NASCAR SimRacing: A faint pulse?

Old August 28th 05, 10:37 PM
John Simmons

In article >,
says...

> Are you going to rejoin the RASCARians for some rFactor?

Not unless things change at the top...

I'm racing at NASCOR right now, and they're gonna start up a rFactor
series when it comes out. I'm hoping that The Pits releases their 1970
mod (and some tracks) at the same time as rFactor is released so I can
still race stockcars until more desireable mods are released.

NASCOR runs series for cup, bgn, cts, and aero88. I just run aero88
(friday nights 9p eastern) - the competition is pretty good, and the
racing is exceptional. My dad races there as well.

Anyone from RASCAR is invited, even Dave.

Old August 29th 05, 07:10 PM
Plowboy

Sounds to me you are hoping against hope and knowledge, the f1rst debacle
pretty much killed the modding of nr03, but I could be wrong, but since
f1rst more orless came in all the moddrs mouths, so to speak I don't forsee
70's mod, or anything else do you? even Brian Ring has left the building so
to speak.
John Simmons enlightened us with:

Old September 2nd 05, 10:59 AM
John Simmons

The Pits is currently working on both their TPTCC mod (featuring the
2005 Mustang "F1RC") and the 70's Stockcar mod for rFactor. They may
even re-do their Aero88 mod as well. Not only that, but they are close
to releasing the 70's mod for NR2K3 (using CTS physics).

As far as tracks are concerned, I thought I heard that Brian Ring is
working on tracks for rFactor, Lime Rock Park has already been released,
and there are at least three ovals currently being worked on, including
Daytona. Hoping against hope? I think not.

You can count on the popularity of stockcar racing to hit rFactor in the
near future. The genre is simply too popular to ignore in the US, and
mods and tracks will be forthcoming.

Personally, I'd also like to see someone do a 1967 grand prix mod to
replace the venerable (and highly respected) Grand Prix Legends.

In article <pcIQe.21313$hp.1813@lakeread08>,
says...

Old September 2nd 05, 05:03 PM
Mitch_A

You gonna have a Rfactor series/league John?

Mitch

Old September 2nd 05, 07:50 PM
John Simmons

In article >,
says...
> You gonna have a Rfactor series/league John?
>
> Mitch

I'll run in one or more, but I'm done with running them...