Leon shows off the 'other side' of his brain

Old October 15th 05, 10:54 PM
Chris D'Agnolo

Default Leon shows off the 'other side' of his brain

I couldn't stand for this eloquent prose to flow and go basically unseen by
the masses. Pat raised the question of Leon replacing 'Bozo' and Leon got
sentimental! I mean he did it up right and said it like allot of us wish we
could and for that matter we all hope to have as many great adventures as it
seems Leon has with his faithful miata!

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> Never. I do regularly consider Bozo's new friend, however. When I get
> time for it, I plan to check out the new Miata, of which I have good hopes
> as a replacement I may like. I also saw a fairly nice MR-2 convertible
> at Auto-X last time, don't know which year, but seemed recent. I would
> really prefer an M1 Miata, but frankly, I do not have the time to deal
> with maintenance and putting some real power in the near future.
>
> Anyway, Bozo stays. He is not quite legal, and anyway, we go back
> a long way. We have driven incredibly scenic roads in the US and Canada
> together, stared down a black bear on the Cassiar and waited for a grizzly
> to cross the Alaska, raced through some of the great racetracks of the US,
> tumbled down the side of a mountain in Utah, winked Miatas all over
> North America, been shot in Tallahassee, killed a small deer in Montana,
> driven cheerleaders in parades, followed the Great Northern and the Great
> River Road, driven the deserts of Route 66 with the windows wide open and
> fan running to keep the engine from overheating, seen the start of the
> mighty Mississippi and the beauty of the badlands, driven the canopy roads
> of Tallahassee in winter and spring, and any other time we can, and every
> month the little guy is going to play at autocross with me. We have
> installed countless modifications, and Bozo has always been kind to the
> major blunders I made then, and never really stranded me. And now that
> I mention it, you all have helped me a lot with it too. Thanks.
>
> Bozo stays with me.
> Leon

Thanks Leon, that was good!
Chris
92BB&T

Old October 16th 05, 01:38 PM
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> I couldn't stand for this eloquent prose to flow and go basically unseen by
> the masses. Pat raised the question of Leon replacing 'Bozo' and Leon got
> sentimental! I mean he did it up right and said it like allot of us wish we
> could and for that matter we all hope to have as many great adventures as it
> seems Leon has with his faithful miata!

That was a rather good post. All this time I thought that Leon was
purely scientific with no real emotions, and it turns out he is more
sappy than a maple tree.
Now that we know the truth, I'll bet he cried harder than any of us when
Old Yeller died. ;-)

Leon has definitely traveled far more extensively in his miata than most
of us here. It takes a lot of time, motivation, and of course, money.

Still, not too bad an investment in my opinion. I have the motivation,
just need more free time and money.

Pat
Old October 16th 05, 03:39 PM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> Leon has definitely traveled far more extensively in his miata than most
> of us here. It takes a lot of time, motivation, and of course, money.
>
> Still, not too bad an investment in my opinion. I have the motivation,
> just need more free time and money.

No prob, Pat. Just get a job teaching rocket science with summers off.

Nice post, Leon.

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old October 16th 05, 03:59 PM
pws

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> No prob, Pat. Just get a job teaching rocket science with summers off.
>
> Nice post, Leon.
>
> ---
> Lanny Chambers
> '94C, St. Louis
> http://www.hummingbirds.net/alignment.html

I was hoping more for a sugar mama who likes to travel, but that has
eluded me so far. :-)

Involving me with anything related to rockets would be a really bad idea.

My apologies, BTW. 5+ years of car discussion and the fact that I use
your alignment settings is pretty good proof that I don't think you are
an idiot, and you were correct, it was not my best day(s) in my life.

Peace,

Pat
Old October 16th 05, 06:50 PM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> I was hoping more for a sugar mama who likes to travel, but that has
> eluded me so far. :-)

As long as you still have a pulse, there's hope...

> My apologies, BTW. 5+ years of car discussion and the fact that I use
> your alignment settings is pretty good proof that I don't think you are
> an idiot, and you were correct, it was not my best day(s) in my life.

No sweat. We all have days like that. With luck, you'll cut me a little
slack on my next one, even if I act like an idiot. :-)

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old October 16th 05, 11:18 PM
pws

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> No sweat. We all have days like that. With luck, you'll cut me a little
> slack on my next one, even if I act like an idiot. :-)
>
> ---
> Lanny Chambers
> '94C, St. Louis
> http://www.hummingbirds.net/alignment.html

Not a chance, butthead....

You can forgive me all you want, but I'll be watching you, ready to
insult people named Lanny, the city of St. Louis, hummingbirds, '94C red
miatas and anything else I can think of. ;-)

Thanks Lanny,

Pat