No Use Crying Over Spilt Milk...

Old March 29th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default No Use Crying Over Spilt Milk...

> Scott en Aztlán:
> An interesting detail I missed befo apparently a driver ENTERING
> the freeway from an OFF-ramp caused several vehicles, including the
> milk truck, to spin out on the wet road. I hope they find the MFFY
> prick who caused this and yank his license...

Oh, I'm sure that the brainiacs in the police (and the carl troller and
LBMHB mentalities in this group) will find some way to twist and pervert
the facts of the accident to make it a "speed related," accident.

Old March 29th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
> > Scott en Aztlán:
> > An interesting detail I missed befo apparently a driver ENTERING
> > the freeway from an OFF-ramp caused several vehicles, including the
> > milk truck, to spin out on the wet road. I hope they find the MFFY
> > prick who caused this and yank his license...

> Oh, I'm sure that the brainiacs in the police (and the carl troller and
> LBMHB mentalities in this group) will find some way to twist and pervert
> the facts of the accident to make it a "speed related," accident.

According to gpsman in another thread, -any- crash would be
automatically written up as speed related before he even investigates
and no matter what the speed was at the time. Makes life simple for
the cop I guess.

Harry K

Old March 30th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Harry K" > writes:
>necromancer wrote:
>> > Scott en Aztl=E1n:
>> > An interesting detail I missed befo apparently a driver ENTERING
>> > the freeway from an OFF-ramp caused several vehicles, including the
>> > milk truck, to spin out on the wet road. I hope they find the MFFY
>> > prick who caused this and yank his license...

>> Oh, I'm sure that the brainiacs in the police (and the carl troller and
>> LBMHB mentalities in this group) will find some way to twist and pervert
>> the facts of the accident to make it a "speed related," accident.

>According to gpsman in another thread, -any- crash would be
>automatically written up as speed related before he even investigates
>and no matter what the speed was at the time. Makes life simple for
>the cop I guess.

Writing up a crash as being caused by something, without adequate
investigation is tantamount to providing false evidence.
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign | "Laws do not persuade just because
X against HTML mail | they threaten."
/ \ and postings | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.
Old March 30th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Bernd Felsche:
> Writing up a crash as being caused by something, without adequate
> investigation is tantamount to providing false evidence.

Since when does that stop the "speed kills," crowd and their co-
conspirators in law enforcement?

Old March 30th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >,
Bernd Felsche > wrote:
>necromancer > writes:
>
>>> Bernd Felsche:
>>> Writing up a crash as being caused by something, without adequate
>>> investigation is tantamount to providing false evidence.

>>Since when does that stop the "speed kills," crowd and their co-
>>conspirators in law enforcement?

>Ask the judiciary why it accepts works of fiction as evidence.

They're mostly former prosecutors. They helped write the scripts cops
use in court; it's no wonder they are fans of them.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old March 30th 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Harry K wrote:
> necromancer wrote:
> > > Scott en Aztlán:
> > > An interesting detail I missed befo apparently a driver ENTERING
> > > the freeway from an OFF-ramp caused several vehicles, including the
> > > milk truck, to spin out on the wet road. I hope they find the MFFY
> > > prick who caused this and yank his license...

> > Oh, I'm sure that the brainiacs in the police (and the carl troller and
> > LBMHB mentalities in this group) will find some way to twist and pervert
> > the facts of the accident to make it a "speed related," accident.

> According to gpsman in another thread, -any- crash would be
> automatically written up as speed related before he even investigates
> and no matter what the speed was at the time. Makes life simple for
> the cop I guess.

Harry. Don't be a knucklehead. I didn't say anything of the sort.

Try to distinguish between "speed related" and "speed-ing related"
crashes. They're different. Assuming they're identical and that one
automatically means the other makes people look... not smart. Most
posters here wouldn't notice, but a few will.

Speed related can mean -any- speed... but it usually means "too fast
for conditions" and has absolutely no relationship to the speed limit.
Sometimes speed-ing inserts itself into speed related, but only when
it's applicable.

Obviously, to all but the most sluggish of intellect, they are not the
same. I think I could explain the difference to a mildly retarded
person as long as they weren't constantly on the lookout for a
rationalization and/or justification of their own speed-ing.

22350 makes no mention of speed limits or speed-ing.

Basic Speed Law

22350. No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed
greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather,
visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway,
and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or
property.
-----

- gpsman

Old March 30th 06, 08:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Around 3/29/2006 10:19 PM, gpsman wrote:

> Harry K wrote:
>> According to gpsman in another thread, -any- crash would be
>> automatically written up as speed related before he even investigates
>> and no matter what the speed was at the time. Makes life simple for
>> the cop I guess.

> Harry. Don't be a knucklehead. I didn't say anything of the sort.
>
> Try to distinguish between "speed related" and "speed-ing related"
> crashes. They're different.

Of course they're different: The former is so common that it is involved
in _every_single_collision_, and the latter is so rare that it may as
well not exist.

Unfortunately, the people who collect stats about this kind of thing
rarely make any such distinction.

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.
Old March 30th 06, 09:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Garth Almgren > writes:
>Around 3/29/2006 10:19 PM, gpsman wrote:
>> Harry K wrote:

>>> According to gpsman in another thread, -any- crash would be
>>> automatically written up as speed related before he even investigates
>>> and no matter what the speed was at the time. Makes life simple for
>>> the cop I guess.

>> Harry. Don't be a knucklehead. I didn't say anything of the sort.

>> Try to distinguish between "speed related" and "speed-ing related"
>> crashes. They're different.

>Of course they're different: The former is so common that it is involved
>in _every_single_collision_, and the latter is so rare that it may as
>well not exist.

>Unfortunately, the people who collect stats about this kind of thing
>rarely make any such distinction.

By what measure are crashes commonly "speed related"?

http://bernd.felsche.org/SENSE/speedkills.html

About a third of crashes are "speed related" by authorities. Many of
those attributions are dubious. Most "failing to give way" type of
crashes are attributed to speed.

The real failure is the inability to distinguish between the cause
(failing to give way) and aggravating factors like "speed".
Old March 30th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

gpsman wrote:
> Harry K wrote:
> > >
> > > Oh, I'm sure that the brainiacs in the police (and the carl troller and
> > > LBMHB mentalities in this group) will find some way to twist and pervert
> > > the facts of the accident to make it a "speed related," accident.

> > According to gpsman in another thread, -any- crash would be
> > automatically written up as speed related before he even investigates
> > and no matter what the speed was at the time. Makes life simple for
> > the cop I guess.

> Harry. Don't be a knucklehead. I didn't say anything of the sort.
>
> Try to distinguish between "speed related" and "speed-ing related"
> crashes. They're different. Assuming they're identical and that one
> automatically means the other makes people look... not smart. Most
> posters here wouldn't notice, but a few will.
>
> Speed related can mean -any- speed... but it usually means "too fast
> for conditions" and has absolutely no relationship to the speed limit.
> Sometimes speed-ing inserts itself into speed related, but only when
> it's applicable.
>
> Obviously, to all but the most sluggish of intellect, they are not the
> same. I think I could explain the difference to a mildly retarded
> person as long as they weren't constantly on the lookout for a
> rationalization and/or justification of their own speed-ing.
>
> 22350 makes no mention of speed limits or speed-ing.
>
> Basic Speed Law
>
> 22350. No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed
> greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather,
> visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway,
> and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or
> property.
> -----
>
> - gpsman

Since you didn't seem to want to answer this in the other thread, I
will ask it here again.

Man driving down the highway at the flow of traffic which is very near
the posted in this case in bare and dry conditions. He is talking on CP
and doesn't notice that traffic is slowing until too late. He rear
ends the car in front. Now useing your "rear end" pull out and
explanation how that is in any way "speed related".

I will repeat what I said in the other thread again also. Any cop who
assumes "speed related" before investigation needs remedial training.

By the way, trying to use insults is a grade school tactic. Didn't
work back then, doesn't work now.

Harry K