2000 Beetle Radio treble/bass won't adjust? and CD treble, bass,balance won't adjust?

Old January 4th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default 2000 Beetle Radio treble/bass won't adjust? and CD treble, bass,balance won't adjust?

Hi,

This problem was discussed here before and now I have exact the same
issue. It happened after replacing the battery. Radio unit on most WV
will not work after battery was disconnected as a part of security
feature. But in my case VW Bettle 1999 - it still works, just Bass/
Treble won't adjust in Radio mode and Bass/Treble/Balance won't adjust
in CD mode. I think it could be some sort of security issue as well. I
was reading a lot on VW forums that offers some hidden key combination
that some people tried to recover their units from safe mode, but they
didn't work for me. If someone had the same issue, please share you
experience. Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards,
Beetle
Old January 5th 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

Maybe the ECM needs some attention or tweaking for the radio. I don't know but post your solution please.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/...igation_System

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vwmkIV.html#56

56- Radio: - KWP1281
VAG-COM appears to work fine.

Radio Recoding:

[Select]
[56 - Radio]
[Recode - 07]
Write down the existing coding for future reference.
Enter 5-digit code from below
[Do It!]

Look at the first two digits in the coding (sound field tuning):

00 - All models with Premium VI w/o Multifunction Steering Wheel
01 - Golf/GTI
02 - Jetta
03 - Jetta Wagon
04 - All models with Premium VI with Multifunction Steering Wheel
06 - New Beetle

Look at the third digit in the coding (radio/speaker system):

0 - Premium V or Premium VI (Monsoon)
4 - Premium IV, Premium V, or Premium VI (non-Monsoon)

Look at the fourth digit in the coding (sound correction):

0 - Premium IV, Premium V, or Premium VI (non-Monsoon)
3 - Premium V (Monsoon) 2-door or Premium VI (Monsoon)
4 - Premium V (Monsoon) 4-door

Look at the fifth digit in the coding (CD player/changer):

1 - Without CD Player/Changer
3 - With CD Player/Changer

So, if you have a 2-door GTI with Monsoon and a CD changer, 01,0,3,3 = 01033.

> wrote in message ...
Hi,

This problem was discussed here before and now I have exact the same
issue. It happened after replacing the battery. Radio unit on most WV
will not work after battery was disconnected as a part of security
feature. But in my case VW Bettle 1999 - it still works, just Bass/
Treble won't adjust in Radio mode and Bass/Treble/Balance won't adjust
in CD mode. I think it could be some sort of security issue as well. I
was reading a lot on VW forums that offers some hidden key combination
that some people tried to recover their units from safe mode, but they
didn't work for me. If someone had the same issue, please share you
experience. Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards,
Beetle

How to adjust the PS belt on a 2000 Civic DX ? ndccpf1 Honda 2 November 16th 07 08:09 AM
2000 Accord Coupe and upright string bass Boxboy Honda 3 June 2nd 07 01:55 AM
Additional Bass [email protected] Audi 0 March 25th 06 07:27 PM
2006 Jeep Stereo Hacks? Defeat Bass Boost. cakoala Jeep 1 March 16th 06 05:11 AM