Desperate Ford Runs Fictional Ad For That Rattletrap Mustang

Old December 4th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_1_]

Default Desperate Ford Runs Fictional Ad For That Rattletrap Mustang

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> But you got to love it when $28K (GT) or $40K Mustang (Shelby) smokes a
> higher-priced performance car! Anyone got some stories to tell?

Here's one. Saturday a new Shelby with Nitto ??? very sticky rear tires was
able to turn a 13.8 here. A decent SRT4 Neon or Mitsubishi Evolution (One
ran 12.8's all day) could feed it lunch But the Mustang was beautiful.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=100430

About those Nitto tires. What ever they are, man are they sticky. They were
completely covered with pebbles after coming back. We were running brand new
Hoosier's, after two passes I touched both tires, the Nitto's were way
stickier. So, how long do they last on the street, 2,000 miles?

Al

Old December 4th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
razz

What extra's were added to the evo, cause it only does 14's in a quarter in
stock form?

Old December 4th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Backyard Mechanic

Default Desperate wannabe poster with matchbox Ferraris

wrote:

> Cobra "blowing away" Ferraris and Porsches on the autobahn in
> Germany....

I didnt see that Cobra blowing any of those away... nor did I get the
impression that was the object.

> You can have all of the HP you want, YOU STILL NEED TO ADDRESS
> POWER/WEIGHT, AERODYNAMICS, HANDLING & BRAKING. Detroit always FAILS
> MISERABLY at all four.

They do?

> This is why a) this ad is based on fiction
>
> b) America STILL cannot build real sports cars
>
> c) YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. A $28,000 Ford is only
> as good as a $28,000 car can be.

Show us a $28,000 European car that can match a slightly set-up GT on the
straight and curves

And that is why Daimler laughed at Henry and the model T.

> Stop trying to pretend you're getting "value". It does NOT EXIST when
> you try to compare European or Japanese sports cars to the wannabe crap
> Detroit churns out every year.
>
> If you are a NASCAR, pls disregard-- as this is WAY over your heads.

The ad must have struck a chord... the pimple face dreams of a big-time
Ferrari or Posche on the autobahn. thinking he would draw attention .

And just realized because of that commercial that no one would even turn
their heads.

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old December 4th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Neko-

>The ad must have struck a chord... the pimple face dreams of a big-time Ferrari or Posche on the autobahn. thinking he would draw attention

You're more likely to draw attention with a Mustang on the german
Autobahn then driving a Porsche... A Ferrari is a toss-up.

Afterall... Mustangs aren't sold in Europe through the mainstream
channels. If you want a Porsche, it's not THAT hard to find a dealer
that sells them. Again, Ferrari's are a toss-up.

Mustangs on european roads are more abundant then Ferrari's... But
still way less abundant then Porsches.

Meh... I should get my Mustang over the border next summer or so and
see what she's capable of :P

Neko-

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:44:12 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

Old December 4th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.sports.football.pro,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets
Michael[_3_]

Because the original poster is an idiot/troll.

Old December 5th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL

Big Al wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>

>>But you got to love it when $28K (GT) or $40K Mustang (Shelby) smokes a
>>higher-priced performance car! Anyone got some stories to tell?
>>

> Here's one. Saturday a new Shelby with Nitto ??? very sticky rear tires was
> able to turn a 13.8 here. A decent SRT4 Neon or Mitsubishi Evolution (One
> ran 12.8's all day) could feed it lunch But the Mustang was beautiful.
> http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=100430
>
> About those Nitto tires. What ever they are, man are they sticky. They were
> completely covered with pebbles after coming back. We were running brand new
> Hoosier's, after two passes I touched both tires, the Nitto's were way
> stickier. So, how long do they last on the street, 2,000 miles?
>
> Al

The Shelby can do better than that, hell, I did a 13.2 on KDWS RAIN
tires, and I'm a crappy driver.

--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces
Old December 5th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Backyard Mechanic

Neko- > wrote:

>>The ad must have struck a chord... the pimple face dreams of a
>>big-time Ferrari or Posche on the autobahn. thinking he would draw
>>attention

> You're more likely to draw attention with a Mustang on the german
> Autobahn then driving a Porsche... A Ferrari is a toss-up.
>
> Afterall... Mustangs aren't sold in Europe through the mainstream
> channels. If you want a Porsche, it's not THAT hard to find a dealer
> that sells them. Again, Ferrari's are a toss-up.
>
> Mustangs on european roads are more abundant then Ferrari's... But
> still way less abundant then Porsches.
>
> Meh... I should get my Mustang over the border next summer or so and
> see what she's capable of :P
>
> Neko-

Hey, Neko!

I'm sure everyone in the states has seen teh 'advert' but here it is,
anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ObUXS4KD7s

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old December 5th 06, 07:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.sports.football.pro,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets
Cobra65K

What is a 40 year old toyota or subaru worth today I wonder. And which
one of the Imports helped to start a Musclecar Industry Revolution? AC
was'nt european 40 years ago, and it wasnt imported either.This guy has
a right to his opinion but my guess is he hasn't set foot on foriegn
soil his short sheltered life.Nor do I believe that he's owned a car
without his folks siging for, or just buying it. If he's baseing his
outlook on his own experience, then maybe he ought to put down the
Video games and find a job to be able to afford a test trive in one.

Old December 5th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Neko-

I already figured it was that commercial

Yeah, seen it a while ago. Also saw one with the black Stang with the
golden strips and two cops hauling the owner off to the bureau... Just
not yet :P

I did mean what I said tho. Porsches are one in a bundle here...
Mustangs are pretty rare. Ferrari's are arguably much rarer. But that
probably also has to do with the pricing.

As cheap as you get a Mustang in the US from the dealer is impossible
pricing here. Moreso since it also contains some of the costs for the
actual transport to here, aswell as the government raising some taxes
on the vehicle (damn them).

Still... Porsche pricing is still higher then the Mustang. And Ferrari
just tops it all based solely on the brand 'Ferrari'. The head-turning
value of the Ferrari is probably higher then the Mustang, but both
outdo the Porsche easily. Porsche's are just around on the road too
much to really capture the attention.

Neko-