> to US interests come out on top, or to have a permanent occupation. I
> can make a case for either.
>
> The permanent occupation is a likely goal, because we are, after all,
> building 14 permanent bases including the "US Embassy", actually one
> huge base. This will give the US control of the oil.
>
> However a hostile government is also a plus, depending on how one
> defines US interests. If the interests are those of the average
> American, this is a bad thing. But if you're talking about corporate
> interests, then an enemy is great. After the collapse of the Soviet
> Union, it was looking like we could actually get a reduction in
> military spending, I think we were hoping for something called a
> "peace dividend".
>
> That, however, was a threat to the corporations that make their
> obscene profits from the war industries; that's what Eisenhower was
> referring to with his "military-industrial complex" speech. So, we
> needed another enemy. They tried using Gadaffi but even they couldn't
> blow him up into a real threat.
>
> Of course, we managed to blow Iran into a huge threat now, so perhaps
> we can just take Iraq and still have Iran as a boogyman. Yes, that's a
> good plan. Something that Republicans and Democrats can agree on,
> since they both feed off the GE-NBC-Etc corporate teat. Hmm, let's
> see, yes, combining large "defense" industries with the dominant media
> companies! What a great idea.

You hit the nail.........

Old May 8th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
dgk

Pic of YOUR ride?? 4X4PLAY Jeep 42 January 11th 06 12:33 AM
My Ride New Pic Spike Ford Mustang 15 October 14th 05 09:49 PM
My ride... Spike Ford Mustang 8 October 11th 05 12:59 AM
'03 Ion Ride teem Saturn 5 April 20th 05 01:20 AM
Taken for a ride? Dan Mazda 3 February 9th 05 11:29 PM