Rich NFL star gets 30 days for drunk driving killing of pedestrian

Old June 17th 09, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Ted \I survived Chappaquiddick\ Kennedy

Default Rich NFL star gets 30 days for drunk driving killing ofpedestrian

On Jun 17, 11:23*am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> "C. E. White" > wrote in news:4a38d5f9$1
> @kcnews01:
>
> > I saw a discussion of this case on TV last night. Most of the stories
> > make it seem as this was the case of a rich drunk sports star running
> > down some poor old guy. The truth is not so clear. The victim was not
> > in a crosswalk and darted out from between cars. Stallworth had been
> > drinking but it is not clear that the drinking was the cause of the
> > accident. If Stallworth had been some ordinary citizen it is likely
> > they would not have threatened jail time. The State had a very weak
> > case but given the public perception of athletes these days,
> > Stallworth was not going to take his chance with a jury that might be
> > full of jealous spite filled old white people. You know the sort,
> > people who have nothing better to do than demonize anyone more
> > successful that they are.

> Hey stupid. *Stallworth is successful in the same sense a bank robber is.
> He has a lot of money but he doesn't deserve a penny of it. *He's just a
> dumb useless jock and thus a parasite in society.

Odd, the same could be said for your hero Tigger.

> And BTW - saying stallworth "had been drinking" is putting it mildly. He
> was well over the legal limit. *The state had a very strong case. you
> hater.!!!!!

Odd, I have yet to see any reference to "the legal limit" in the part
of the article you poasted.

Old June 17th 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
necromancer - ECHM[_2_]

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:04:01 -0700 (PDT), "Ted \"I survived
Chappaquiddick\" Kennedy"
<TedKennedyMurderedHisPregnantMistress.dwpj65@spam gourmet.com> wrote:

>Odd, I have yet to see any reference to "the legal limit" in the part
>of the article you poasted.

That reference exists in SFB's feeble mind; just like alot of its
delusions reside....

--
"There's not a shred of evidence that the jerries murdered anything
close to 7 million jooz. Another monstrous lie just like the 9-11

-- Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend, 12/01/2004
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/9oog5
Old June 17th 09, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Ted \I survived Chappaquiddick\ Kennedy

On Jun 17, 5:41*pm, necromancer - ECHM
> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:04:01 -0700 (PDT), "Ted \"I survived
> Chappaquiddick\" Kennedy"
>
> <TedKennedyMurderedHisPregnantMistress.dwp...@spam gourmet.com> wrote:
>
> >Odd, I have yet to see any reference to "the legal limit" in the part
> >of the article you poasted.

> That reference exists in SFB's feeble mind; just like alot of its
> delusions reside....

Thanks for pointing that out.

You know, any time I start to question my sanity, I just think about
SFB, and I feel so much better. :-)

Old June 18th 09, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
robw

On Jun 17, 5:04*pm, "Ted \"I survived Chappaquiddick\" Kennedy"
<TedKennedyMurderedHisPregnantMistress.dwp...@spam gourmet.com> wrote:
> On Jun 17, 11:23*am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
>

> > wrote:
> > "C. E. White" > wrote in news:4a38d5f9$1
> > @kcnews01:

> > > I saw a discussion of this case on TV last night. Most of the stories
> > > make it seem as this was the case of a rich drunk sports star running
> > > down some poor old guy. The truth is not so clear. The victim was not
> > > in a crosswalk and darted out from between cars. Stallworth had been
> > > drinking but it is not clear that the drinking was the cause of the
> > > accident. If Stallworth had been some ordinary citizen it is likely
> > > they would not have threatened jail time. The State had a very weak
> > > case but given the public perception of athletes these days,
> > > Stallworth was not going to take his chance with a jury that might be
> > > full of jealous spite filled old white people. You know the sort,
> > > people who have nothing better to do than demonize anyone more
> > > successful that they are.

> > Hey stupid. *Stallworth is successful in the same sense a bank robber is.
> > He has a lot of money but he doesn't deserve a penny of it. *He's just a
> > dumb useless jock and thus a parasite in society.

> Odd, the same could be said for your hero Tigger.
>
> > And BTW - saying stallworth "had been drinking" is putting it mildly. He
> > was well over the legal limit. *The state had a very strong case. you
> > hater.!!!!!

> Odd, I have yet to see any reference to "the legal limit" in the part
> of the article you poasted.- Hide quoted text -

I read an srticle in the Philly papers today.
He was well over the legal limit.

What probably helped him was accounts that he called 911, was co-
operative with police and never tried to duck responsibility for what
happened.

That said, he was a memeber of an elite group (part of a 53 man roster
in a 32 team league) and desreved every penny he earned.

Old June 18th 09, 12:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
C. E. White[_1_]

"robw" > wrote in message

> He was well over the legal limit.

But what the heck is the legal limit based on? At least in my state,
the legal limit was not based on any sort of scientific facts that
show that someone who blows 0.08 is more impared than a 80 year old
lady. It is based on a bunch of whinning from MADD and other
anti-alcohol fanatics.

We all see stone sober people driving around who are more of a menace
than someone who has had 3 or 4 drink.....

Ed

Old June 18th 09, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Ray[_14_]

On Jun 16, 11:25*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> MLOM > wrote :
>
> > On Jun 16, 3:36*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> > > wrote:

> >> do you enjoy being the board laughingstock? *HAHAHA-

> > Probably about as much as you do. *HAHAHA.

> Some friendly advice. Never insult someone who's 10 times smarter and 20
> times meaner than you are.

Not to mention 100x crazier and 1000x more unemployed and useless to
society.
Old June 18th 09, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Harry K

On Jun 18, 4:51*am, "C. E. White" >
wrote:
> "robw" > wrote in message

> > He was well over the legal limit.

> But what the heck is the legal limit based on? At least in my state,
> the legal limit was not based on any sort of scientific facts that
> show that someone who blows 0.08 is more impared than a 80 year old
> lady. It is based on a bunch of whinning from MADD and other
> anti-alcohol fanatics.
>
> We all see stone sober people driving around who are more of a menace
> than someone who has had 3 or 4 drink.....
>
> Ed

Doesn't really matter. The law says.... Just as the law says you
can't drive faster than .... Break either law (and get caught) you
pay the penalty whether the law is reasonable or not.

Harry K
Old June 18th 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
C. E. White[_1_]

"harry k" > wrote in message

> > We all see stone sober people driving around who are more of a
> > menace
> > than someone who has had 3 or 4 drink.....

> Ed
>
> Doesn't really matter. The law says.... Just as the law says you
> can't drive faster than .... Break either law (and get caught) you
> pay the penalty whether the law is reasonable or not.

I understand that. I am not OK with sanctimonious pricks condemming
someone as "a dumb useless jock and thus a parasite in society"
becasue he violated what is basically a politcally based artitray
standard. I have no idea how impared Stallworth actually was. All I
know is that he failed a test that measures his blood alcohol level
(he blew 0.126) and that the relationship between the measured blood
alcohol level and impairment is not well defined and certainly varies
from one individual to another. No where have I seen it allegedged
that Stallworth was obviously drunk (no slurring of words, no
staggering, etc). He failed the breathalyser and that is all. From
what I have heard there is nothing that indicates that drinking was
the major factor in the accident. You might as well blame speeding (it
was estimated he was doing 50 in a 40), or an unsafe movement (going
around a car blocking the road), arrogance, being tired (Stallworth
had been up all night) or a combination of all these factors.
Stallworth's behavior after the collsion was correct - he stopped,
called 911, co-operated with the police, etc. I can't see where
locking him in jail for years would make any difference. In addition
to a month ni jail, a fine, a civil settlement, etc., it is also
likely the NFL will suspend him for some portion of time (a major
financial hit to Stallworth). What do you think would have happened if
some 85 year old white lady had killed the guy while hurrying to Her
hair appointment?

Ed

Old June 19th 09, 04:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Harry K

On Jun 18, 7:52*am, "C. E. White" >
wrote:
> "harry k" > wrote in message

> > > We all see stone sober people driving around who are more of a
> > > menace
> > > than someone who has had 3 or 4 drink.....

> > Ed

> > Doesn't really matter. *The law says.... *Just as the law says you
> > can't drive faster than .... *Break either law (and get caught) you
> > pay the penalty whether the law is reasonable or not.

> I *understand that. I am not OK with sanctimonious pricks condemming
> someone as "a dumb useless jock and thus a parasite in society"
> becasue he violated what is basically a politcally based artitray
> standard. I have no idea how impared Stallworth actually was. All I
> know is that he failed a test that measures his blood alcohol level
> (he blew 0.126) and that the relationship between the measured blood
> alcohol level and impairment is not well defined and certainly varies
> from one individual to another. No where have I seen it allegedged
> that Stallworth was obviously drunk (no slurring of words, no
> staggering, etc). He failed the breathalyser and that is all. From
> what I have heard there is nothing that indicates that drinking was
> the major factor in the accident. You might as well blame speeding (it
> was estimated he was doing 50 in a 40), or an unsafe movement (going
> around a car blocking the road), arrogance, being tired (Stallworth
> had been up all night) or a combination of all these factors.
> Stallworth's behavior after the collsion was correct - he stopped,
> called 911, co-operated with the police, etc. I can't see where
> locking him in jail for years would make any difference. In addition
> to a month ni jail, a fine, a civil settlement, etc., it is also
> likely the NFL will suspend him for some portion of time (a major
> financial hit to Stallworth). What do you think would have happened if
> some 85 year old white lady had killed the guy while hurrying to Her
> hair appointment?
>
> Ed

That there is inequity in _how_ the law is administered is well
known. The famous get way too many breaks in court.

As to impairment, you are correct. I booked more than a couple of
habitual drunks way over the limit during my time as a jailer. To see
and talk to them. they were stone cold sober.

Harry K
Old June 22nd 09, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Paulie Walnutts

On Jun 17, 8:21*pm, robw > wrote:
> On Jun 17, 5:04*pm, "Ted \"I survived Chappaquiddick\" Kennedy"
>

> <TedKennedyMurderedHisPregnantMistress.dwp...@spam gourmet.com> wrote:
> > On Jun 17, 11:23*am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"

> > > wrote:
> > > "C. E. White" > wrote in news:4a38d5f9$1
> > > @kcnews01:

> > > Hey stupid. *Stallworth is successful in the same sense a bank robber is.
> > > He has a lot of money but he doesn't deserve a penny of it. *He's just a
> > > dumb useless jock and thus a parasite in society.

> > Odd, the same could be said for your hero Tigger.

> > > And BTW - saying stallworth "had been drinking" is putting it mildly. He
> > > was well over the legal limit. *The state had a very strong case. you
> > > hater.!!!!!

> > Odd, I have yet to see any reference to "the legal limit" in the part
> > of the article you poasted.- Hide quoted text -

> I read an srticle in the Philly papers today.
> He was well over the legal limit.
>
> What probably helped him was accounts that he called 911, was co-
> operative with police and never tried to duck responsibility for what
> happened.
>
> That said, he was a memeber of an elite group (part of a 53 man roster
> in a 32 team league) and desreved every penny he earned.- Hide quoted text -

Why,because he entertains you juvenile pro sports worshipping
loooozzzzuuurrrrs?? What a ****ing joke !!!