20 clients?

Old September 2nd 05, 11:28 PM
Praxiteles Democritus

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:47:57 GMT, Tony Rickard
> wrote:

>The jewel of rFactor is surely the Trainer. The potential for Formula 3,
>Formula Ford, Formula Renault type mods would seem great, providing
>quality tracks can be built.

What's to be done about the poor AI?

>Disagree on the graphics engine being average

Doesn't look that good to me. F1 '99-02' looks much better, IMO. It
doesn't even run all that great on my P4 3.0ghs, 1gb ram, X800XL. Put
more than ten cars on the track and turn up the video settings and on
some tracks the frame rate is poor.
Old September 2nd 05, 11:41 PM
Goy Larsen

Tony Rickard wrote:

> Praxiteles Democritus wrote:
> >>With the mods that are expected for the game, the community will
> >>be spread out from here to hell and back.

> > That's if the modders deem rFactor worthy of heavy modding. Unless ISI
> > fix the duff AI I don't see it being a worthwhile project. The
> > graphics engine is average, at best, too.

> The jewel of rFactor is surely the Trainer. The potential for Formula 3,
> Formula Ford, Formula Renault type mods would seem great, providing
> quality tracks can be built.
>
> Disagree on the graphics engine being average

F3 mod is already well underway, and it looks "decent"

Beers and cheers
(uncle) Goy

"When two or more people are gathered together in my name,
they shall perform the Parrot Sketch..."

--Our Lord John Cleese--
Old September 3rd 05, 05:02 AM
jason moyer

John Simmons wrote:

> I don't race offline, so I don't give a rats ass about the ai...

You only race online in groups smaller than 20?

Old September 3rd 05, 01:44 PM
Tony Rickard

Goy Larsen wrote:
>>The jewel of rFactor is surely the Trainer. The potential for Formula 3,
>>Formula Ford, Formula Renault type mods would seem great, providing
>>quality tracks can be built.
>>
>>Disagree on the graphics engine being average

> F3 mod is already well underway, and it looks "decent"

Yes, after writing this I found what looks to be well in development.

I assume you are referring to this:

http://www.stylelo.com/html/projects.htm

Cheers
Tony
Old September 3rd 05, 03:24 PM
Goy Larsen

Tony Rickard wrote:

> Goy Larsen wrote:
> >
> > F3 mod is already well underway, and it looks "decent"

> Yes, after writing this I found what looks to be well in development.
>
> I assume you are referring to this:
>
> http://www.stylelo.com/html/projects.htm

I sure did Tony, I believe this one will be quite a hit

Beers and cheers
(uncle) Goy

"The Pits" http://www.theuspits.com/

Old September 3rd 05, 05:22 PM
Mitch_A

GTR offline is a blast and has totally spoiled me. I never thought Id be an
offline person again but after so many years of online bull**** I just want
to get into a car and run some laps at my convenience against a good AI
without all the political bull**** that goes on in every league. Or worse
is all of the (LFS type) punks that roam the open servers running into each
other caring less about any kind of actual racing.

Simbin SAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitch

..

Old September 3rd 05, 06:45 PM
Tony Rickard

Mitch_A wrote:
> GTR offline is a blast and has totally spoiled me. I never thought Id be an
> offline person again but after so many years of online bull**** I just want
> to get into a car and run some laps at my convenience against a good AI
> without all the political bull**** that goes on in every league. Or worse
> is all of the (LFS type) punks that roam the open servers running into each
> other caring less about any kind of actual racing.

I think you have just been in the wrong leagues Mitch, there are some
true gentlemen racers out there.

The great thing about good AI is that you can tune it to give you just
the right amount of challenge and for the human to be competitive.
Racing on open servers it can be hard to find the right level.

However, a good league that can attract people with similar viewpoints
on levels of aggression, similar levels of speed and a true
understanding of online racing in my view is the ultimate in sim racing.

rFactor has an unfinished feeling to it. However, if there is the
genuine capability to create an excellent league series out of it then
for the well organised leagues this is all that will really matter.

Cheers
Tony
Old September 3rd 05, 07:56 PM
Mitch_A

Finding 15 people that can agree on ANYTHING is nearly impossible add to
that a sport that gives the ability to blatantly ruin another's fun without
consequence and we have the mess that is online sim racing, league or
other...

Right Freddy (Larry Bakesmith - Reggie White)...

Mitch.

.uk...