Interesting videos

Old September 9th 05, 08:13 AM
Jeff Reid

Default Interesting videos

Can't change the past, but maybe I can make up for all the RSC
complaining with some links to interesting videos:

0 to 6400mph in 6 seconds (with sudden stop).

It's a rocket sled world record. Click on the picture to see the video.
Note how long and narrow the rocket flame gets near the end of the run.
Hard to appreciate the speed since the camera is pretty far away.

http://www.46tg.af.mil/world_record.htm

Quite a bit slower but still interesting rocket bike:

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/rktbike.avi

Unlike turbo hayabusa motorcycles that can go 227mph with
stock farings and longer swing arms, many cars become lifting
bodies at high speed.

RX7 at 215mph at bonneville:

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/rx7215.wmv

Mercedes at Lemans (199)

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/mrcfly.wmv

Porsche at Petite Lemans Road Atlanta

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/prsfly.wmv

Don Vesco (now passed away) reaching 470mph run at Bonneville
(no incidents).

http://www.teamvesco.com/fast_ride.htm

Glider Dynamic Soaring at 229mph

His comment about scary fast is the limits of the model
(breaking up) Later he ran a 232mph run (see below), and
one of the surfaces fluttered at high speed causing
minor damage. The models are stronger now.

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/229.wmv

For more info on dyanamic soaring visit this site. A good
explanation for how it works, except ignore the part about
low pressure / high pressure areas which don't contribute
anything significant, it's just the difference in the speed
of the air flow. Click on the lower left glider for an
animated explanation, click on the lower right glider for
the 232mph run.

http://www.billpattersonart.com/dszone.swf

Radio control heli, if you've never seen one of these doing
extreme stunts, it's pretty impressive:

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/rcheli.wmv

You can find a lot of rc heli videos by joining up (free) at

http://www.helifreak.com

Quadruple back flip from flying rings (Santa Monica, the
original muscle beach, back in 1976, the guys name is Val).

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/quad.wmv

I also have a lot of racing game videos on my web site if
interested, just click on the racing game video link.

http://jeffareid.net

Old September 9th 05, 03:39 PM
PlowBoy

seen your videos, a while back, the GTLegends one is probably the sole
reason I kept trying to get that damn sim to run, despite some dip****
mistakes by me, lol. I like the RC boat too...

However since the CHILDREN of RAS takes a goddam debate to the deepest bowls
of purgatory and hate, hell I get excited and cuss, but that isn't
anything... half post here in fun, half in hate, rest because they think
they know jack, yeah a couple actually do... IMHO you wasting bandwidth on
these guys, is money wasted period. I disagreed with you viemently, but
AFAIK that didn NOT mean I hated ya or anyone, even those dumbass foreigners
who hate Dubbya and or USA

(flame away)...

Jeff Reid enlightened us with:

Old September 9th 05, 05:28 PM
ymenard

>"PlowBoy" > wrote
> However since the CHILDREN of RAS takes a goddam debate to the deepest
> bowls of purgatory and hate

?

I'm sorry to inform you about this PlowBoy, but this newsgroup is very, very
tame if you consider standard Usenet practice. It gets some form of
off-topic activity, but it's probably one of the most topical and informal
NG you can have (I'm subscribed to 100+ of them).

Trust me, just look around to other newsgroup and you'll see
hell-unleached-on-earth in the vast majority. Heck I'm not even talking
about the old Jacob NG.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old September 9th 05, 11:26 PM
Bruce Kennewell

I think the word you are searching for is "unleashed".

BK

Old September 10th 05, 11:56 AM
Sidney H Bridge

Bruce Kennewell wrote:
> I think the word you are searching for is "unleashed".

Your write. Its a easy mastach too make, through.
Old September 10th 05, 02:35 PM
ymenard

>"Bruce Kennewell" > wrote
>I think the word you are searching for is "unleashed".

So how's your french?

:-|

That's what I thought.

Old September 11th 05, 01:26 AM
Nick

ymenard wrote:
> >"Bruce Kennewell" > wrote
> >I think the word you are searching for is "unleashed".

> So how's your french?

Pas mal. Je peux parler un petit peu de votre langue.

But you're right. It does suck how here in the UK schools (and people
in general) make very little effort to learn other languages. I try
French and Spanish, but I'm not very good at either

Old September 12th 05, 03:59 AM
Don Scurlock

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in news:yCaUe.212298$E95.64078
@fed1read01:

> Can't change the past, but maybe I can make up for all the RSC
> complaining with some links to interesting videos:

Thanks Jeff. The Dynamic Soaring think is fascinating, learn something new
every day.

Don