Got a gas heater

Old October 26th 04, 02:10 AM
jjs

Default Got a gas heater

What strange critter these gas heaters are. Where does a person find a new
sparker for them? Mine is there, but it's a little loose and wanders left
and right about a few millimeters.

Old October 26th 04, 02:42 AM
Speedy Jim

jjs wrote:

> What strange critter these gas heaters are. Where does a person find a new
> sparker for them? Mine is there, but it's a little loose and wanders left
> and right about a few millimeters.

Ummmmmmmm. There were a couple of mfr's and several models.

Start here maybe for parts:
http://store.cip1.com/

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old October 26th 04, 03:29 AM
jjs

"Speedy Jim" > wrote in message ...
> jjs wrote:
>>
>> What strange critter these gas heaters are. Where does a person find a
>> new
>> sparker for them? Mine is there, but it's a little loose and wanders left
>> and right about a few millimeters.

> Ummmmmmmm. There were a couple of mfr's and several models.

Ah hah! Yep, this one is 'something else'. No VW part numbers, and the
patent markings are French, Canadian and USA.

> Start here maybe for parts:
> http://store.cip1.com/

Done that. No luck. Methinks this is another part for the Big Box in the
Attic. ...unless you want it. (It's a 6V thing.)

Old October 26th 04, 04:53 AM
Ed B

The ignition device is either a standard spark plug or standard deisel style
glow plug on most models. Take that out and see if the local parts store can
match it up. Should be able to use a standard sleeve too, but you'd have to
order that in if needed in most places

Old October 26th 04, 04:53 AM
Ed B

Old October 26th 04, 04:53 AM
Ed B

Old October 26th 04, 04:53 AM
Ed B

Old October 26th 04, 05:56 AM
Jan Andersson

jjs wrote:

> "Speedy Jim" > wrote in message ...
> > jjs wrote:
> >>
> >> What strange critter these gas heaters are. Where does a person find a
> >> new
> >> sparker for them? Mine is there, but it's a little loose and wanders left
> >> and right about a few millimeters.

> > Ummmmmmmm. There were a couple of mfr's and several models.

> Ah hah! Yep, this one is 'something else'. No VW part numbers, and the
> patent markings are French, Canadian and USA.
>
> > Start here maybe for parts:
> > http://store.cip1.com/

> Done that. No luck. Methinks this is another part for the Big Box in the
> Attic. ...unless you want it. (It's a 6V thing.)

If you showed me a picture, I might be able to recognize it?
I know just about all of the ones from Europe.

Jan
Old October 26th 04, 07:05 AM
jjs

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message

> If you showed me a picture, I might be able to recognize it?
> I know just about all of the ones from Europe.

I appreciate that, Jan, but I'm not terribly concerned about it. It's just
more swap meet fare.

Old October 26th 04, 08:14 AM
jjs

"Jan" > wrote in message

> jjs wrote:
>>
>> "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
>>
>> > If you showed me a picture, I might be able to recognize it?
>> > I know just about all of the ones from Europe.

>> I appreciate that, Jan, but I'm not terribly concerned about it. It's
>> just
>> more swap meet fare.

> I'm currently installing an Eberspacher BN4 in my bus...

Take pictures! Has the weather reached freezing there yet? It has here.