Green viatology; confirming your carbon footprint

Old August 20th 09, 01:08 AM posted to ne.transportation,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation
Carl ROGÉRS

Default Green viatology; confirming your carbon footprint

Hi Viatologists,

As you continue your scientific studies of roadways, please take a
moment to realise how your carbon footprint affects the environment!
Carbon densifies the ozone layer and traps heat. Consider going above
and beyond the scientific principles of viatology by additionally
keeping YOUR studies green. With your help, you can help save the
planet. For a list of recommended guidelines in "green" for viatology-
based research, please refer to this article:

http://tinyurl.com/92hv4h

Of importance:

(1) Don't take road trips purely for the sake of roads!!! Bundle it
into a
vacation and kill two birds w/one stone.
(2) If viatologists wish to discuss their topic w/ one another, use
alternative communication mediums like teleconferencing, telephone,
or
physically meeting together for more than a Saturday/Sunday gig
that's
several hundred kilometres away. If you're traveling that kind of
distance
for that short of a meet, your lack of a social life is deprecating to
Earth
and is a carbon pollutant.
(3) If you must travel for the sake of viatology alone, consider a
fuel-efficient car that gets more than 30 MPG or 7.75L/100km.
(4) Carpool w/ other viatologists when all possible.

To reiterate -- getting to your destination of roadside research
produces carbon emission. It doesn't matter whether you travel by
car, rail, or airplane. Do your part and determine what method suits
the environment.

The WWTL officially endorses a green advertising-partner called 'Trip
Footprint', who uncoincidentally offers you the ability to compute
your footprint based on your mode of transportation AND the number of
people involved in your travel party: http://www.tripfootprint.com .
Consider a visit today.

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Environment first, transportology second"
********
Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):
http://wwtl.info
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
Since 2000, we have offered several photographs, videos and
Virtual 360 captures -- to each viatologist & transportologist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********

Old August 20th 09, 01:28 AM posted to ne.transportation,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation
Jym Dyer

=v= Carl Rogers has certainly presented an unexpected quirk
here, but I'm still not so sure it passes the Turing Test.
<_Jym_>

Old August 20th 09, 01:57 AM posted to ne.transportation,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation
MLOM

On Aug 19, 7:28*pm, Jym Dyer > wrote:
> =v= Carl Rogers has certainly presented an unexpected quirk
> here, but I'm still not so sure it passes the Turing Test.
> * * <_Jym_>

psssst...OSTT. Thanks.
Old August 20th 09, 11:06 AM posted to ne.transportation,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation
Froggie

On Aug 19, 8:57*pm, MLOM > wrote:
> On Aug 19, 7:28*pm, Jym Dyer > wrote:
>
> > =v= Carl Rogers has certainly presented an unexpected quirk
> > here, but I'm still not so sure it passes the Turing Test.
> > * * <_Jym_>

> psssst...OSTT. *Thanks.

Those from other newsgroups besides MTR are not going to know what
OSTT is.

Froggie
Old August 20th 09, 03:11 PM posted to ne.transportation,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation
Higgs Boson

On Aug 19, 8:08*pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> As you continue your scientific studies of roadways, please take a
> moment to realise how your carbon footprint affects the environment!
> Carbon densifies the ozone layer and traps heat. *Consider going above
> and beyond the scientific principles of viatology by additionally
> keeping YOUR studies green. *With your help, you can help save the
> planet. *For a list of recommended guidelines in "green" for viatology-
> based research, please refer to this article:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/92hv4h
>
> Of importance:
>
> (1) *Don't take road trips purely for the sake of roads!!! *Bundle it
> into a
> vacation and kill two birds w/one stone.
> (2) *If viatologists wish to discuss their topic w/ one another, use
> alternative communication mediums like teleconferencing, telephone,
> or
> physically meeting together for more than a Saturday/Sunday gig
> that's
> several hundred kilometres away. *If you're traveling that kind of
> distance
> for that short of a meet, your lack of a social life is deprecating to
> Earth
> and is a carbon pollutant.
> (3) *If you must travel for the sake of viatology alone, consider a
> fuel-efficient car that gets more than 30 MPG or 7.75L/100km.
> (4) *Carpool w/ other viatologists when all possible.
>
> To reiterate -- getting to your destination of roadside research
> produces carbon emission. *It doesn't matter whether you travel by
> car, rail, or airplane. *Do your part and determine what method suits
> the environment.
>
> The WWTL officially endorses a green advertising-partner called 'Trip
> Footprint', who uncoincidentally offers you the ability to compute
> your footprint based on your mode of transportation AND the number of
> people involved in your travel party: *http://www.tripfootprint.com.
> Consider a visit today.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl Rogers
> "Environment first, transportology second"
> ********
> Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):http://wwtl.info
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
> Since 2000, we have offered several photographs, videos and
> Virtual 360 captures -- to each viatologist & transportologist.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ********

Society will receive a significant upgrade when you stop converting
oxygen into carbon dioxide.

Old August 21st 09, 05:45 AM posted to ne.transportation,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation
[email protected][_2_]

On Aug 19, 7:08*pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> As you continue your scientific studies of roadways, please take a
> moment to realise how your carbon footprint affects the environment!
> Carbon densifies the ozone layer and traps heat. *Consider going above
> and beyond the scientific principles of viatology by additionally
> keeping YOUR studies green. *With your help, you can help save the
> planet. *For a list of recommended guidelines in "green" for viatology-
> based research, please refer to this article:

Too bad you're all about brown viatology... what with your sticking
your meatpole in random tranny hookers' "federal routes" and all that.

> To reiterate -- getting to your destination of roadside research
> produces carbon emission.

It can't be worse than your emissions, which smell like a deadly
combination of horse semen and Taco Bell.

> The WWTL officially endorses a green advertising-partner called 'Trip
> Footprint', who uncoincidentally offers you the ability to compute
> your footprint based on your mode of transportation AND the number of
> people involved in your travel party: *http://www.tripfootprint.com.
> Consider a visit today.

For once I agree with Karl, but only because it's a legitimate website
and not the Worldwide Tongue-in-Anus Library.
Old August 22nd 09, 04:43 PM posted to ne.transportation,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation
Pete

On Aug 19, 8:08*pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> As you continue your scientific studies of roadways, please take a
> moment to realise how your carbon footprint affects the environment!
> Carbon densifies the ozone layer and traps heat. *Consider going above
> and beyond the scientific principles of viatology by additionally
> keeping YOUR studies green. *With your help, you can help save the
> planet. *For a list of recommended guidelines in "green" for viatology-
> based research, please refer to this article:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/92hv4h
>
> Of importance:
>
> (1) *Don't take road trips purely for the sake of roads!!! *Bundle it
> into a
> vacation and kill two birds w/one stone.
> (2) *If viatologists wish to discuss their topic w/ one another, use
> alternative communication mediums like teleconferencing, telephone,
> or
> physically meeting together for more than a Saturday/Sunday gig
> that's
> several hundred kilometres away. *If you're traveling that kind of
> distance
> for that short of a meet, your lack of a social life is deprecating to
> Earth
> and is a carbon pollutant.
> (3) *If you must travel for the sake of viatology alone, consider a
> fuel-efficient car that gets more than 30 MPG or 7.75L/100km.
> (4) *Carpool w/ other viatologists when all possible.
>
> To reiterate -- getting to your destination of roadside research
> produces carbon emission. *It doesn't matter whether you travel by
> car, rail, or airplane. *Do your part and determine what method suits
> the environment.
>
> The WWTL officially endorses a green advertising-partner called 'Trip
> Footprint', who uncoincidentally offers you the ability to compute
> your footprint based on your mode of transportation AND the number of
> people involved in your travel party: *http://www.tripfootprint.com.
> Consider a visit today.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl Rogers

Please stop cross-posting anything to ne.transportation that is not
specifically about transportation in New England.
Old August 22nd 09, 04:49 PM posted to ne.transportation,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation
necromancer[_6_]

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 08:43:29 -0700 (PDT), Pete >
wrote:

<< snip calrog crap >>

>Please stop cross-posting anything to ne.transportation that is not
>specifically about transportation in New England.

Please observe OSTT. Thanks.

--
necromancer - ECHM
Old August 22nd 09, 08:38 PM posted to ne.transportation,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation
David Nebenzahl

On 8/22/2009 8:49 AM necromancer spake thus:

> On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 08:43:29 -0700 (PDT), Pete >
> wrote:
>
> << snip calrog crap >>
>
>>Please stop cross-posting anything to ne.transportation that is not
>>specifically about transportation in New England.

> Please observe OSTT. Thanks.

OSTT: Ohev Shalom Talmud Torah? Off-shore tanker terminal?
Organizational systems technology training? Open systems technology
transfer? What?

Old August 22nd 09, 09:16 PM posted to ne.transportation,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ba.transportation
Al Caholic

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 12:38:14 -0700, David Nebenzahl
> wrote:

>On 8/22/2009 8:49 AM necromancer spake thus:
>
>> On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 08:43:29 -0700 (PDT), Pete >
>> wrote:
>>
>> << snip calrog crap >>
>>
>>>Please stop cross-posting anything to ne.transportation that is not
>>>specifically about transportation in New England.

>> Please observe OSTT. Thanks.

>OSTT: Ohev Shalom Talmud Torah? Off-shore tanker terminal?
>Organizational systems technology training? Open systems technology
>transfer? What?

Operation Starve The Troll. In other words, don't reply to anything
that carl spams to the newsgroups to deprive him of the attention he
craves.

AC

Green, responsible viatology [email protected] Driving 19 May 14th 09 04:56 PM
What is viatology? Carl Rogers Driving 30 April 22nd 09 11:55 AM
Green viatology, revisited Carl Rogers Driving 14 February 4th 09 12:47 AM
Viatology Carl Rogers Driving 2 December 30th 08 02:54 AM
Green viatology Carl Rogers Driving 0 June 26th 08 10:47 PM