RSC's banning getting out of hand

Old September 1st 05, 09:21 AM
dangermouse

I don't quite understand what you are trying to point out here. Some of
those bannings are now quite old. I can understand your consideration for
recent ones but the rest is just raking up old stuff. As I said in a
and your cause a disservice trying to find old bannings.

Argue your point and refer to recent bannings but leave the old ones out.

Old September 1st 05, 09:32 AM
Jeff Reid

> I don't quite understand what you are trying to point out here. Some of those bannings are now quite old. I can
> understand your consideration for recent ones but the rest is just raking up old stuff. As I said in a previous post,
> I don't agree with their system but you are doing yourself and your cause a disservice trying to find old bannings.

I thought the bans only lasted a week for most people. Most of the
ban victims seem to have posted somewhat recently. I wasn't paying attention
to how old the bans were, this information isn't readily available at
RSC. Just started noting them as I was browsing RSC.

There are 3 or 4 recent ones where RSC seems to be claiming all of these
are new accounts created by me. Not sure why they aren't checking the
ip's or maybe they are just choosing to ignore the fact that some here
at RAS, other than me decided to try Sirocco's suggestion and ask
about the public warning system.

Old September 1st 05, 10:13 PM
Scirocco

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message

> 3 people instanbanned in just one thread, the implication
> from RSC moderators is that they are all me (none of them are
> me).
>
> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=138737

LOL Which post implies that we think all new members are you???

Old September 2nd 05, 12:00 AM
Jeff Reid

>> 3 people instanbanned in just one thread, the implication
>> from RSC moderators is that they are all me (none of them are
>> me).
>>
>> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=138737
>>

> LOL Which post implies that we think all new members are you???

Did you check the ip addresses?

Old September 2nd 05, 12:19 AM
Scirocco

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message
>>> 3 people instanbanned in just one thread, the implication
>>> from RSC moderators is that they are all me (none of them are
>>> me).
>>>
>>> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=138737
>>>

>> LOL Which post implies that we think all new members are you???

> Did you check the ip addresses?

What, no link?? Also, you obviously couldn't have read that thread. Well,
either that or your reading comprehension and ability to figure things out
just plain sucks. The 1st banned member there, "philippe charuest", was
banned OVER 1 YEAR AGO. If you bothered to view his other posts, you
could've easily inferred this. Out of the other 2, one openly admitted to
be using a duplicate account. That leaves 1, yep, just 1 member left there
that's banned. Again, where's the link that implies anyone thinks it's
you??

It'd be nice if you could come up with something, anything at all, to back
up whatever point it is you're trying to make.

Old September 2nd 05, 12:23 AM
Scirocco

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message
> There are 3 or 4 recent ones where RSC seems to be claiming all of these
> are new accounts created by me. Not sure why they aren't checking the
> ip's or maybe they are just choosing to ignore the fact that some here
> at RAS, other than me decided to try Sirocco's suggestion and ask
> about the public warning system.

Where are all these claims you keep mentioning?

Old September 2nd 05, 04:27 AM
Jeff Reid

>>> LOL Which post implies that we think all new members are you???

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=138737

Last post in the thread, Dan Murray:

"Yes, when a particular banned member insists on creating several new
accounts in order to troll and malign, a similar number of bannings
typically occur."

I just assumed this was a reference to me. So Dan is implying it's
yet another banned member from RSC and not me? Did anyone at RSC
bother to check the ip's to see if it really is the same person?

> That leaves 1, yep, just 1 member left there that's banned.

I had a friend do a search for threads by member. That 1 member
only had 4 posts, none of them even worthy of a warning, yet
RSC instabans him, why?

That instabanned same member and another instabanned member in
this thread. This was this other members only post, why was
this member banned?

> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=220900

Based on just these two victims of instanbanning, I'd say RSC
banning is getting out of hand.

Old September 2nd 05, 09:35 PM
Scirocco

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message

> I just assumed this was a reference to me. So Dan is implying it's
> yet another banned member from RSC and not me? Did anyone at RSC
> bother to check the ip's to see if it really is the same person?

Sorry to have to break the news to you, but you're not the center of the
universe and all comments aren't actually about you.

> I had a friend do a search for threads by member. That 1 member
> only had 4 posts, none of them even worthy of a warning, yet
> RSC instabans him, why?
>
> That instabanned same member and another instabanned member in
> this thread. This was this other members only post, why was
> this member banned?
>
>> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=220900

> Based on just these two victims of instanbanning, I'd say RSC
> banning is getting out of hand.

I'd say you have clue what the hell you're talking about by making
assumptions when you don't know all the facts.

Old September 3rd 05, 01:06 AM
Jeff Reid

>> I just assumed this was a reference to me. So Dan is implying it's
>> yet another banned member from RSC and not me? Did anyone at RSC
>> bother to check the ip's to see if it really is the same person?

> Sorry to have to break the news to you, but you're not the center of the universe and all comments aren't actually
> about you.

As usual you never answer the questions. One more time, is there
really one banned member creating new account just to troll and
malign as claimed by Dan? Did anyone check the ips of these
accounts?

>> I had a friend do a search for threads by member. That 1 member
>> only had 4 posts, none of them even worthy of a warning, yet
>> RSC instabans him, why?
>>
>> That instabanned same member and another instabanned member in
>> this thread. This was this other members only post, why was
>> this member banned?
>>
>>> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=220900

>> Based on just these two victims of instanbanning, I'd say RSC
>> banning is getting out of hand.
>>

> I'd say you have clue what the hell you're talking about by making assumptions when you don't know all the facts.

Again, you don't answer the question. What facts am I missing?

What was wrong with the post made in this by the member that Dan
responsded to? Dan states that RSC doesn't ban members for
protesting a warning, yet the member he's responding to is
instanbanned. I don't think I'm missing any facts here.

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=138737

and in my case, which of my PM's were impolite.

Old September 3rd 05, 01:27 AM
Scirocco

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message

> As usual you never answer the questions. One more time, is there
> really one banned member creating new account just to troll and
> malign as claimed by Dan? Did anyone check the ips of these
> accounts?

It's none of your damn business how many members may or may not be doing it.
Regardless of whether or not I know, or if I even cared to find out in the
first place, I wouldn't post it. As or checking an IP address, geeee, I
doubt anyone ever thought of that.....

> Again, you don't answer the question. What facts am I missing?
>
> What was wrong with the post made in this by the member that Dan
> responsded to? Dan states that RSC doesn't ban members for
> protesting a warning, yet the member he's responding to is
> instanbanned. I don't think I'm missing any facts here.
>
> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=138737
>
> and in my case, which of my PM's were impolite.

Try reading the whole post by Dan that you keep on referring to, mainly the
1st 2 sentences and try to figure out how it might correspond to the person
he quoted...