Looking for 2100cc+ engine. Any Recommendation?

Old October 24th 04, 03:43 AM
Scott

Default Looking for 2100cc+ engine. Any Recommendation?

I'm adding my 2nd dunebuggy to my collection. The first buggy is a
1600 Dual Port Autostick which works very well for street driving.
The power is OK and I really like the autostick, however I'm putting a
4 speed tranny and some more HP in the next buggy. I get the HOT VW
magazine and am familiar with some of the vendors that advertise
engines. I'm considering a 2100ccplus engine with dual carbs. Can
anyone speak on the engine builders or ways of doing it yourself if
that would be worth it. Scat, GEX and others I have read about.
Since they all say they are the best, would like to hear from real
users.

Also, with the added HP, which tranny and clutch options are best.
This is for 100% street use on 15" tires.

Thanks
Scott
Old October 24th 04, 04:01 AM
Wolfgang

Try http://www.massivetype4.com/index2.shtml if you are looking for >2L and
long lasting

om...

Old October 25th 04, 01:15 AM
Joe Cali Next Generation-usa

"Wolfgang" > wrote in message news:<MWEed.11074$6P5.2099@okepread02>...
> Try http://www.massivetype4.com/index2.shtml if you are looking for >2L and
> long lasting
>
> "Scott" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I'm adding my 2nd dunebuggy to my collection. The first buggy is a
> > 1600 Dual Port Autostick which works very well for street driving.
> > The power is OK and I really like the autostick, however I'm putting a
> > 4 speed tranny and some more HP in the next buggy. I get the HOT VW
> > magazine and am familiar with some of the vendors that advertise
> > engines. I'm considering a 2100ccplus engine with dual carbs. Can
> > anyone speak on the engine builders or ways of doing it yourself if
> > that would be worth it. Scat, GEX and others I have read about.
> > Since they all say they are the best, would like to hear from real
> > users.
> >
> > Also, with the added HP, which tranny and clutch options are best.
> > This is for 100% street use on 15" tires.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Scott

I agree with Wolfgang, also check out my site www.nextgen-usa.com you
will be putting your money into an engine that will last. When you go
beyond 1700 in a T-1 the life of the engine goes down as the engine
gets larger.
Joe
Old October 25th 04, 09:08 PM
Emily Steed

In article >, saw_82
@yahoo.com says...
> I'm adding my 2nd dunebuggy to my collection. The first buggy is a
> 1600 Dual Port Autostick which works very well for street driving.
> The power is OK and I really like the autostick, however I'm putting a
> 4 speed tranny and some more HP in the next buggy. I get the HOT VW
> magazine and am familiar with some of the vendors that advertise
> engines. I'm considering a 2100ccplus engine with dual carbs. Can
> anyone speak on the engine builders or ways of doing it yourself if
> that would be worth it. Scat, GEX and others I have read about.
> Since they all say they are the best, would like to hear from real
> users.
>
> Also, with the added HP, which tranny and clutch options are best.
> This is for 100% street use on 15" tires.
>
> Thanks
> Scott

I would definitely recommend JCS Volks Machine in the Los Angeles area.
They can be found at: http://www.jcsvwparts.com/homejcs.htm. I had
some plastic wrap and engine compartment insulation get sucked into the
fan of my 1776. Burned out the engine and wanted a quality turnkey
replacement. On the recommendation of my VW-Porsche mechanic, I
contacted Dave at JCS. He was very responsive, offering suggestions,
and above all, after sale technical advice and help by phone and email.
Their customer service is top notch. I bought a 2110 cc, which produces
noticeable increases in torque (over the 1776), the components appear to
be quality parts (including a screen over the fan intake!), engine runs
cool (340 degrees measured with a cylinder head temp gauge at #3 spark
plug), and the prices were reasonable considering the quality of the
components, their reputation as engine builders, and their customer
orientation. Would I do it again? - without any hesitation.
--
Emily Steed
Please post your response to NG, thanks.
Old October 26th 04, 01:59 AM
jjs

"Emily Steed" > wrote in message
t...

> I would definitely recommend JCS Volks Machine in the Los Angeles area.

How many hard miles do have on that wonder-engine?

Old October 27th 04, 05:39 AM
Lane Jennison

Scott wrote:
> I'm adding my 2nd dunebuggy to my collection. The first buggy is a
> 1600 Dual Port Autostick which works very well for street driving.
> The power is OK and I really like the autostick, however I'm putting a
> 4 speed tranny and some more HP in the next buggy. I get the HOT VW
> magazine and am familiar with some of the vendors that advertise
> engines. I'm considering a 2100ccplus engine with dual carbs. Can
> anyone speak on the engine builders or ways of doing it yourself if
> that would be worth it. Scat, GEX and others I have read about.
> Since they all say they are the best, would like to hear from real
> users.
>
> Also, with the added HP, which tranny and clutch options are best.
> This is for 100% street use on 15" tires.
>
> Thanks
> Scott

I had bad luck with these guys: http://www.qualitygermanautoparts.com/

They had an an advertisement in Hot VW's. I just got a shortblock 2110
from them. They didn't clearance the case properly.

Lane

Rotary Engine FAQ 0501 Felix Miata Driving 0 January 1st 05 12:27 PM
1990 520i engine probs Work Hard BMW 3 October 28th 04 05:01 PM
3.3L downshifting by self after replacing Engine Bob Warmen Chrysler 8 October 12th 04 05:39 PM